Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Come in Piece

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh dear, I didn’t realise until I came on here to read through your opinions of Saturdays game what a bitter bunch you are. I respect that this is your forum and that you clearly have right of way but the OP was simply asking how you found Sheffield etc, only to be castigated for a grammatical error.

I think comments such as “Sheffield is a complete shithole” and “Wednesday really are tinpot” are unjustified.

Sheffield has a fantastic history, and very modern facilities (I am referring to the city not Hillsborough). I am sure anyone visiting on Saturday did not see enough to formulate an opinion on the entire city, I suspect all cities have some areas better than others, I have heard Whitehawk and Moulsecoomb are not the best but having not visited them I wouldn’t dream of passing an opinion or claiming Brighton was a “complete shithole”.

Whatever has happened to you guys in the past at the hands of maybe a few misguided individual keyboard warriors, I apologise.

I did find it interesting that a comment questioning whether “would anyone actually employ this goon” was posted by someone who to my knowledge has not had any meaningful dialog with the OP and subjected him to abuse (albeit mild – goon) based on an error in his grammar, as person that does employ a significant amount of people I am probably likely to consider interpersonal skills a little more important.

I suspect this post will be receive “do one!!! or Northern etc”, but there you go just proves the point

Fair comment. Sheffield has some lovely areas which are practically in the Peak District and doing a lot better job of modernising the centre of the city although it would help if they made up their mind what they actually want in the centre instead of digging it up every 10 years or so. The winter gardens & peace gardens are beautiful and foodwise there are some fantastic restaurants. The supertram is great but the bus services are dreadful.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Oh dear, I didn’t realise until I came on here to read through your opinions of Saturdays game what a bitter bunch you are. I respect that this is your forum and that you clearly have right of way but the OP was simply asking how you found Sheffield etc, only to be castigated for a grammatical error.

I think comments such as “Sheffield is a complete shithole” and “Wednesday really are tinpot” are unjustified.

Sheffield has a fantastic history, and very modern facilities (I am referring to the city not Hillsborough). I am sure anyone visiting on Saturday did not see enough to formulate an opinion on the entire city, I suspect all cities have some areas better than others, I have heard Whitehawk and Moulsecoomb are not the best but having not visited them I wouldn’t dream of passing an opinion or claiming Brighton was a “complete shithole”.

Whatever has happened to you guys in the past at the hands of maybe a few misguided individual keyboard warriors, I apologise.

I did find it interesting that a comment questioning whether “would anyone actually employ this goon” was posted by someone who to my knowledge has not had any meaningful dialog with the OP and subjected him to abuse (albeit mild – goon) based on an error in his grammar, as person that does employ a significant amount of people I am probably likely to consider interpersonal skills a little more important.

I suspect this post will be receive “do one!!! or Northern etc”, but there you go just proves the point

You now see that we also have a mindless minority and I am sorry that you got offended, but after the result you may have expected this.
I hope any other posts are better received.

On your bike! You must have some bread to deliver???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The one thing I took home with me and will put me off ever going back to a Sheff Wed game is your drummer and band - I really hope you are relegated and Sheff Utd promoted.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Fair comment. Sheffield has some lovely areas which are practically in the Peak District and doing a lot better job of modernising the centre of the city although it would help if they made up their mind what they actually want in the centre instead of digging it up every 10 years or so. The winter gardens & peace gardens are beautiful and foodwise there are some fantastic restaurants. The supertram is great but the bus services are dreadful.

Surely you mean piece gardens.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Sheffield Wednesday :lolol::lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have nothing against Away fans coming on this board. More the merrier, so long as they aren't trolls, and to be fair the OP was polite and I say welcome.

Just a (genuine) question to visiting Wednesdayites. A fair few of you have visited this board since Saturday. Do you usually go on other club's message boards after a game? or just after a win? Serious question.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I suspect you don't know much about this forum. I suspect most forums are full of keyboard warriors who pounce on any mistakes in grammar or spelling . Doesn't yours?

I suspect that if the OP hadn't made such a huge error in the title he would have had more positive replies.

Don't take it personally if they don't like your City. You have to live there, they don't. Beauty in the eye etc.

We will play you next year, as I don't think we will go up and you won't go down.

LE19

I'm a Wednesday fan. Was just wondering how you all found your trip to Sheffield?

I used sat-nav.

I was really expecting a closer game.

Why? Sheffield isn't at all close.

We have both trounced the other at our home grounds this season. I came down to the AmEx earlier this season. Had a brilliant day in and around Brighton until the match.

Yes, but at least we didn't have to go back to Sheffield afterwards.

j2eeman

Feb 4, 2013
I have nothing against Away fans coming on this board. More the merrier, so long as they aren't trolls, and to be fair the OP was polite and I say welcome.

Just a (genuine) question to visiting Wednesdayites. A fair few of you have visited this board since Saturday. Do you usually go on other club's message boards after a game? or just after a win? Serious question.

I always go onto opposition forums, really just to gauge reaction to either the result or prior to the game to see what their opinions are on how their team is playing and the chances of a result.

I rarely post if i am honest, I just thought some of the comments posted were misguided.

j2eeman

Feb 4, 2013
The one thing I took home with me and will put me off ever going back to a Sheff Wed game is your drummer and band - I really hope you are relegated and Sheff Utd promoted.

I agree with you the band is not for me!, just out of curiosity what is your desire to see Wednesday down and United up?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I always go onto opposition forums, really just to gauge reaction to either the result or prior to the game to see what their opinions are on how their team is playing and the chances of a result.

I rarely post if i am honest, I just thought some of the comments posted were misguided.

Can't see Wednesday going down now - the bottom 3 are woeful, and what is happenning to Wolves? Huddersfield were very, very poor when we played them so I reckon they'll be in the mix too.

So good luck to Wednesday, as I said before - a great away trip, just one of those results that happen and we get over.

Will definately do the trip next year, unless we get our act together in the last 1/3rd of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here