Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have a Mouse in my House - Help !.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
with the worry of a fecking bit Rat roaming around I rushed home and pulled out the cabinets and stuff and had a good look around and there were no signs of rodent inhabitation, no poo, no gnawed wookwork, nothing, most odd

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Buy one of these.

fatcat2.jpg

More fun than a mousetrap, and a lifetime of watching them crap in your neighbours' begonias too.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its not a bad idea but I don't think Harry and Oskar would put up with it

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
According to those well known rodent experts UB40, I believe the answer to the question "there's a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do" is to "fix that rat".

Unfortunately, they don't specify exactly how.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I could just about live in harmony with a mouse as long as he keeps himself to himself but a Rat is not a lodger I wish to have.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'll try and fish out the photo for you.

My mate Tamsin was once woken by a rat running across her head. She shat herself :lolol:

this is not helping mate, I will go to bed shitting myself about my overnight experiences, also I read a few weeks back a strong healthy 35 yr old local bloke who died after being bitten by a rat

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Forget humane and get a proper mouse trap, then bait it with chocolate.

Mice and rats are disease carrying vermin.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
Agreed about the classic trap - had several this year - ate through tonnes of chocolate in a cupboard, and the decorations off the tree last year - I blamed my three year old son, as the wrappings were 'hidden' and had teeth marks in, then remembered he hasn't got the face of a mouse.....opps.

Set the trap with chocolate they can't resist it - last one ran across the lounge floor and stood by the fire place just staring at us. I set the trap went up to bed and before i was in bed a clear, crisp snap emanated throughout the building - a shame, but effective.

My son hates them too after the grief I gave him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was in charge of killing the mice at my Research Station in Ecuador. We found a dead mouse when we got half way through a sack of flour. :puke:

Humane or not, you are bound to rid a family of its mother/father so it doesn't make much difference. Most mouse traps cause instantaneous death, so I wouldn't worry about causing the VERMIN pain. Just get rid of it ASAP.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Poison is the only thing for Mice (never only one).

Some Environmental Health will only treat Rats. So say they are Rats if you want the Ratman around.

Forget humane and get a proper mouse trap, then bait it with chocolate.

Mice and rats are disease carrying vermin.

Solution, and only good solution - little nipper, classic mousetraps.
They like chocolate. Keep baiting, as they don't come without a family, and they breed fast. (and mind your fingers when you set the traps)

I am fixturing you.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
the Rodent was nowhere to be seen/heard last night but I will keep you updated

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
the Rodent was nowhere to be seen/heard last night but I will keep you updated

Yes, he was out with me last night at the Geese on Southover. Last time I saw him he was with a ladymouse and they were off to Oceana, he did say they would get a cab back home so he is probably sleeping it off quietly somewhere. I think he is ok though.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rats

http://www.theargus.co.uk/display.var.1805563.0.rats_on_the_march.php

Rats are on the rise with milder winters causing an explosion in the vermin population.

Figures from across Sussex show big increases in the amount of calls pest controllers are getting about rats, in some areas up by almost 50 per cent in less than a year.

But environmental health officers said the breeding boom was part of a national infestation, with the rat population doubling in some towns and villages over the last 20 years.

Crawley Borough Council has received 730 calls so far this year about rats, compared with 535 in 2006.

A number of the vermin have been spotted in the town centre as well as in family gardens and drains.

Karl Bock, environmental health officer in Crawley, said: "One of the main reasons is the mild winter we're having.

"Particularly cold, icy weather kills off the rats but after mild winters there's already quite a large population, so the following spring the population explodes.

"There's been a huge increase nationwide of around 40 per cent over the last six or seven years."

In Lewes call-out figures have already tipped 1,000 this year, doubling the amount recorded in 1978/79.

Figures are also up on last year in Hastings, Adur, Arun, Mid Sussex and Horsham.

As well as the weather, poorly kept bins, bread left out for birds, and litter outside take-aways have all been blamed for aiding the rat explosion.

A wide range of diseases and parasites potentially harmful to humans can be spread by the rodents.

They burrow into compost heaps, under sheds and decking, wall cavities or under floorboards and can even gnaw through cables - leading to electrocution or fire.

Mr Bock added: "Rats have always been associated with mankind since biblical times and they feed off the food man eats.

"We always advise people to put waste out in tightly sealed bins and not plastic bags as they'll just gnaw through them, and we try to make sure restaurants have the right arrangements for refuse storage and disposal.

"But there are other sources - sewers are typical homes for rats and if there are breaks in the pipes the rats will crawl out."

Janet Treagus, spokeswoman for Crawley Borough Council, said: "The worrying thing is that they spread disease. We don't want them in our town centres. We don't want them in our houses.

"But it's a dreadful problem nationally and our environmental health officers tell me there's more because of the milder weather."

Rat Stats 2006 2007 Crawley 535 calls 730 calls Mid Sussex A rise of 25 per cent (no figs available) Hastings 870 calls 963 calls Horsham 992 calls 1,090 calls Adur 246 sites visited 265 sites visited Arun 998 calls 1,002 calls Eastbourne 468 treatments 438 treatments Lewes 1,121 calls 1,083 calls (424 in 78/79) Brighton and Hove 702 treatments in first six months, compared to 666 this year Worthing 432 calls 400 calls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here