Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have 2 'small' requests of our club for this time next week please......

Like SASTA could arrange that :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Easy. They can dramatically reduce the capacity of the trains running out of London during the evening peak. After all, the passengers using those trains are captive season ticket holders who will not desert the service, even though they pay thousands of pounds a year to travel.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There's some thundercunt in front of me who's reason d'etre is to do this. That's the only noise he makes. Slaps his programme on his free hand and stands there with a huge grin on his face.

Sometimes he doesn't even get up when we score.

Maybe he's doing a thesis on population mobility?!

He's only there for the away attendance figures.

Maybe it's his hobby :lolol:

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Why would winning our second to last game and still needing a point to go up away from home, and if we didn't then still needing the pitch for the play offs be more fit for a pitch invasion than winning the play-off semi finals and qualifying for a trip to Wembley in the last game at the Amex that season?

If we go through on Monday there will be s pitch invasion, just like there was last time we won the play off semis. Didn't do us any harm then.

Hence my statement saying 'had things worked out more favourably' ..... i.e - securing promotion that day

Pitch invasion without securing promotion or a last day relegation suvival is all a bit...: Reading FC

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
100% agree. Completely cringeworthy

It's a sad but true fact that the majority of the crowd don't know the words. Putting the words up on the screen is helping to remedy that and each week the response is slowly but surely getting better. There will be lots of youngsters who have now learnt the words and many adults who could previously only der-de-der and who are starting to joining in. At some point in the future the words can be dropped but we're not there yet. Having suffered der-de-ders or silence from most around me for too many years I applaud the club's initiative. Cardiff City put the words to Men of Harlech on the screen before their games and the fans really belt it out now.

Whilst the words are being displayed, if you are one of those few insecure or overly sensitive types then why don't you avoid any crushing embarrassment by cringing quietly in the toilets?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Maybe the club can send the words out to all STH's via email or post for them to learn at home.

Putting words on the screen is beyond embarassing. Seriously

I was at the Derby playoff second leg game.

They have been putting the words of their song on the screens for a long time. If you were there then you'll know that it eventually pays off-it felt like every Derby fan in the stadium was joining in and it was bloody loud.

Wembley (old) used to hand out printed song sheets for the 'community singing' before games. Abide with me, John Brown's Body, etc., etc., were all on it.

We needed to start somewhere and not everybody knows the words-the screen makes it easy for newcomers to join in.

There is nothing embarrassing or tinpot about putting the words to our county's anthem on the screen for all to see. Far more embarrassing to have endless der der ders rather than the real words.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
I was at the Derby playoff second leg game.

They have been putting the words of their song on the screens for a long time. If you were there then you'll know that it eventually pays off-it felt like every Derby fan in the stadium was joining in and it was bloody loud.

Wembley (old) used to hand out printed song sheets for the 'community singing' before games. Abide with me, John Brown's Body, etc., etc., were all on it.

We needed to start somewhere and not everybody knows the words-the screen makes it easy for newcomers to join in.

There is nothing embarrassing or tinpot about putting the words to our county's anthem on the screen for all to see. Far more embarrassing to have endless der der ders rather than the real words.

Yep i was at derby. Amazing atmosphere. Again home 'singing' stand right next to away end.

Each to their own on the words on screen

biddles911

May 12, 2014
It's a sad but true fact that the majority of the crowd don't know the words. Putting the words up on the screen is helping to remedy that and each week the response is slowly but surely getting better. There will be lots of youngsters who have now learnt the words and many adults who could previously only der-de-der and who are starting to joining in. At some point in the future the words can be dropped but we're not there yet. Having suffered der-de-ders or silence from most around me for too many years I applaud the club's initiative. Cardiff City put the words to Men of Harlech on the screen before their games and the fans really belt it out now.

Whilst the words are being displayed, if you are one of those few insecure or overly sensitive types then why don't you avoid any crushing embarrassment by cringing quietly in the toilets?

Personally (though I may be in the minority?), I don't sing it because I think it's a pretty rubbish song and the words don't really scan with the tune, making it quite difficult to sing anyway....

Sorry.....! Cue hate mail?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Personally (though I may be in the minority?), I don't sing it because I think it's a pretty rubbish song and the words don't really scan with the tune, making it quite difficult to sing anyway....

No hate mail, but seriously? This is utter nonsense.

The words only fail to 'scan with the tune' if you've got the wrong tune - i.e. way too fast.

The words are important. Are special. Are OURS.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

No hate mail from me. But that is a very odd viewpoint.

The words are very stirring, they have true meaning behind them, its our anthem, it scans perfectly with the tune, and I am very proud of it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Have you been supporting the Albion for long?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No hate mail, but seriously? This is utter nonsense.

The words only fail to 'scan with the tune' if you've got the wrong tune - i.e. way too fast.

The words are important. Are special. Are OURS.

No hate mail from me. But that is a very odd viewpoint.

The words are very stirring, they have true meaning behind them, its our anthem, it scans perfectly with the tune, and I am very proud of it.

I don't get this aversion to our County Anthem being there for all at The Amex to see. Especially visiting fans who can see that we haven't simply joined the herd and have used some sixties or current pop song. Palace have chosen The Tottenham Sound as 'their song'. THAT is embarrassing. Sussex by the Sea isn't and we need everybody singing the REAL words at the correct speed.

Be Proud and f*cking well join in-with the correct words please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here