Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate Southampton more than I hate Palace...

???

• Total voters

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I don't hate either of them tbh

Totally agree, "hate" is a ridiculous word to describe what is simply healthy competition and rivalry between clubs in what is supposed to be a Sport.
Get over yourself ... :facepalm:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
I suggest you f*** OFF now and support Pompey, because they dont like Southampton either.

Last nite was the most I had cheered a football game on the tele for a long time (when it hasnt been the Albion).
Then I suggest you get out more! Not sure how polite it is to tell someone to "f*** OFF" because they asked a question and expressed an opinion!

He's of an age that has seen nothing of palace. Saints are far more current if you're 22 and been watching The Albion for 5 years.

Brian Riggs

Aug 7, 2009
I'm 47 and HATE Palace with a passion. Simple as that.

Other "temporary" rivalries come and go over the years (Southampton, Reading, Orient for example), but we only have one rival as far as I'm concerned - that bunch from the wrong end of the A23.

Bring on the 31st!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Palace are our rivals, but my disdain for Southampton seems to be constantly growing. Can't stand Adkins and can't stand their fans

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
I Am surrounded by stains everywhere I go. They are some of the most annoying fans as they are all arrogant plastics (eg/ they have been once this season and it was southampton v west ham). Always funny to see them lose, but I probably hate palace more :)

Edit: my dislike for southampton has definitely gone up since I've lived here and what happened last season.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Last nite was the most I had cheered a football game on the tele for a long time (when it hasnt been the Albion).

I was necking can after can of Guinness while watching, such was my fear of Palace getting to the cup final and the need to numb my self to such a possibility. By the end of the match I was sober - I think the fear negated the effects of the alcohol. Pathetic really, but the Palace thing runs deep at this end.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I'm 17, one side of my family are Brighton fans, the other a mix of Chelsea and Fulham. When I was 6, I had the choice of Brighton or Chelsea. Mum offered me a Brighton season ticket. Withdean, Lee Steele v Port Vale and the likes. My dad offered me a Chelsea ST. Zola (and some Poyet bloke) v Man.U at Stamford Bridge. For whatever reasons I chose Brighton. My ma sat me down and set out the rules of supporting Brighton.

- Don't boo your own players.
- Don't leave early.
- Never visit the Goldstone retail park or any of the chains that have a shop there
- HATE P*lace

They're the rules I've had growing up watching Football. This will be my 5th P*lace game, my 3rd trip to Selhurst Park. I was at the 5-0, I was there when Mcshane scored. I can't get any Brighton fan hating anybody more than they hate the Pikeys from up the road (unless of course, you live in Pompey or W/E) Hell, if I play as Barca on FIFA I'll wear their away kit. I won't wear any red and blue together. I still f*cking hate Andy Johnson. I flip the bird where going past SP on the train. I celebrated when Parr missed his penalty. I can not wait for Tuesday.

I'm a Brighton fan, I hate P*lace.
You're a Brighton fan, you should hate P*lace

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
stupid thread,if you support the Albion this should never be considered.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I'm 20 and my first Brighton/Scum game was the 27th. Made me hate them more. *****.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Totally understand why the OP feel that way. But at 43, for me it will always be Palace for me. But I agree with the posters who say hate is too strong a word. It's a rivalry and as such, nothing more than banter shout occur.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
This is interesting one. I really really want Palace to lose every game they play and I do enjoy the rivalry we have. But I wish there wasnt their vitriol and hatred between some of us and some of them. Banter is fine but hate is a strong word.

As for Saints, I feel this will be another fleeting rivalry like Reading but it does make me smile when they lose but not more than Palace.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I think people are missing the point. I'm not saying i don't hate Palace, I do. And to all the people questioning my support for the Albion and saying i'm a JCL (factually incorrect) what i would like to know is in stoppage time of the home game versus Palace where was everyone? I sit in the North Stand block B and it was atleast 60% empty. So where were all the palace haters then? I was still supporting Brighton. I NEVER leave games early, go to away games, cup games, reserve games the lot. People questioning my support because i have more hatred for Southampton are wasting their time.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
hate is wrong word. But in this order I dislike:

Palace
Southampton
Reading
Portsmouth
Norwich

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I think people are missing the point. I'm not saying i don't hate Palace, I do. And to all the people questioning my support for the Albion and saying i'm a JCL (factually incorrect) what i would like to know is in stoppage time of the home game versus Palace where was everyone? I sit in the North Stand block B and it was atleast 60% empty. So where were all the palace haters then? I was still supporting Brighton. I NEVER leave games early, go to away games, cup games, reserve games the lot. People questioning my support because i have more hatred for Southampton are wasting their time.

dont start all that again.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here