Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I gave Harley

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Usual shit like the people behind me.

This guy is cursed by all very unfairly in my view, like Barnes, and just picked on for no apparent reason.

So Barnes was a twat for equalising against Wrexham which part ensured the game today and Harley is awful despite probably one of the best goals so far the Amex.

I have a really good idea, perhaps the lot of you could just go and f***ing do one for once as you all talk bollox.
This. I genuinely heard some booing as Harley was brought on today, absolute joke.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Weird thing to read on here after a result like that. Really, really weird.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
OP is deluded.

Harley made one mistake and it wasn't because he dithered on the ball, it was because he was closed down by 3 players and no one else showed for the pass.

As for the bottling out of the tackle. I think it wasn't as clear a 50/50 as you think and he just stayed calm rather than launching himself into it.

Rest of the time he played well, linked players and was available for the ball. Plus his set pieces were good.

Give the guy a break.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
How the f*** can people read so much into a short substitute appearance? Some people just see what they want to see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He did well imo after losing the ball almost on his first touch and making me think he was going to be a liability. Credit where credit's due he did pretty well and he can take set pieces better than others in the team. He does have a very laconic style which can make him look like he doesn't care. I'm sure that's not the case though.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Oh look another Harley is shit thread, some of you really are Knuts

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
This thread is very harsh, once he settled he played some very nice stuff and worked very hard, I like the man and hope he is here to stay.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I was sat in the West Stand when that goal went in against Peterborough - WOW! And today I thought he did well, ESPECIALLY winning that free kick in the corner at the Newcastle end in the last couple of minutes. Keep the ball; you can't concede a goal if you have the ball. Why are we so quick to condemn?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a stupid, pointless, sad, bitter thread.

Yes you're entitled to voice your opinion blah blah, but we've just knocked one of the country's top teams out of the FA cup - can' t you enjoy the moment.

Harley came on as a sub, made one bad error when giving the ball away, but looked reasonably comfortable keeping the ball and finding a team-mate in the opposition half. He's certainly not impressed much yet but that does't mean he's a write off. Not only Gus but also Brendan Rodgers have seen enough in they guy to sign him. And I'm guessing, just guessing, they know more about football than you.
This.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
shall we let Gus decide?

I thought Harley had a decent game today. It cant be easy coming on as substitute against a top 6 Premier team when you've hardly played any decent football in months.

He looked composed on the ball, was annoyed with himself when he lost it and seemed to improve as the game went on. Let's get behind our players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here