Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate Southampton more than I hate Palace...

???

• Total voters

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Am I the only one? ???

Firstly, I'm not a JCL, this is my 5th year as a season ticket holder. I'm 22 now, and unfortunately had no Albion supporting family members to get me going to games before i got a job to afford it and had my own transport.

So i've only seen Brighton play Palace once, and we all know what happened then.

Don't get me wrong... I love it when Palace lose... but more so when Southampton do.

So i just wanted some other peoples opinions really? To see if i'm the only one... :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hate Pompey more than Palace, probably for similar reasons as your dislike for the Stains. Plenty of Albion fans dislike Orient and Reading in a similar vein.

But ultimately, unrequited rivalries are no fun. Southampton and Portsmouth hate each other, and for both clubs, we merely pass the time. And it is exactly the same the other way round.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't hate either of them tbh

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's understandable given that you haven't seen us play Palace apart from that awful night in September. I wouldn't worry about it.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Didn't really hate Palace before this season, but the behaviour of their animals at Brighton station this year, and some of the deluded gloating palace goons we get on this board has made me see the light.

Portsmouth were always the side I considered as the real rivals.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't hate either of them tbh

agreed hate is a strong word....dislike would be more appropriate...and tbh i dislike saints more..but will be happier next week when we beat palace than i was when we beat saints...hmmm...

PS and i was at that challis game

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I hate Pompey more than Palace, probably for similar reasons as your dislike for the Stains.

Me too...

But hating Southampton is a transitory thing, probably to do with their smarmbucket of a manager. Once he's gone, the OP will hopefully be back to feelings of indiffererence towards the St Mary's mob.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Maybe it's just this man's face that gives me the rage! :lol:

Attachments

• 8362449.jpg
    8362449.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 68

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Me too...

But hating Southampton is a transitory thing, probably to do with their smarmbucket of a manager. Once he's gone, the OP will hopefully be back to feelings of indiffererence towards the St Mary's mob.

This. I always had a soft spot for Southampton when they were in the Premiership playing at the Dingly, although I still took pleasure in taking the piss out of redneb when they lost.

I retain a disdain for pompey, they are unpleasant.

palace though, are awfully fithy. The stench! Come on now, how can anyone stand it.

Saints? A bit like a wet cardboard box - pretends to be useful, has been put together into a shape but you just know it won't stay together or hold any weight.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's no contest, of course it's Palace. However, the Southampton bubble well and truly bursting is an amusing added bonus.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did this poll about 2 weeks ago.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I suggest you f*** OFF now and support Pompey, because they dont like Southampton either.

Last nite was the most I had cheered a football game on the tele for a long time (when it hasnt been the Albion).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here