Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have a Mouse in my House - Help !.

My local rodent was seen entering my dwellings through the gap in the brickwork around a drainage pipe, after the downstairs neighbour's dog rooted it out.
The set trap, baited with the corner of a bourbon biccy, was sans mouse this morning though..... but disturbing to my eyes was that said sensitive little nipper trap was also devoid of any traces of biscuit crumbs.

The little f___er ate at chez Hilter, and made off like a fat bandito.
Not happy. :angry:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Buy one of these.

fatcat2.jpg

More fun than a mousetrap, and a lifetime of watching them crap in your neighbours' begonias too.

It's one of those things that keep bringing mice into my house :rant:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Can I repeat that the electronic trap does not allow this bait theft scenario to occur?

Mr Mouse has to enter into box from an open end to get to the bait which you have cunningly placed at the far (closed) end.

Sadly for Mickey this closed end is floored with metal and since you have switched on the current he cannot get to his meal without frying :bigwave:

Got another one last night - will have enough for a pair of gloves at this rate....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
My cat leaves them whole (and dead) on the back doorstep.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Indeed. Usually just the back legs and tail, though. Or the entrails.

My cat brings them home to play with, The last one took ages to find and it eventually turned up in the back of my stereo speaker. All was simple after that cos I just turned the music up full volume and as soon as it came out I donked it on the head.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
If it's a mouse, then it's most likely a "house mouse".
Catching it humanely and releasing it onto the downs will make you feel better, but will only condemn it to either a short violent death when it gets eaten by something bigger, or if it finds somewhere to hide, a slow lingering death by starvation, dehydration, or fear.

House Mice are not adapted to living out on the downs.

Kindest thing to do, (if you dont want to sign over the deeds to your house to them), is kill as quickly as possible.
Classic "snap!" mousetraps are pretty good.

I once brained a particularly bold one with a breadboard, as it was feeding on the kitchen worktop in front of me.

I have also heard tell of mousing parties, where individuals are invited to a house and supplied with air guns and ammo.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
I have experience of mouse catching.

What you need to do is do some tough sport and then cunningly leave your stinking trainers around. The mouse will be attracted to the odour, climb inside and either be too happy to leave. - Worked for me!

Yep - A couple of years ago I used to leave my trainers in the garage after complaints from the family about them. - The trainers now live back in the house after I found a dead mouse in them. - I have often wondered whether it died happy or tortured.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
1. Buy another 21 or so mice - this should encourage your mousey friend to emerge.
2. Paint 11 of them blue and the other 11 red.
3. Stage your own reenactment of the 1983 FA Cup Final.

Un Be Lievable.

This flipping mouse has picked my pocket. I have baited the 'little nipper' several times and several ways - placing chocolate under the metal loop at the back of the trip-step (so it has to work hard to get it, and fully stand on the plate), rammed a chocolate encased raisin (from fruit-and-nut bar) onto the bait prong, and now, I've made a little tunnel from two baking tins, so it HAS to enter the trap in one direction only - via the high side of the trip-step. STILL the little twat has made off with the bait, and NOT tripped the snap-bar. :angry:

I checked the sensitivity of the trap, which has seen me swearing at it, for activating after the chocolate was on it (and sending the bait into tiny bits all across the floor), and it SHOULD go on the lightest weight on it. It has caught two in the last month without trouble, but this little bastard must weigh like a spider.

Now, the chocolate is in two bits, on the back of the trap, so it has to make a decent climb and convincing forage with it's snout to get at the bait.

We'll see - but the next resort is going to be sticky traps - then I'll have to kill the buggers myself. I am NOT transporting the sods across the county, just to be nice.
I'll end up worrying that they 'homed', every time I catch another one.

grrrr.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here