Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I CANNOT Believe I am Saying This

Dandyman

In London village.
Nige, I cant believe you feel like this too, it just seems to have gone so horribly wrong.

I was about to book my trains for Tranmere at the weekend, and thought, actually I cant be arsed at present either. Saturday before Christmas is one which I normally one of the best games to go to.

Tranmere will be an ORGY of port,stilton, scousers trying to sell us stewed meat in pubs, excessive drinking and general immature behaviour. Pull your finger out, young man.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Tranmere will be an ORGY of port,stilton, scousers trying to sell us stewed meat in pubs, excessive drinking and general immature behaviour. Pull your finger out, young man.

Cocktail sausage football?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I started off the season well and even made it to a rare away day (Southend), but my enthusiasm has tailed off. Not simply because of the standard dished up, mainly the whole experience. I used to go to most home games with my old man (Leicester fan), but he has lost interest. It is near on impossible to tempt any friends to spunk £24+ (plus travel) to watch a game in the autumn/winter.

I now live in London and have rediscovered the football free Saturday. Why should I bother spending £40+ on tickets and travel when the vast majority of our management and players look as though they could not give a toss? Withdean lethargy has really set in now.

The next game I plan to go to is Millwall in the new year. I haven't got a clue who we are playing in the mean time. I haven't even been bothered to look at the fixtures. Most saturdays are now spent watching London Scottish play rugger or milling about the capital or heading to the pub with friends, without the inconvenience of having to watch a dirgeful display by Brighton in the cold, breaking up the day. Miss it? Not on your nelly.

Dandyman

In London village.
Saturday 20th December. Prenton Park. Kick-Off 3pm.

This game is pay on the gate. Albion fans have an allocation of just over 2000 seats.

Prices

Adult: £14.50
Senior Citizens: £.9.50
17-22 Yrs: £9.50 (Valid I.D. required and tickets must be bought at the Tranmere Tcket Office)
Under-16s: £5.00

Wheelchair & ambulant disabled supporters are advised tickets must be purchased in advance at the Tranmere Ticket Office on 0871 221 2001. Entry is £5.00 for supporter and carer.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
For me it was a weird, sad social thing. A bus load of people I loved going with gradually lost interest one by one and stopped going. I moved round a few towns and had some pretty hard times in my life, during which none of the close friends I thought I had made at the Albion acted like friends. When I tried to start going again in about 2005 (I'd only gone really sporadically after giving up my season ticket in 2001 to move oop north) I felt like I didn't really know anyone else who went, which made it tough cos Withdean's boring at the best of times. Lots of the young lads left were idiots with no interest in music and all that malarkey.

Still love the Albion, mind. Falmer's gonna make it all better...maybe...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here