Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I f***ing hate cup final day

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes - i support Stenhousemuir (and must admit i like Gretna)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You should pity them not hate them.

Personally I find that being an Albion fan, and meaning it, has led to much more interest from other supporters on my travels and much more enjoyment than being another boring glory boy, seems like everyone who knows their football has an opinion on our situation, and here in Essex, where every bugger supports either Spurs or West Ham, I am a novelty.

I never understand why someone would settle for only admitting their allegiance or even showing an interest when their team is doing well, whats the point in that?

The drive down from Southend on Tuesday nights is getting a bit boring mind.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Maybe they dont because its got people like you there? :shrug:

sorry, what?

'people like me'? how do you know me? i make no apologies for being a passionate fan of my local club for over 20 years-

whats your problem pal?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It makes me so sick, wankers, yes you were right to ask them the last time they went any where near North London, you are not a fan unless you go to the games simple as that. It really is pathetic

That is quite an unfair stance to take. There are many people, myself included, who would love to be able to get to every game but due to circumstances of work/study/career are not able to but we still love the Albion and are gutted if we lose.

There is a difference between armchair fans and fans who simply cannot get to games because of cirucmstances. I just thought it necessary to make that distinction.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Lets hope they do, it'll be the only evenly contested Cup Final between two of the biggest sides in the land.

If they draw each other in the Semi's then whoever wins will go onto win a one-sided cup final.

But then Spurs were tons beter then Chelsea yesturday so i wouldn't mind seeing a repeat of that.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
i was in the king and queen full of yids, singing away with a fake cockney accent, not a sign of a chelsea fan. they went one up and these 4 muppets in the corner starting singing chelsea songs, getting some of the words wrong which was embarassing, and as soon as 1-1 then 2-1 came along they were nowhere to be seen.

the worst thing about it was they started singing, "are you brighton in disguise" at one point.. at ht i went for a slash and they were in there and i overheard one of them talking, turned out they were from lewes.

absolute pricks

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sorry, what?

'people like me'? how do you know me? i make no apologies for being a passionate fan of my local club for over 20 years-

whats your problem pal?

I dont think im the one with the issue to be honest.

You brand people wankers because they dont go to Withdean?

Its full of moaners moaning about things that dont need moaning about, Just like you on this thread.

herman gelmet

Not the tosser
Jan 20, 2008
worthing
I think there is strong feelings about this because these are the people the albion need supporting them now & at Falmer. It just seems sad that football(SKY) supporters are sitting in a pub in Brighton when their local league club is desperately fighting for financial survival 2 miles up the road. I have friends who 'support', liverpool & Man utd, who delight in telling me how crap Brighton are when I have been to Anfield & Old Trafford more than them. I think big club supporters in Sussex have never grown up, I supported Man utd when I was at Primary School because they were the best team at the time, but at some point in your teens you realise your local league club is only a train/ bus ride away & you go and support them. While i'm on a rant, nothing pisses me off more than listening to talk sport and they say"next caller is Fred from Brighton, He's a Liverpool fan." and he has the same accent as me!:rant:

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
I think there is strong feelings about this because these are the people the albion need supporting them now & at Falmer. It just seems sad that football(SKY) supporters are sitting in a pub in Brighton when their local league club is desperately fighting for financial survival 2 miles up the road. I have friends who 'support', liverpool & Man utd, who delight in telling me how crap Brighton are when I have been to Anfield & Old Trafford more than them. I think big club supporters in Sussex have never grown up, I supported Man utd when I was at Primary School because they were the best team at the time, but at some point in your teens you realise your local league club is only a train/ bus ride away & you go and support them. While i'm on a rant, nothing pisses me off more than listening to talk sport and they say"next caller is Fred from Brighton, He's a Liverpool fan." and he has the same accent as me!:rant:

Well said! :ascarf:

FORDY

Aug 29, 2006
CITY OF DUNBLANE
Same thing happens in pubs all over brighton unfortunatley. Ever been to the king and queen on a sunday during a game involving the big four? Plastics galore. I watched the 2006 FA cup final in The Duke of beaufort with a couple of mates and I was wearing albion coulors. I got ito a bit of a barney, with a so-called liverpool "fan". The row ended with me quipping- "thats a funny scouse accent you have mate". He shut up after that. I hate glory hunters!

Agree Statto. Up here in Jock land its all bloody Rangers and Celtic and now you really do have serious glory hunters! Personally I hate them unless the mighty East Stirlingshire draw one of them in the cup and I'm happy to take the cash off the bigots.:rant:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
whose that Rovers or City?

well, in the time i lived in bristol (6 years) I watched both the gas and the shits- as well as making it to as many albion games as I could afford.

I am a HERO:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
so many wankers in the montpelier this afternoon, so called fans getting their 1993 shirts out and claiming to be life long spurs fans, jerking each other off after they won.

almost had a fight with a couple of them after asking them how many times they'd been to white hart lane.......
truth hurts me old mucker ,as i say plastics fantastic!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have friends who 'support', liverpool & Man utd, who delight in telling me how crap Brighton are when I have been to Anfield & Old Trafford more than them.

I know the feeling.

One of my work colleagues "supports" Man Utd, but when challenged to point at Manchester on a map of the UK, he couldn't manage it. His various guesses ranged from somewhere near Birmingham to somewhere near Newcastle, and those two were probably about as close as he managed.

I feel pity for people like that more than any definable anger.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
With the internationalisation of football hardly any players come from the teams they are playing for these days so why should the supporters??

I can fully understand why someone would want to support Chelsea or Man Utd instead of Brighton and if they do then that is their decision which should be respected.

Jan 30, 2008
its not just brighton where the plastics live get on the train at lewes on a saturday going to victoria and they are all on there, ok some are genuine supporters but since the money investments at chelsea and arsenal i have never seen so many and some of the conversations you hear well victoria could'nt come quicker for me just to get away from it all

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can fully understand why someone would want to support Chelsea or Man Utd instead of Brighton and if they do then that is their decision which should be respected.

In a lot of cases, people choose to support Chelsea/ManUre/Arsenal etc... for the simple reason that they win things and those people like to be able to boats of their support for the 'best' club.

For me, that's empty, soul-less and pathetic. Supporting a football club to me isn't just about winning trophies and signing players for 27 billion pounds each, it's about the ups and downs, thick and thin, and these fans know nothing of that.

For example, take a Chelsea fan who's hopped on the Abramovich bandwagon, he's never going to have been able to experience the kind of pure, unadulterated joy that Albion fans experienced at Hereford that day in 1997, or experienced the pain of watching his team relegated in front of his eyes.

For him, and people like him, going to football is a dull, sanitised experience which is all about winning, not about heart and passion as it should be IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here