Yellow shirts

to be fair I think we do that

football_shirt_13718_1_500x400x0.jpg

brighton-and-hove-albion-third-football-shirt-2007-2008-s_3121_1.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And now, from Norwich - it's the quiz of the week...

da da da da da da da da da da ...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bigger stadium (even with falmer)
Bigger club
Bigger fan base
And probally most important, realistic chances of premiership football next year.
At the moment yeah
Our fan base is bigger and obviously we could easily be a bigger club,problem is we won't for a while and its now that matters.:)

SUPERSEAGULLS953

Jan 28, 2011
I cant blame bennet for wanting to leave because hes playing to get money its his job. but i reckon that his agent is behind this because weve got 3 days left and theres no way we can sign a new player if he does go so he could have had some dignity and done it before.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
why is falmer better? not saying you're wrong, it's just yet to host a football match

The cost per seat is more than the Emirattes. It is new and state of the art. It cost 4 /5 / 6 / 7 times the ammount of money other new stadiums of similar capacity have cost. Don't get me wrong Carrow Rd is alright but for once we're going to have a better stae of the art stadium than most.

SUPERSEAGULLS953

Jan 28, 2011
any way who would want to go to a club where every other team sings 'your sister is your mother
your uncle is your brother
you all f*** one another
the norwich family'
but they have got good arable farming land

Stretcharm

Jan 28, 2011
Evening Seagulls,

Norwich fan in relative peace.

Obviously as this Bennett saga keeps rumbling along, more and more City fans are trying to find out what's going on - so this is why I'm here.

I came on here without any knowledge of what was being said by you guys.

I have to say I'm quite surprised by some of the comments I've seen. Clearly you are trying to defend your club, and I totally understand that. However, you also have to be realistic. There are so many reasons why we are/would be a step-up for Bennett. I'm not going to go over what has already been said regarding attendances, season ticket sales, training facilities, youth set up, stadium, superb support, one league higher with a possibility of Premier League football next season and other reasons I have more than likely forgotten about.

Sure you are moving to a new stadium and that must be very exciting for you, but you are by no means certain of playing Championship football in that stadium next season. Yes you have a six point lead with games in hand, but all it takes is for you to have a blip and you'll be back in the chasing pack.

You need to look at the difference in players that he will be playing with (IF he signs) we have Surman, Hoolahan and Crofts (that's just the midfielder's and doesn't include the on loan Lansbury)

I get the feeling this transfer won't happen, but if it does, you can be safe in the knowledge he will undoubtably improve as a player.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Evening Seagulls,

Obviously as this Bennett saga keeps rumbling along, more and more City fans are trying to find out what's going on - so this is why I'm here.

I have to say I'm quite surprised by some of the comments I've seen. Clearly you are trying to defend your club, and I totally understand that. However, you also have to be realistic. There are so many reasons why we are/would be a step-up for Bennett. I'm not going to go over what has already been said regarding attendances, season ticket sales, training facilities, youth set up, stadium, superb support, one league higher with a possibility of Premier League football next season and other reasons I have more than likely forgotten about.

Sure you are moving to a new stadium and that must be very exciting for you, but you are by no means certain of playing Championship football in that stadium next season. Yes you have a six point lead with games in hand, but all it takes is for you to have a blip and you'll be back in the chasing pack.

You need to look at the difference in players that he will be playing with (IF he signs) we have Surman, Hoolahan and Crofts (that's just the midfielder's and doesn't include the on loan Lansbury)

I get the feeling this transfer won't happen, but if it does, you can be safe in the knowledge he will undoubtably improve as a player.
What makes you think that?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It sounds to be that Elliott Bennett wants to renegotiate his contract if we get promotion. Glenn Murray is delaying signing a new contract. I cannot see why Norwich would want another midfielder, not unless Hollahan goes (which I doubt).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Better coaches, better facilities and better players around him.

Better coaches is doubtful, better facilities yes but not for long, better players around him at the moment but I believe that we will progress quickly in that respect. Its not as cut and dried as you think it is.

Stretcharm

Jan 28, 2011
Better coaches is doubtful, better facilities yes but not for long, better players around him at the moment but I believe that we will progress quickly in that respect. Its not as cut and dried as you think it is.

Without doubt we have better coaches, we must have as we're a league higher, while we have Premier League facilities as said by England U-21 manager Stuart Pearce, when they trained at Colney, before their play-off game against Romania at Carrow Road.

the1englishman

Jan 28, 2011
You guys dont half live in cloud cuckoo land !
There is a difference of night and day between our two clubs.
You lot all seem to go on about how big your " going " to be.
Couldnt we all use that statment ?
The fact is your a small club, moving to a nice big new stadium, that might only be half full.
Do you have potential ? of course you do as long as you progress in a positive fashion every year.
But you aint suddenly going to be a 200000 plus club within a year or two, no matter where your playing your football.
It is going to take YEARS of hard work to build a decent size fan base.
Who knows where where the likes of Bennett will be in that time, same for any player, yours, ours, any clubs.
We are all a stepping stone club for someone.
But please, get real, there is NO comparison between our clubs.For the forsiable future, we will be the bigger club by some margine.
Will it stay that way forever ? who knows, but iam guessing bennett will have retired by the time you hit 20000 plus season ticket holders year in year out.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Trouble is boys, we're all biased, badly biased. I for one, cannot imagine why anyone would choose Norwich over Brighton BUT, like the rest of you, I'm not rational. WE just don't see it from a players point of view cos we totally LOVE The Albion and we cannot get our blue and white striped heads around the fact that the players are earning a living, doing their job ( and a short career it is too)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Without doubt we have better coaches, we must have as we're a league higher, while we have Premier League facilities as said by England U-21 manager Stuart Pearce, when they trained at Colney, before their play-off game against Romania at Carrow Road.
Do you know what coaching job Poyet turned down to become a manager?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Trouble is boys, we're all biased, badly biased. I for one, cannot imagine why anyone would choose Norwich over Brighton BUT, like the rest of you, I'm not rational. WE just don't see it from a players point of view cos we totally LOVE The Albion and we cannot get our blue and white striped heads around the fact that the players are earning a living, doing their job ( and a short career it is too)

Nail and head 'fraid

Stretcharm

Jan 28, 2011
Do you know what coaching job Poyet turned down to become a manager?

What difference does it make?

We have one of the best up and coming managers in the country with Lambert. For goodness sakes, he gets linked with every job going under the sun.

Take the blue and white goggles off for just 30 seconds and think about it - Norwich possibly in the Premier League or Brighton possibly in the Championship.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Well, obviously it depends on us actually getting up this season, but with confidence, next year ( May 2011 ) we will have :

The best stadium in the Championship
One of the wealthiest Chairmen in the Championship
The stated ambition and means of quick promotion to the Premier League.

I've no idea whether Norwich will make the Premier League before us or not.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Evening Seagulls,

Bennett isn't good enough for the premiership yet anyway,our coaching set up is very experienced thats why he's turned out a quality player.

You won't make the premiership anyway although a bloody fairplay if you do,i still predict us to be above you next season IF we go up.:)

the1englishman

Jan 28, 2011
Well, obviously it depends on us actually getting up this season, but with confidence, next year ( May 2011 ) we will have :

The best stadium in the Championship
One of the wealthiest Chairmen in the Championship
The stated ambition and means of quick promotion to the Premier League.

I've no idea whether Norwich will make the Premier League before us or not.

Great, so another wigan with 14000 people in a half empty stadium or what ?
What an atmosphere that will be !!
Or are you hoping to get a load of fair weather fans suddenly appear in the stands ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here