Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Come in Piece

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I liked Sheffield. Thought the tram was good. Your KFC in castle square actually served hot food. Although, Hillsborough is an alright ground, that f***ing band/drum ruins any bit of atmosphere you have.

Oh and Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

j2eeman

Feb 4, 2013
I agree, I don't like the band either. Issue for us is that spreading 22K (like Saturday) over a 40K seater stadium makes it quite difficult to get an atmosphere going, especially as the grounds are now all seater.

I think the band was introduced to try and create enough noise to spark various sections at the same time, but yes it's naff.

I guess that's why generally a better atmosphere is created away from home!.

Thank you, by the way, not a single "got lost" response, I applaud you.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Oh dear, I didn’t realise until I came on here to read through your opinions of Saturdays game what a bitter bunch you are. I respect that this is your forum and that you clearly have right of way but the OP was simply asking how you found Sheffield etc, only to be castigated for a grammatical error.

I think comments such as “Sheffield is a complete shithole” and “Wednesday really are tinpot” are unjustified.

Sheffield has a fantastic history, and very modern facilities (I am referring to the city not Hillsborough). I am sure anyone visiting on Saturday did not see enough to formulate an opinion on the entire city, I suspect all cities have some areas better than others, I have heard Whitehawk and Moulsecoomb are not the best but having not visited them I wouldn’t dream of passing an opinion or claiming Brighton was a “complete shithole”.

Whatever has happened to you guys in the past at the hands of maybe a few misguided individual keyboard warriors, I apologise.

I did find it interesting that a comment questioning whether “would anyone actually employ this goon” was posted by someone who to my knowledge has not had any meaningful dialog with the OP and subjected him to abuse (albeit mild – goon) based on an error in his grammar, as person that does employ a significant amount of people I am probably likely to consider interpersonal skills a little more important.

I suspect this post will be receive “do one!!! or Northern etc”, but there you go just proves the point

fair comment - but its a huge grammatical error. Regardless of anything else you are going to get slaughtered for that.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh dear, I didn’t realise until I came on here to read through your opinions of Saturdays game what a bitter bunch you are. I respect that this is your forum and that you clearly have right of way but the OP was simply asking how you found Sheffield etc, only to be castigated for a grammatical error.

I think comments such as “Sheffield is a complete shithole” and “Wednesday really are tinpot” are unjustified.

Sheffield has a fantastic history, and very modern facilities (I am referring to the city not Hillsborough). I am sure anyone visiting on Saturday did not see enough to formulate an opinion on the entire city, I suspect all cities have some areas better than others, I have heard Whitehawk and Moulsecoomb are not the best but having not visited them I wouldn’t dream of passing an opinion or claiming Brighton was a “complete shithole”.

Whatever has happened to you guys in the past at the hands of maybe a few misguided individual keyboard warriors, I apologise.

I did find it interesting that a comment questioning whether “would anyone actually employ this goon” was posted by someone who to my knowledge has not had any meaningful dialog with the OP and subjected him to abuse (albeit mild – goon) based on an error in his grammar, as person that does employ a significant amount of people I am probably likely to consider interpersonal skills a little more important.

I suspect this post will be receive “do one!!! or Northern etc”, but there you go just proves the point

I'm a Wednesday fan. Was just wondering how you all found your trip to Sheffield?

I was really expecting a closer game.

We have both trounced the other at our home grounds this season. I came down to the AmEx earlier this season. Had a brilliant day in and around Brighton until the match.

So 'The Owl' was "wondering", but decided not to post again, after their initial attempt? Sounds like one big wind-up to me.

And so they should be hounded for that typo, it's an absolute shocker...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
fair comment - but its a huge grammatical error. Regardless of anything else you are going to get slaughtered for that.

Tell me about it! I happened to make a couple of inadvertent spelling errors in a recent thread, didn't double check and got panned for it - deservedly so, served me right for being lazy. No-one gives you a brake on this forum mate so man up or man out!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tell me about it! I happened to make a couple of inadvertent spelling errors in a recent thread, didn't double check and got panned for it - deservedly so, served me right for being lazy. No-one gives you a brake on this forum mate so man up or man out!

To right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here