Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I feel really bad.....

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011
and someone will get a job just in time for xmas to replace her.

i have had cause to make serious complaints about people before that has resulted in them losing jobs but i dont consider that to be my fault

tbh i dont even believe the story lol

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I wonder if the OP doesn't 'tip' when collecting winnings...there arn't many that regularly win hundreds but when they, and I when lucky enough, do they often leave the 'change' behind ie the £3 of a £103 win or £10 of a £510 win on the counter for the staff to get a couple of ice creams or beers...a few do not when they always tip their hairdresser, taxi, restaurant withiut blinking and scraping all the pennies away and maybe gloating does not endear them

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd have been outraged had she have called me a dickhead, I'd never darken their doors again.........unless they were offering the best price :wink:

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Thanks for your support HovaGirl and pseudonym. My conscience feels clearer now and I shouldn't feel bad about it.

I don't want to sound arrogant but they do pay me out quite a bit and maybe it's resentment handing over good sums of money when they expect mug punters all the time.

You shouldnt feel guilty about someone being so rude to their customers.
On another note, if they are paying you out a lot, me thinks someone should be sharing their tips with NSC betting sydicate

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Absolutely nothing. She'd been on her phone outside, came in and said to someone at the desk "When did that dickhead come in?" when I was studying the form. I was absolutely gobsmacked. As stated she's got previous. Apart from winning money quite regularly I have done nothing to annoy her. :shrug:
Brilliant:lolol::lolol:

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011
I know mate. The 'new' poster, Mr NFA, has a chip on his shoulder over something from about a year ago and has another account.

My other account southern_sid was deleted, have no chip on me shoulder.

just mucking about, chhhiiilllll wwwiiinnssssttooonnneeeee.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
.......about someone probably getting the sack. :down:

Yesterday in the bookies I was called a dickhead by a cashier for no reason whatsoever. I'm always polite in public and it upset me as I take insults to heart so I felt as though I had to say how I felt to the person working in there tonight. She said that things like that are said very frequently by her. Well, it just so happened that the area supervisor was in there tonight and there's been a number of complaints before and he was absolutely f***ing livid. He said this was the straw that broke the camel's back and disciplinary action will be taken. You don't bring your personal problems to work, I can't be rude to people in my job no matter how crap I feel and people are almost always very polite back.

I still feel guilt at landing someone in deep shit but this person hasn't learnt their lesson in the past obviously.

Anyone else got someone fired, either working with them or as a customer?

You have nothing to feel guilty about IMO mate, first rule of dealing with the public is being polite - if a person can't/won't do that then they shouldn't be dealing with Joe Public. Bad service/being rude to customers can lead to customers going elsewhere, something which area managers and the like take a very dim view of as it impacts on their figures/targets and ultimately can impact their pay/bonus structure. Disciplinary action doesn't necessarily mean this person will get the bullet it could be a case of formal warning followed by retraining to improve their customer handling skills. If you were the manager/owner of the shop would you want to know if your staff were being rude to your customers?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I work at a ladbrokes part time and if any of the staff called a customer a dickhead like that we'd be sacked on the spot, absolute SHOCKER of a thing to do. I mean don't get me wrong, once some bloke won £1210 once and usually with a win that big they give the people behind the counter a 5er each say, but the bloke picked it all up, didn't even say thank you and then went a bragged about it to some random old boy, we thought he was a massive dickhead, but we didn't say it behind the counter, we said it later on hahaha, never insult customers in any job, even if you want to, common sense FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here