Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I do not beleive this about Andrew (Filthy) Hawes............

D

Deleted User X18H

............ its in todays arsrgas he is a fully paid up SWINDON fan so why F*UCK is he commantating on Albion games anyway.

Only a true (as if my life depands on it) Albion fan should commentate on the Albion get Hawes out now before we become a complete Laughing stock.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Yawn. We've all known this for years. Andrew Hawes is a very professional commentator, possibly the best that has been on SCR. From his commentary on BHA v Swindon games you would be hard pressed to know that he supports 'the other side'.

Try it on Sunday if you don't believe me.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
err yeah we're going to become a laughing stock because the bbc southern counties commentator for albion matches supports another team

i can just hear the taunts now:jester:

he's a good commentator.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i reckon we should have barrry lloyd on his own

i can see it now

errrr ...... like....... you know ... the lad............you know.... the number 9 .... er big fella ......down the wing:drink: ....... er.......great player.............er ......nippy fella:drink: ...... you know:drink: ....like......:drink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We're more likely to be a laughing stock due to his annoying whispering style "I'm here with Albion manager Mark Maghee..."

SPEAK UP MAN!

D

Deleted User X18H

and another thing having I have never heard of any other club having a Fan from another club discribing its fortunes , a commentator from Swindon a Phone host from Worthing it makes us look like the provincial club we are desperatly trying not to be.
can you imagine an ARSENAL fan commentating on Villa or a Newscastle fan commentating on Liverpool? No neither can I

D

Deleted User X18H

chips and gravy said:
Yawn. We've all known this for years. Andrew Hawes is a very professional commentator, possibly the best that has been on SCR. From his commentary on BHA v Swindon games you would be hard pressed to know that he supports 'the other side'.

Try it on Sunday if you don't believe me.
I am a Brighton and Hove Albion fan I will be at the county ground Swindon on Sunday not at the other end of a radio and besisdes he is being replaced for both Swindon Games

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
hove born&bred said:
and another thing having I have never heard of any other club having a Fan from another club discribing its fortunes , a commentator from Swindon a Phone host from Worthing it makes us look like the provincial club we are desperatly trying not to be.
can you imagine an ARSENAL fan commentating on Villa or a Newscastle fan commentating on Liverpool? No neither can I

Who do you think Fivelive, ITV, Match of the Day or Sky commentators support? If they only stuck to their own teams there would need to be five times as many!

Get a grip mate and leave Andrew Hawes alone

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
hove born&bred said:

as re the Prem teams that happens all the time on Talksport/Five Live! As for our commentator, I'd much rather have a NON BHA fan as he wont be biased to everything in BHA's favour. I like Hawes as he does a great job and I dont care who he supports, he's professional in his commentating and satistfies me.

D

Deleted User X18H

chips and gravy said:
Who do you think Fivelive, ITV, Match of the Day or Sky commentators support? If they only stuck to their own teams there would need to be five times as many!

Get a grip mate and leave Andrew Hawes alone

Yes but they are national programmes this is a regional programme for teh people of Sussex bring back John Lees.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
hove born&bred said:
Yes but they are national programmes this is a regional programme for teh people of Sussex bring back John Lees.

John Lees is where he belongs - talking about cricket. He is mighty fine at this but is no football commentator

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
hove born&bred said:
This is one of the more bone-headed quotes I have read on NSC this week. For christs sake, what possible difference does it make WHAT team the frigging commentator supports ? And does it really matter that Harty doesn't live in the centre of Brighton ? Do most people listening know, or even care ?

Go away and think this through. You're embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Easy 10 said:
This is one of the more bone-headed quotes I have read on NSC this week. For christs sake, what possible difference does it make WHAT team the frigging commentator supports ? And does it really matter that Harty doesn't live in the centre of Brighton ? Do most people listening know, or even care ?

Go away and think this through. You're embarrassing yourself.

I live in the Centre of Brighton so am entitled to my opinion born
Buckingham Hospital etc etc.. if you lot can't see how somthing like this effects other peoples opinion of our club given the current climate of promtoting ourselves quite rightly as a big club then I am lost for words (briefly)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Andrew Hawes is the only one on that show to bring a sense of reality to the programme and I for one appreciate it.

If I want a one-eyed, outrageously biased-against-the-opposition, Albion-tinted view of games, I will listen to Norman Gall ranting and moaning.

If, however, I actually want a relatively balanced view of what's going on during the match, I will listen to Andrew Hawes, a (IMHO) very good commentator and a vast improvement on the likes of John "the...er....Albion...er...have taken an...er...early..er...lead" Lees.

So what if he doesn't support the club, at least it enables him to be objective. And fair play to the guy for declaring his stance on the Swindon game and withdrawing. I don't like his taste in football teams, but at least he's come out and said it, rather than giving all the moaners a chance to complain that he was biased in favour of the inbreds during the play off games.

At the end of the day, I'm sure he has at least a small soft spot for us, and if we beat Swindon fair and square, he will be rooting for us in the final in Cardiff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ummm, right. Falmer Decision Day.
John Prescott: "After due consideration of all the facts, testimonies and evidence presented at the Public Inquiry, and taking into account the considerable efforts of the fans of Brighton & Hove Albion in drawing to National attention to the needs of the club and the community over the last 12 months in particular, I can announce that I have now arrived at my decision. I cannot give permission for the Community Stadium to be built at Falmer. The reason for this, is that your local radio commentator supports Swindon. Sorry about that."

Yes, I see what you mean now born & bred It certainly IS a worry.

:shootself

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
hove born&bred said:
I live in the Centre of Brighton so am entitled to my opinion born
Buckingham Hospital etc etc.. if you lot can't see how somthing like this effects other peoples opinion of our club given the current climate of promtoting ourselves quite rightly as a big club then I am lost for words (briefly)

I love in Shoreham and was born in Hertfordshire County Hospital, does this give you more right to an opinion on BHA than me? f*** NO! this hole your digging is getting extremly deep and I hope you have some sort of water drainage system or your gonna drown!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here