Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I CANNOT Believe I am Saying This

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
44 years supporting them.............and I,m struggling to be interested now.

Far too long at Withdean..........there,s only so long you can be enthusiastic when it feels as though you,re watching a game in the local park.

I,ve complained for years about the fact that there is no roof on the main stand. This , to my mind, was the worst decision by the club..............just to say that planning permission was unobtainable.

We,ve got planning permission for a WHOLE stadium in an "area of outstanding natural beauty", yet apparrently, we couldn,t be arsed to argue for a roof in an existing "stadium".

Most of us got hooked on football..........not by the standard or quality of football..........but the atmosphere generated in a stadium. A stadium without a roof and a small capacity cannot generate atmosphere.

Oh.........and like US, I,m fed up of being soaked, frozen and bored to death at Withdean.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sold my Huddersfield tickets £ 20 for the 2, cost me £ 40. I went to the pub with friends instead. I only renewed this season becuase of the Adams factor but will not do so next season as it stands.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It must rain 2/3 rds of the gams at home. Saturday 3pm, Withdean it MUST rain. the amount of times it rains at that time is unbelievable. Think about it would you sit in torrential rain and gale force winds for over 2 hours in your front garden on a Saturday afternoon. If you did that you would be taken away but we do it time and again at Withdean. I am simply not going to get a bad cold again, wimpy it may be but I am sick of it so if the weather is shit which in invariably will be I am not going even if it means the tickets are not used.

We were meant to be there 3 season and its 10 now isn;t it with at least 2 more seasons to go, thats 12. That too long. I fear st renewals next year after the disasterous season under Adams this year will struggle to get much over 2000.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
which is where the biggest problem lies. They are just assuming that the fans will stick with it because they just have to, whilst looking at the bigger picture!

The Hartlepool FA Cup game must have been a worry to them. No season ticket holders get in for free, everyone had to buy a reduced ticket. 2,400 people took up the offer. Slightly worrying, no? ???

Hopefully the board are worried by this and will act, sooner rather than later.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I felt like this after the trip to Carlisle so cancelled the hotel for Stockport and haven't been since. Have now booked a couple of weekend breaks with the Mrs this month and can't see myself being at a game until the New Year. I've even been thinking of giving my ST away - shame really but after 48 years of watching the Albion I really can't be arsed at present.
It's all been so very disappointing and wasn't what I expected when parting with my £400+ last April. "Not fit for purpose" is an understatement imo.

This is the saddest post I have read for a long time. Must admit that if I had not got a 3 year ST there would have been quite a few games this season I would not have gone too. Yet I hang on in there in the hope of another Man City Night. I know that players, with a few exceptions, do not have the enthusiasm for the club as we supporters do but the lack of effort that we have witnessed from some of them really does get to me. Is this the fault of the loan system? It does sem odd that we bring in players who want to get match fit yet have our own players not getting a game so they end up not fit for a match. Oh well, I am only a supporter since the 1950's, what do I know?

I am looking forward to the cricket season. Now as a member of SCC that is value for money.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
With a works Christmas party on Friday 12th, a break until the Shrewsbury game is what I need to get me excited about watching the team again.
Probably right, I stopped going to away games after Northampton, if I'd been to all the games since I'd probably be suicidal!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
The Carlisle game I was with mates in Canterbury, all I did was refresh the score on my phone a couple of times and I was miffed that we lost but got back to enjoying my day.

ALTHOUGH, I think we'll win 2-1 on Saturday, I've had 2 footballing dreams recently and they've both come true.

First one I dreamed a team would get stuffed 4-1... then we played Scunthorpe, THEN I dreamed that we would get an 80th(ish) minute penalty in a game infront of a terrace full of our fans... then we played Yeovil away.

Last night I dreamed that we would go 1 up, then 1-1 then win 1-2 away from home so *fingers crossed*

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Although I haven't been to an away game for a while I've never deliberately missed a home game because of the weather. Thank God for the North stand roof.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Doesn't look like many people will be there on Saturday to BOOOO then.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The fact is we are far worse off now than when we sacked McGhee for some unfathomable reason over 2 years ago. As I get older I question myself ! am I actually enjoying this ? " for more and the anser being yes has happened about 5 times in the last 50 home games.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When you consider during the Withdean era we wre above Portsmouth some times and now they are a top 8 premiership club with a fa cup win and playing AC Milan and we are getting excited about playing mighty Shewsbury and possible getting to the piss pot for also rans is all rather depressing.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I am so glad that i'm not the only one who feels like this!!

Not only can I not be bothered to go anymore, I'm finding myself not really bothering to look up the score on a Saturday night. I really don't know when i'm next going to a game, and for the first time in years, i don't really care.

Normally, Boxing day is reserved for going to the football with dad, i've done it every year since I can remember, and for the first time, i'm finding myself really apathetic about going.

It's really sad and i feel hugely guilty about it, but I'm finding better things to do now!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The fact is we are far worse off now than when we sacked McGhee for some unfathomable reason over 2 years ago. As I get older I question myself ! am I actually enjoying this ? " for more and the anser being yes has happened about 5 times in the last 50 home games.
Adams is finishing what McGhee started.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The board should be sent a link to this thread.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I dont know what it is. Its nothing to do with the mass negativity of this board. There have been runs of much worse results in all my years fo going, we have fielded teams of much worse players than the squad we have at the moment. I can afford to go, I have the spare time to go, but at the moment it just doesnt bother me if I dont go. I want it to change, and hopefully it will.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i have been feeling exactly the same way recently, i normally can't wait for the next game to come around and every saturday morning drive the 7 hour round trip to withdean or where ever else we are playing but this last couple of months i have hardly been to a home game finding other things closer to home far more enjoyable.i have still been to the away games and im going on saturday but was so tempted not to go to stockport,nearly stayed behind in cornwall and played football instead.as sadi before it is a chore rather than a pleasure and should really worry the club if regular home and away travellers like brett and myself are feeling this way

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I am no longer at all bothered. Have not been since Orient at home.

I was treated very shabbily by admin staff on a personal matter. The boys now are asking for Manu and Chelsea shirts for Christmas.

Will I be back..who knows...

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
When you consider during the Withdean era we wre above Portsmouth some times and now they are a top 8 premiership club with a fa cup win and playing AC Milan and we are getting excited about playing mighty Shewsbury and possible getting to the piss pot for also rans is all rather depressing.

Gareth - we were above Portsmouth for about 10 DAYS in 2002/03, only because of the stupid practice of publishing League tables in the first 2 weeks of the season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here