Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have a DILEMMA I need to share...

Leeds to win in case Palace SPAWN it ?

• Yes,I see and recognise RISK here Easy.Perhaps it’s a case of ‘taking one for the stadium’

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Don’t be a WHELK Easy. We’ll smash those northern binners AND the thieving Croydon looters anyway

Votes: 63 82.9%
  • Err…this hadn’t properly occurred to me yet. Can I have a minute ?

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We're bloody brilliant. This has been proved beyond question, but this is football. Freakish things happen. Portsmouth make 2 Cup Finals in recent years. Arsenal concede 8. Murray stirs from his sickbed despite him still having several years to run on his contract. WEIRD stuff happens in this game. The next two League games at the Amex are:

Leeds
Palace

The question I am asking you is...would you accomodate a Leeds defeat in order to swerve the (ridiculous) prospect of Crystal Palace claiming an unliklely, flukey victory ,and therefore FOREVER holding over us a pointless, shitty little "lame to fame" of being the first team EVER to claim 3 points at our now legendary arena ?

I know its almost CERTAIN not to happen, but then again, you never quite know. It would be the small silver lining for me on the night if Leeds have turned us over (not that I'd be cock-a-hoop at that either, obviously). But the other alternative would, I think, be much worse.

So what says ye ?

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We're bloody brilliant. This has been proved beyond question, but this is football. Freakish things happen. Portsmouth make 2 Cup Finals in recent years. Arsenal concede 8. Murray stirs from his sickbed despite him still having several years to run on his contract. WEIRD stuff happens in this game. The next two League games at the Amex are:

Leeds
Palace

The question I am asking you is...would you accomodate a Leeds defeat in order to swerve the (ridiculous) prospect of Crystal Palace claiming an unliklely, flukey victory ,and therefore FOREVER holding over us a pointless, shitty little "lame to fame" of being the first team EVER to claim 3 points at our now legendary arena ?

I know its almost CERTAIN not to happen, but then again, you never quite know. It would be the small silver lining for me on the night if Leeds have turned us over (not that I'd be cock-a-hoop at tha either, obviously). But the other alternative would, I think, be much worse.

We Easy have no control over such things but the great man Gus does. So fret not you young fretful person because I am positive that we will do them both, Palace by at least 3 goals. I will not even entertain that sordid mob from SE London getting so much as a point at our place so chill.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We Easy have no control over such things but the great man Gus does. So fret not you young fretful person because I am positive that we will do them both, Palace by at least 3 goals. I will not even entertain that sordid mob from SE London getting so much as a point at our place so chill.

I find succour at your ample breast, and guzzle deeply from your erect nipple of calm assuredness. Thank you.

Thank you.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
can't wait for both games but i can see us drawing with Leeds then Losing to Palace which would be very, very, very shit.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I must admit I'm genuinely starting to worry about this fixture now. I mean we're obviously a MUCH better team than Palace but as you say, strange things do happen in football, and we can't go unbeaten forever.

It would be HORRIBLE, truly, for them to take the spoils. I am going to be TENSE every day between now and the day of the game.

Bugger

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
....the first team EVER to claim 3 points at our now legendary arena ?

Do we not already hold that distinction? :wink:

Panic not sir, trust in Gus, some people will inevitably claim points off us this season, but they are merely crumbs from our table. We are enjoying the full banquet, and will continue to do so while Bloom and Gus are at this great club of ours.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do we not already hold that distinction? :wink:

Panic not sir, trust in Gus, some people will inevitably claim points off us this season, but they are merely crumbs from our table. We are enjoying the full banquet, and will continue to do so while Bloom and Gus are at this great club of ours.

Of this I have no doubt.

But I'm not sure I could handle the prospect of that mob from Shoplifting Central being the first team annointed to leave our fabulous arena resplendant with three points. WHATEVER else happens this season, they would hold that over us forever.

If we are still unbeaten at home in the league by then, I am going to be CACKING it. I'm sorry, but thats juts me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We will have far more choices soon with Buckley and Hoskins back and hopefully a more match fit Lua Lua so fret ye not.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Truth be known, I'd have LOVED the home game with the pyromanic thieving looters to have been some time next year, so as to have probably denied them the chance of that first Amex defeat before they pitch up in their gypsy trailors in Preston Park for the week. They COULD still fluke it. Dodgy ref, outrageous offside, deflection off an asteroid, I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN.

If Leeds win I'll be gutted. But I'll be a tinsy bit relieved as well. There, I said it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Of this I have no doubt.

But I'm not sure I could handle the prospect of that mob from Shoplifting Central being the first team annointed to leave our fabulous arena resplendant with three points. WHATEVER else happens this season, they would hold that over us forever.

If we are still unbeaten at home in the league by then, I am going to be CACKING it. I'm sorry, but thats juts me.

You`re working yourself up into a state now young man. Palace will leave The Amex with nothing, zilch, zero, not a sausage......f*** ALL.
As if Gus would ever let that happen. Now pour yourself that drink, sit back, relax and think nice thoughts.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe I've been spending too long on BBS.

They've INFECTED me with their delusuions, thats what they've done.

*fretting*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here