Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I can't walk proper...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
IGNORE THIS IF SQEAMISH

I was an A&E nurse for years so have seen a fair few toe related injuries.
If the toenail has blood aggregating under it (i.e it is black) the best thing to do is to take a paperclip, heat until red hot and push through the toenail to release the pressure, you often get a spurt of blood when you do this but the pain reduces to almost nil afterwards (I was told by many patients that this did not hurt them either...as long as they were'nt watching at the time you were o.k.)

Alongside this, and in case there is a fracture you could try buddy strapping. take a small piece of gauze 1cm long, roll into a tube and place between the affected toe and its neigbour, then take some surgical tape or elastoplast tape and bind the toes together above and below the knuckle. You'll be amazed how well this works too.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I reckon its a disability, so get a wheel chair, and then you can get a carer to wheel you in.

You can auction off a place as your carer to all those who dont yet have a ticket, and create a huge binfest as you tout the ticket for four times its face value

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
dont go on the pitch at full time for forks sake..you could end up getting trampled on by lots of over excited still half pissed fans.... then you will be in trouble...:sick::sick::catfight::catfight::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::catfight::catfight::gossip:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, I will probably give the pitch invasion a miss.
By the time I get down there it'll all be over and they'll be locking the gates.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
IGNORE THIS IF SQEAMISH

I was an A&E nurse for years so have seen a fair few toe related injuries.
If the toenail has blood aggregating under it (i.e it is black) the best thing to do is to take a paperclip, heat until red hot and push through the toenail to release the pressure, you often get a spurt of blood when you do this but the pain reduces to almost nil afterwards (I was told by many patients that this did not hurt them either...as long as they were'nt watching at the time you were o.k.)

This is true, I had this done to my fingers after someone slammed a car door shut on them. Actually, it's not all true, the red hot paperclip melting through your finger nails does hurt. Smells awful too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wow, that looks like a drinking challenge and a half Easy. Okay, so we're drinking wine (and 1 bottle of champers) Saturday night to build you your footwear home.

:thumbsup:

Just keep me off the whisky. Even if I ask, say no.

Just. keep. me. off. the. whisky.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This is true, I had this done to my fingers after someone slammed a car door shut on them. Actually, it's not all true, the red hot paperclip melting through your finger nails does hurt. Smells awful too.

You had a cruel medic who did it sloooooooowwwwllllyyyy!

You have a point there, fingers tend to be more delicate than toes and i'd agree that this procedure hurts more when done to them. very common to fracture the bone onder the nail when they're crushed so this treatment is not always appropriate for them as it in effect makes the fracture compound.

I love the smell of burning keratin in the morning...smells like...victory

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Wow, that looks like a drinking challenge and a half Easy. Okay, so we're drinking wine (and 1 bottle of champers) Saturday night to build you your footwear home.

:thumbsup:

what a porker...sorry mean corker!!! bloody pig thing is doing my head in...:p

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Weirdly, I lost a toe nail after someone put the weight of their stiletto heel on it at a party. It went black, then came off.

A week later, the same toe nail on my other foot came off.

Was it Easy, and you just got your own back?

CoCoa

Dec 18, 2007
get a bowl, fill it with ice and cold water and soak foot. keep repeating. try not too walk on it, easier said I know. Flip flops not a good idea, slippers or sandels better. Lavender oil is good, but bet you don't have any

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'll cut the blighter off with a pair of side-cutters, Easy (cash either way). :thumbsup:

*Sometimes I feel that I've missed my true vacation (sniff)*

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Just get pissed and forget about it. Don't get me wrong it will hurt like mad about 5 a.m. Sunday morning when you are woken by the pain. But at least you will get to enjoy the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here