Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I can't walk proper...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't believe it.
Last game of the season, huge piss-up in town after the game, and I'm all FLIDDED up. I managed to seriosuly stub my big left toe on the stairs the other night, and it now resembles a ripe victoria PLUM in both shape and colour. Putting on a shoe for work is absolute AGONY, and when I'm driving and using the clutch to change gear, I almost pass out with the pain.

I'll probably get away with flipflops tomorrow, but the slightest pressure on it still brings excruciating pangs of pain shooting up my leg, meaning that whenever I am trying to walk, it looks like I am hobbling over broken glass and I pull all these gay faces. I will get zero sympathy tomorrow as I know my "mates" will crack on from boozer to boozer, oblivious to the pitiful crippled MESS that is shambling along behind them just trying to keep up.

This could NOT have happened at a worse time.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Come on Easy, if your going to get crocked at least do it with a MANLY injury.

You should tell people you've broken your second metatarsel, I've heard it's all the rage in the premiership :thumbsup:

Lush

Mods' Pet
ShoeBeeBluYellRed.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can't believe it.
Last game of the season, huge piss-up in town after the game, and I'm all FLIDDED up. I managed to seriosuly stub my big left toe on the stairs the other night, and it now resembles a ripe victoria PLUM in both shape and colour. Putting on a shoe for work is absolute AGONY, and when I'm driving and using the clutch to change gear, I almost pass out with the pain.

I'll probably get away with flipflops tomorrow, but the slightest pressure on it still brings excruciating pangs of pain shooting up my leg, meaning that whenever I am trying to walk, it looks like I am hobbling over broken glass and I pull all these gay faces. I will get zero sympathy tomorrow as I know my "mates" will crack on from boozer to boozer, oblivious to the pitiful crippled MESS that is shambling along behind them just trying to keep up.

Tahe a skate board with you. Problem solved.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
flip flops are ok for garden/beach but walkin any distance in em..f*** that ..i nearly broke my neck in a pair once!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I managed to do something similar a week before my wedding. My son was in plaster at the time and I thought we were both going to look like flids on the big day.
Luckily, I managed to get my shoe on and he came out of plaster that morning (but still needed the crutches).
My toenail finally came off several months later and there was more torture as the new one grew over the tender exposed skin that is usually under the nail.
You've got months of pain to endure yet, Easy!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Can't believe it.

You've broken it mate. Strap it to the toe next door [with a pad between them] and fill up on lager or a tipple of your choice. Don't have too many painkillers at the same time though or you'll really get the piss taken out of you as you piss your pants, vomit down your shirt and spend the night in A&E. :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think your being a big Wuss Easy. Stuart Pearce played a whole 45 minutes of football with a broken Leg.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A skateboard would be a complete disaster, I'd probably end up DEADED.

I think its broken or fractured. It must be. Naff-all that can be done about it though, I'll just have to put up with it. SHOCKING bad luck.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My wife had somebody stamp on her big toe playing netball last year and it did the exact same thing, she ended up having the toe nail pulled off to relieve the pressure, it was ok after a week or so.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm hoping that once I've got a few BEATERS coursing through my veins, the incessant jabbing pain will be sufficiently dulled for me to fully partake in what will hopefully be a glorious night of celebration.

Can everyone please just watch where they're WALKING tomorrow though. Ta muchly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here