Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I got this from the NIMBYs yesterday.....

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lord Bracknell said:
Inquiry Inspectors aren't stupid enough to allow a first impression to determine the last word.

This Inspector will already have made an informal visit to Falmer on his own (they do that sort of thing). He'll have reams of information available to him, in the form of traffic counts and consultants' reports, that will count for more.

And, anyway, what can you learn about the traffic effect of a football stadium on a street half a mile away by looking at conditions on a Tuesday morning? Match day parking will be heavily regulated (and prohibited in Falmer Village to spectators). Tuesday parking in Falmer South is currently unregulated.

My advice is to help the Inquiry do its job by not parking in Falmer Village. And not worry about it. They've got nine sites (including Falmer) to fit into this tour - and only one day to complete it.

I seem to recall us having some problems with inspectors who couldn't see past the end of their noses not so long ago though ???

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Rangdo said:
I seem to recall us having some problems with inspectors who couldn't see past the end of their noses not so long ago though ???

That's what I was thinking! If Hoile is anything to go by then I wouldn't offer the 'inspecters' too much credit!

Why are they looking at Falmer anyway? The site has been done to death! Our death!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I tell you what evn though it is easier for me to use the train, if we do get Falmer I for one will spend the entire first season 'not' parking there. And I certainly WOULDN'T park to block peoples drives either!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Lammy said:
That's what I was thinking! If Hoile is anything to go by then I wouldn't offer the 'inspecters' too much credit!

Why are they looking at Falmer anyway? The site has been done to death! Our death!

New Inspector so maybe he/she needs to compare to the other sites, afterall the whole point of this inquiry is to find if Falmer is the only possible site. So you have to look at Falmer to know what you're trying to find wrong/right with the other sites.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Kev the Ape said:
I aint took my driving lessons yet.
I think you'll find it's tooken.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lord Bracknell said:
This Inspector will already have made an informal visit to Falmer on his own (they do that sort of thing).

I hope for our sake that his informal visit didn't coincide with Kev & his Mum's trip, otherwise we're doooooommmmmed

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
gazwag said:
I hope for our sake that his informal visit didn't coincide with Kev & his Mum's trip, otherwise we're doooooommmmmed
Unless he assumes they're locals and he might just decide to get social services on the whole village.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lammy said:

The problem with Hoile was that he clearly wasn't up to speed on the latest government policies - which really is an occupational crime and misdemeanour. It's also almost certainly the reason why Prescott rejected his report.

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
maybe they just want to reseve some space for the inspectors!

Falmer NOW1

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Rangdo said:
I think you'll find it's tooken.
I thought it was taked

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Everest said:
I thought it was taked

I think either is acceptable in that context.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm sure the police have got better things to do than patrol one village, like catching motorists eating apples for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here