Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I f***ing hate cup final day

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With the internationalisation of football hardly any players come from the teams they are playing for these days so why should the supporters??

I can fully understand why someone would want to support Chelsea or Man Utd instead of Brighton and if they do then that is their decision which should be respected.

Do you DELIBERATELY go around on here looking for arguments ? So many of your statements on here have me caught in two minds as to whether you really actually believe what you are saying, or whether you are instead are on a subtly crafted wind-up. This is a PRIME example !

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Do you DELIBERATELY go around on here looking for arguments ? So many of your statements on here have me caught in two minds as to whether you really actually believe what you are saying, or whether you are instead are on a subtly crafted wind-up. This is a PRIME example !

...but why should someone support their local sides when practically all identity to that town by the people who you are supporting i.e the people on the pitch don't have any identity to that town/city anyway??

Lets be honest if you want to see good football and enjoy success you wouldn't support Brighton would you??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
...but why should someone support their local sides when practically all identity to that town by the people who you are supporting i.e the people on the pitch don't have any identity to that town/city anyway??

Lets be honest if you want to see good football and enjoy success you wouldn't support Brighton would you??

YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN !

This is such a no-brainer argument its barely worth examining, but lets indulge. If your viewpoint was taken to its extreme, ie "no point supporting the local side because none of the players come from the town/county they are playing in", then the only teams left playing in the entire League would be the ones that Sky choose to regularly televise.

You are actually advocating brainwashing.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN !

This is such a no-brainer argument its barely worth examining, but lets indulge. If your viewpoint was taken to its extreme, ie "no point supporting the local side because none of the players come from the town/county they are playing in", then the only teams left playing in the entire League would be the ones that Sky choose to regularly televise.

You are actually advocating brainwashing.

No, I'm advocating freedom of choice, people being able to support who they want and whatever criteria they want. If someone from Brighton wants to support Chelsea then fair play, but I know they won't get nearly as much enjoyment from them despite the overwhelming success they will have, as I do from supporting a lesser side.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And they would fully deserve the DERISION they attract from real football fans who support their local team and actually bother to turn up to the games.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
And they would fully deserve the DERISION they attract from real football fans who support their local team and actually bother to turn up to the games.

Well perhaps living in a town with an established football club alread you see a different side of things. Living as I do in Lyme Regis, without a decent football league, or semi-professional team for that matter within 30 miles I don't begrudge the local people of supporting the Man Utd's and Chelsea's of this world, as most of them do. They want to see their team play regularly and the only way they are able to do this is by supporting one of the big four.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But its not "their team" any more than some brainwashed fully-merchanised gimp from South Korea who walks around in a Man U shirt.

I'm sorry, but you cannot form a bond with a team via a salavating Richard Keyes and "Super Sunday". Thats just not what its about. I have INFINATELY more respect for someone who actually travels regularly to watch their team (including if its one of the Big Four), or someone who maintains their support for a smaller club from afar, and doesn't simply support them because they are on TV every other week. Thats not support - its media brainwashing. I expect it of young kids, but adult football fans who maintain their tenuous "link" with Man U / Chelsea via a pub or a Sky subscription and a shirt from JJB should really grow up a bit and get a life.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
But its not "their team" any more than some brainwashed fully-merchanised gimp from South Korea who walks around in a Man U shirt.

I'm sorry, but you cannot form a bond with a team via a salavating Richard Keyes and "Super Sunday". Thats just not what its about. I have INFINATELY more respect for someone who actually travels regularly to watch their team (including if its one of the Big Four), or someone who maintains their support for a smaller club from afar, and doesn't simply support them because they are on TV every other week. Thats not support - its media brainwashing. I expect it of young kids, but adult football fans who maintain their tenuous "link" with Man U / Chelsea via a pub or a Sky subscription and a shirt from JJB should really grow up a bit and get a life.

I think you're taking it a bit far Easy, football is an entertainment industry and you're going to get far more entertainment watching Man Utd than Brighton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think you're taking it a bit far Easy, football is an entertainment industry and you're going to get far more entertainment watching Man Utd than Brighton.

The quality of the football might be better crodo, but I certainly don't find it more entertaining watching Man U or anyone else for that matter, absolutely not. And that is because I have absolutely no emotional attachment with them whatsoever, and therefore couldn't give a STUFF about their results, or how well or shit they might be playing.

I go mental when the Albion score, and it royally pisses on my chips when we lose. I can absolutely guarantee a placky fan in a pub with his JJB-purchased shirt doesn't come anywhere CLOSE to the scale of the emotional highs and lows a genuine fan has when he follows his team.

Football is passion. If I wanted entertainment, I'd go to the circus.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The quality of the football might be better crodo, but I certainly don't find it more entertaining watching Man U or anyone else for that matter, absolutely not. And that is because I have absolutely no emotional attachment with them whatsoever, and therefore couldn't give a STUFF about their results, or how well or shit they might be playing.

I go mental when the Albion score, and it royally pisses on my chips when we lose. I can absolutely guarantee a placky fan in a pub with his JJB-purchased shirt doesn't come anywhere CLOSE to the scale of the emotional highs and lows a genuine fan has when he follows his team.

I agree, football is passion, I get more enjoyment from following Brighton than anything else other than a bit of hows your father, however for the vast majority of football supporters in Britain football is entertainment viewed through the medium of T.V.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I concur, thats why it doesnt actually bother me that much seeing plastic fans about.

herman gelmet

Not the tosser
Jan 20, 2008
worthing

:clap2:That has got to win this arguement surely.

You have to feel the lows to enjoy the highs. If the worst you can expect is 3rd in the prem & a cup semi final whats going to really get you excited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here