Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate that bloody accent, you get me?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Watching sky news and listening to those fuc4-tards is enough to put anyone off watching t.v again.The attitude these inbreds have is unreal and yes the ganster rapping stuff is a major reason why we have so many problems with these young black twats.

I can't believe some of these rapping songs are allowed,guns,rape,drugs etc etc it just beggers belief.

What are the songs about rape you refer to?

It was better in the good old days though- there weren't any songs about drugs in the 60s.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Figured it was biblical, but didnt realise it was a direct steal haha... but the whole song is well written....some of the shit coming out in reggae these days is scandalous...and as Rodigan says...who took the music out of reggae.....
seems to be leaning towards an almagamation with rap/hip hop

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
What are the songs about rape you refer to?

It was better in the good old days though- there weren't any songs about drugs in the 60s.

There is a difference - drugs are self-harm while rape is a gross violation of another person. Interestingly, in Switzerland the police let druggies get off their heads as long as they dont bother anyone else. Any action threatening someone else or civil order is quickly delat with.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
There is a difference - drugs are self-harm while rape is a gross violation of another person. Interestingly, in Switzerland the police let druggies get off their heads as long as they dont bother anyone else. Any action threatening someone else or civil order is quickly delat with.

Yeah, but what songs glorify rape? I think Sir Albion's comments were ignorant at best.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Reggae was never played on radio because of marijuana references..... how hip/hop tunes get by these days shows the world has changed.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Those convicted should be forced to set and watch old Ally G reruns but somehow the irony would probably be lost on them. Living in the US very close to some of THE most impoverished areas in this odd country, I can honestly say that what I've seen and heard from the UK this week is terrifyingly similar to the very worst of the US. The ludicrous hardman slang, f u attitude and disregard for their own and others well being.

If Cameron wants a crystal ball into the future of Inner City Britain, he can take an hour visit around West, North Philadelphia and Camden NJ. No jobs, ignorant parents, poor role models (sports, rap), low self esteem, easy access to drugs, a rampant consumerist culture, no fear of the criminal justice system, an overarching victim mentality and no alternative organized outlet for success (boys clubs etc) and unfortunately you find yourself stuck in a huge collective ditch. I am sadly convinced that this is a multi generational spiral with no positive outcome. The only way to thin the herd is a big old fashioned war where these oiks are conscripted into the military.

Parts of Western Society have taken a pause on our evolutionary journey . When TV arrived we stopped talking to one another, when VCRs arrived we stopped going out, when PC's arrived we stopped writing letters and when XBox arrived we stopped parenting altogether.

More importantly, let's hope we can come away with 3 points from Fratton Park tomorrow.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Some gangsters are so unganster it hurts.

S9Ku6.jpg

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
On a serious note. Aren't people just a product of their environment. Inner city youths will probably speak a mix of watered down Jamaican patios, American rap slang ( not sure what language that is exactly :lol: ) and the old and evolving colloquialisms of whatever region they're from. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with colour in those areas anymore. Those not living in urban areas will pick it up from music and TV no doubt. Here's an example of a white Nigerian speaking pidgin for instance - it's completely natural as he grew up in Nigeria.

[yt]ONS8yDx4C3I[/yt]

How many English people now end their sentences on the up as if it's a question ? Too much Neighbours and Home & Away no doubt and now it's caught on and here to stay. The list is endless.

Deal with it ! :lol:

I dont care how they came about their accent ( which is just a form of mimicry ). These people are ignorant shitmunchers. They have wall to wall exposure to mainstream accents wherever they live in this country ( unless they never watch TV, listen to radio or ever leave their own little shithole ). They choose to speak like this in part to exclude others and moronically think they have some form of group culture. If I were god id f***ing cut all their heads off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Watching sky news and listening to those fuc4-tards is enough to put anyone off watching t.v again.
That reminds me, that shit sky news reporter Kay Burley was interviewing a couple of black guys about the riots, and she closed the interview with 'Respect for your mum yeah?'. Stupid bitch, trying to be down with the kids. I expect that sort of comment from Doctor Fox, not a bloody news presenter.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Yes, I find it really depressing too. Language can be an enabler to expand the mind and consciousness. This street talk seems designed to do the exact opposite, with inevitable results. It seems some young people, copying the rap artists, actually glory in being ignorant, uncivilised and destructive. What a culture! In my day, at least punk (and before it hippies) had some sort of message underpinning it; this just seems totally regressive.

Totally agree. Couldn't have put it better.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
This is quite a good read from Stephen Fry: Stephen Fry takes on the language pedants - The Globe and Mail

Quick extract: He wants no part in the campaigns against correct apostrophes in signage, or the use of “less” and “fewer” in newspapers: “Yes, I am aware of the technical distinction between less and fewer and uninterested and disinterested and infer and imply and all the rest of them but none of these are of importance to me.”

The use of the plural verb “are” with the singular subject “none” is, he stresses, deliberate – a proud, mature shedding of his former pedantic identity. He is all in favour of “action” as a verb (“He actioned it at the meeting”), since nouns have been verbed since Shakespeare and before. People find “to action” ugly only because it is new.

Of people who insist on conventional grammar, he asks: “But do they bubble and froth and slobber and cream with joy at language? Do they ever let the tripping of their tongues against the tops of their teeth transport them to giddy euphoric bliss?” (He refrains from asking if they ever crib shamelessly from the opening of Lolita.)

Fry has been accused of being disingenuous, because of course it is rare for speakers to be so virtuosic and ludic with language without first knowing the rules they dismiss. Fry's own grammar and punctuation are utterly conventional (even his accent is Received Pronunciation, a.k.a. the Queen’s English). Still, he is right about most of the silly obsessions he uses as examples: disinterested has come to mean uninterested, and there is no longer any lack of clarity in its use. Nobody misunderstands when you say “less” instead of “fewer”. (I would bet an elbow, however, that he himself would never use these words in their more recent senses.)

But I don't understand why he thinks one can't be punctilious in punctuation and poetic in polemics at the same time. After all, he is.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I blame the "gangster" member of 5 (th boyband that did everybody get up singing 1-2-3-4 five will get you down now etc)
cant remember his name but he spoke like ali G....what a tit!!

Oct 2, 2008
Maybe its an age thing but the word that really bugs me is "like" as in "I`m like.... " "He`s like.....". I am told it means "said". If so , why not say so. English obviously a second language for lots of our yoof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here