Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have a Mouse in my House - Help !.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have a most strange problem. I have an unexpected visitor. I was watching Eastenders a couple of weeks ago with Harry and Oskar and I heard this strange gnawing sound and scraping of little feet. It soon became apparent that I have a rodent of some desciption in my house. It was content to be doing its thing at the back of a book cabinet in the adjoining dining room. There is a lot of stuff there and I thought I would leave it and hope it buggered off out of the house in due course.

On Monday I heard it again but it sounded more like a bloody Racoon or certainly a strong Mouse throwing its weight around which alarmed me a little. I started to worry at the damage the little blighter might cause.

However things took a dramatic turn for the worse last night when I was awoken at around 2am. The little bastard has only decided to hot leg it up the stairs and into my Bedroon hasn't it !. I heard it squeaking and gnawing at the cabinet I have my TV on.

Now I am a firm believer in live and let live but there are limits. I am such a softie I would feel guilty to get a hammer and brain it so I need options to lure it into a trap of some type to release it on the Downs soon.

Any help would be appreciated as I do not wish to share my bedroom with this Rodent !. Anyone else had this problem ???

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think the RSPCA website has advice on humane effective ways to get rid of rodents etc. Worth a look?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Humane traps, bait with chocolate but check them regularly.

Where there is one there are more though.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
1. Stop being such a poof

2. Get yourself down to the local hardware shop (Robert Dyas, etc.) and get a humane trap for a few quid.

3. Set trap where you think it goes (the mouse).

4. Catch mouse.

NB. Do NOT release it in the garden, get it a good few miles away.

5. Reset trap as there is rarely only one.

6. Harden the f*** up again and stop being such a poof, it's only a mouse for pity's sake.

You have not been charged for this information

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Do not buy a trap like this though...

angle_trap.jpg

It's SHITHOUSE and even the slightest knock will set it off before the mouse gets in

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1. Stop being such a poof

2. Get yourself down to the local hardware shop (Robert Dyas, etc.) and get a humane trap for a few quid.

3. Set trap where you think it goes (the mouse).

4. Catch mouse.

NB. Do NOT release it in the garden, get it a good few miles away.

5. Reset trap as there is rarely only one.

6. Harden the f*** up again and stop being such a poof, it's only a mouse for pity's sake.

You have not been charged for this information

I'm not scared of it, I get pissed off if my sleep is disturbed, when it did that it stepped over the line

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
robert dyas have some sonic things that drive pesky mices away, apparantly.. humame or normal traps didnt work, for me.

also get some rat poison - RD may have this, or from Ransoms in Ann St - close to the new Sainsburys.. sprinkle the pellets around areas you have seem them, or in dark/damp areas, and along edges of floors.

i found one (dead) a day later, and gave it a decent burial in a nearby cat..

be sure to thoroughly clean any areas the pellets have been.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Play a cd of world music, a segment of tonal culture representing each nation that you believe a mouse could come from played in a high-pitched harmony this rodential urinator would be force to reveal him/herself to. National anthems work too. The mouse is a very pridey beast and can be seen marching prudently, it's 4 shoulders rigid and unbendable; out from the behind the skirting board you have kept meaning to clean these last couple of months struts a 4-inch marauder giving you the eye, daring you to snigger or cuddle a loved as his theme continues. You'd like to offer him reason or pigeon-step slyly toward him knowing he'll be squeezed if he daren't move due to the disgrace his homestead would feel of him, but there's something you can read in his wispy, whiskered, whitebread face, perhaps a toast to brutality you'd taste in your stomach if he bored his way through your favourite shirt and limp skin to snuggle aggressively with your divorced bowels.
Be careful, US.
Pay the little terror some respect and coo him/her out with warm-heartedness and the promise of some delicious dinners in the coming weeks. or just don't watch Eastenders again. Ding dong ding dong ding dang dong could be the most homely and invitational tune it knows.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Humane traps? - bollocks- the only thing that keeps them in check is a (lethal) electric trap like a Rat Zapper. This does the business without splattering their brains across your kitchen floor which you invariably tread in the next morning.

My personal mouse murdering machine is getting plenty of custom at present - must be the time of year they come inside, the little darlings....

& yes they shit & piss everywhere they go so not too good to let them in your domicile - goodness me I seem to have got worked up about this subject, must be because I have just had to fire someone at work...:rant:

p.s. Have to say the sonic thingies don't work in my experience....

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Humane traps? - bollocks- the only thing that keeps them in check is a (lethal) electric trap like a Rat Zapper. This does the business without splattering their brains across your kitchen floor which you invariably tread in the next morning.

My personal mouse murdering machine is getting plenty of custom at present - must be the time of year they come inside, the little darlings....

& yes they shit & piss everywhere they go so not too good to let them in your domicile - goodness me I seem to have got worked up about this subject, must be because I have just had to fire someone at work...:rant:

p.s. Have to say the sonic thingies don't work in my experience....

yes it can't be healthy to have this thing doing its business around my bed

Right, now I am just coming down from my furious search for one of these little bastards in my living room. I will add that I have experienced a LOT of trouble with them, and I now hate them with a vengeance. I set out 'sticky traps' for a while, in one residence, and used to free the feckers in a field a mile away.
After doing this 22 times, I had enough, and suspected they were only coming back 'home', to nice bags of dog food in the pantry, and whatever else they could get into under the house floor beams.

I laid out poison traps eventually, but when they die....they stink the house down and you can't find their shitty little rotting bodies.

Solution, and only good solution - little nipper, classic mousetraps.
They like chocolate. Keep baiting, as they don't come without a family, and they breed fast. (and mind your fingers when you set the traps)

They come in about now, because it's getting cold out there - and the food sources become difficult for them as well.

KILL!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Sounds like a RAT, not a mouse, Mr S. And a big bastard, too.

I had a huge fucker living in my house when I was in Portsmouth, its body must have been a good eight or nine inches long, before you even started to add on the tail. Nasty sod, caught it on the grill pan one morning, chomping away at the fatty bits left behind from the previous evening's pork chop.

It weed in the toaster, munched its way through entire loaves of bread, but we just couldn't catch the bastard for love nor money. It was too fast. Eventually, about two weeks later, it had tired from all the rat poison we'd left lying around, and we clobbered it over the head with a banister. Joy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here