dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Clear off then.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
For someone who has been a "through thick and thin" Albion fan that is quite a statement Storer68. Is this what it is coming to? Comon, keep the faith, we'll be in our lovely new stadium in 2 years.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You missed an entertaining, lower league football match. We enjoyed it. Thanks for paying money to support my club - feel free to keep doing so in the future.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
You are a legend sir, why give up now? We're nearly at the finishing line. It's like dumping your abusive wife five years after she last pelted you with the iron.

At the very least you could sell me your tickets for a tenner a pop :)

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Problem

The problem with the attitude of three of the replies (and others on this site) is that we have a dwindling band of supporters and you are hostile and dismissive of anyone who isnt 100% loyal to whatever crap is dished up by the club.

I am not often to moved to write but you are idiots. Some people - and I know many - used to go every match as recently as last season and cannot now be motivated to go. This is a serious problem. In the past these people would have been angry - now they have lost interest. This suggests something is wrong with the football and /or the way the club is run. Ask why people are turning away?

Ignore it and dismiss it at your peril - or you few who dismiss anyone with a different view will be sitting on your own watching conference football in a crowd of 1500. I, for one, do not want that and will still speak up (for now - soon maybe I will give up too.)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There were 9000 tickets sold for the last home game, and 6000 for this one (at full prices) with very few visiting fans. (which is pretty much how it has been for all of the Withdean years).

The football was decent, honest, lower league fair... on this occasion, with 5 goals and a tight finish.

Unless Falmer blows up in our faces, and it doesn't look like that will be the case, I will keep on being an 'idiot' and enjoying it, thank you very much, and look forward to improved facilities and hopefully greater financial stability in the future.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The problem with the attitude of three of the replies (and others on this site) is that we have a dwindling band of supporters and you are hostile and dismissive of anyone who isnt 100% loyal to whatever crap is dished up by the club.

I am not often to moved to write but you are idiots. Some people - and I know many - used to go every match as recently as last season and cannot now be motivated to go. This is a serious problem. In the past these people would have been angry - now they have lost interest. This suggests something is wrong with the football and /or the way the club is run. Ask why people are turning away?

Ignore it and dismiss it at your peril - or you few who dismiss anyone with a different view will be sitting on your own watching conference football in a crowd of 1500. I, for one, do not want that and will still speak up (for now - soon maybe I will give up too.)

Best post I,ve read.......and so very true.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

Absolutely spot on :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Sums it up as many feel this way

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and if we get a decent cup draw in the 4th round - assuming the faithful few can cheer the team to victory on Saturday... they will all crawl out of the woodwork as life-long Albion fans who deserve tickets...

Plus ca change.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
and if we get a decent cup draw in the 4th round - assuming the faithful few can cheer the team to victory on Saturday... they will all crawl out of the woodwork as life-long Albion fans who deserve tickets...

Plus ca change.

Yes....just like they did at Cardiff and White Hart Lane.

Not there now though, are they....?

Fat lot of good that will do for the club......once every two years...!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
6000 were there (at full prices) with very few visiting fans (which is pretty much how it has been for all of the Withdean years).

Why so grumpy ?

For someone who has been a "through thick and thin" Albion fan that is quite a statement Storer68. Is this what it is coming to? Comon, keep the faith, we'll be in our lovely new stadium in 2 years.

Sorry Phil but I am right at the end of my tether with the club. And I really didn't miss it yesterday. BHAFC don't appreciate the fans anymore, we are going back to the bad old days when the club was seperate from the fans. The board don't appear to be listening to us who are voting woth our feet.

I don't thnk we will be anywhere near Falmer in ten years let alone two I am not convinced that the money is there. The club looks broke to me. we haven't got two brass farthings to rub together. I shall be astonished if anyone comes in duing the transfer window. Nothing is seen to be happening on the stadium front, we are unable to get players to commit to this club (even the crap quality of Savage who preferes to go shopping that play for us) unless they have been part of Wilkins youth team and are one of his favourites.

The team is IMHO not worth shelling out £2 to watch for let alone what we are being changed. When I sea player like Gatting returning from an undistnguished loan period after failing tio impress at a Cononference club and going straight back on the bench for a must win game, then I suspect something is deeply wrong at this club.

Hammond will be off during January as we have cash in on him while he can still get a fee as he will be out of contractin the summer and can move on a free........

Last edited:

Yes....just like they did at Cardiff and White Hart Lane.

Not there now though, are they....?

Fat lot of good that will do for the club......once every two years...!

the faithful few will NOT het tockets, like they did at Tottenham and WestAm

larus

I went yesterday. I spoke to the guy that I've been sitting next to for the last 3 - 4 seasons as we're both season ticket holders. We hadn't seen each other at a game since about September.

We commented on this, and then I explained that I'd been busy decorating and he'd had some family things and been ill a couple of time, but we both said that we could have made more games if we'd had more enthusiasm.

This seemsto be a common view. Now,
is this just something affecting a few of us;
is it something you go through after going to every home game for many years;
are we getting disillusioned with what we are watching every week;
are we getting fed up with the lack of signings and the stories of who we've missed out on.

Also, I know that Withdean is fairly quiet, but yesterday was so quiet it was like being in Church (not Charlotte, as I'm sure that would be a bit noisier).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Nothing is happening on the stadium front, we seem unable to get players to commit to this club (even the crap quality of Savage who preferes to go shopping that nlay for us) unless they have been part of Wilkins youth team and are one of his favourites.

Kuipers, Whing, Butters, Reid, Revell, Forster...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here