Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I ******* hate wasps

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just got called out for work, so go into spare room/office and boot up my pc and within seconds I've been viciously attacked by a wasp and stung just behind the ear. f***ing little bastard. It's dead now.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Someone i know has just been off work because he was stung by a hornet.His face was really swollen for a few days.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I have wasps nesting in my garden wall,so,sadly,I cannot mow the lawn for fear of disturbing these social,useful and friendly insects.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I have wasps nesting in my garden wall,so,sadly,I cannot mow the lawn for fear of disturbing these social,useful and friendly insects.

I was lucky enough to have a wasps nest in my shed - you can buy a poison to kill them. I dressed up with jeans, balaclava, thick winter coat and entered the shed and spread the poison (it was about 80 degrees and I was sweating like a pig). They then proceded to chase me down my garden. Did the trick though.

Next year I had bees (they nest in long grass) - wasn't allowed to kill them though.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was thinking same yesterday. Day off, cousin down from Bath so we all went to the Tiger Inn near Beachy Head for lunch. Harvey's on tap, great food and setting amongst the downs, true SBTS and all going well till one of the little nippers comes back stung from playing on the green. Odd one buzzing round your head especially while eating is to be expected but from this point on they were public enemy number one. Serve no purpose (at least bees give honey and die if dare to sting) and apparently going to be lots this summer as been perfect weather. Cousin said their news had a wasp nest found as big as a mini and when he said it was in Sussex, I knew we are going to be in for it next month or so of BBQ season.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't understand people's hatred for wasps. If you leave them alone and don't flap around like an eejit trying to escape or kill them, then they seem to leave you alone. Or is that just me :shrug:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
We had 2 wasps nest removed from our house last year (one in the roof and one above our back door) but found a third in our compost bin at the bottom of the garden but let them die out with the onset of winter. The little ****** managed to sting me twice before the wasp removal man arrived.

This year our next door neighbours house seams to be the new wasp nest site, so in came pest control man and he removed 2 from them last week.

I also wish to join any club that hates wasps! They do nothing but sting people, unlike our nice bumble bees that are welcome in our garden any time!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
wasp.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If you leave them alone and don't flap around like an eejit trying to escape or kill them, then they seem to leave you alone.

Balderdash. The one that got me this morning was in an entirely unprovoked and quite unnecessary assault. I walked into the room, half asleep, sat down at my PC, switched it on, and POW! the little fucker had got me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've been stung by the bastards a few times now, it seems to hurt less each time. I guess your body builds up some level of tolerance each time.

Yoda

English & European
Hate the f@&£ers too. Stung as a kid in an unprovoked attack and have had a slight phobia since.
Wasp's are naturally aggressive, where as the bee and, believe it or not, European hornet are not.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
i was going to start a thread about bumblebee euthnasia.

i saw one the other day, in the dirt, looking all sad.

should i have put it out of it's misery?

I was wondering the same thing a couple of days ago about a wasp I saw stumbling around in circles very slowly on the floor at work, obviously very close to the end of its allotted time.

I let it die naturally in the end but did wonder whether it would have been kinder to put it out of its misery? Do they know what's going on when they get to that stage I wonder?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I have a ridiculous phobia of wasps. Never been stung, but literally flap like a girl when I see one.

Withdean at this time of the year isn't much fun....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here