Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I can offially announce..................

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Good luck Tony, I've had 7 redundancies and always found a better job.

Thanks Doug, I have been looking at jobs in my field and it might mean moving, but there are some pretty good jobs out there, and which are paying more than i am on now :thumbsup: In fact thanks to Jesus Gul who posted above, it gave me the thought to look into jobs in the UAE and i have in fact applied for one, so who knows, maybe the sunshine awaits me and her in the skirt :lolol:

(Rose did say to me, when i told her i have applied for that job online, "Great I can give up work then" :lolol:)

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Thanks Doug, I have been looking at jobs in my field and it might mean moving, but there are some pretty good jobs out there, and which are paying more than i am on now :thumbsup: In fact thanks to Jesus Gul who posted above, it gave me the thought to look into jobs in the UAE and i have in fact applied for one, so who knows, maybe the sunshine awaits me and her in the skirt :lolol:

(Rose did say to me, when i told her i have applied for that job online, "Great I can give up work then" :lolol:)
Good luck fella.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Good grief, it is absolutely amazing that the Albion is supported by so many fully qualified macro-economists. The chances of one club being supported by so many people with similar academic/professional backgrounds, even allowing for it being based in a university town, seem remote to me.

Anyway, all, thanks for sharing with me the benefits of your profound and useful insights into the performance of the global economy and its impact on the UK economy and various sectors therein; I will adjust my investments and other financial arrangements accordingly.

Seriously, the music and sport related threads are fun, because ultimately all that matters is opinion. Reading the sort of ill-informed stuff one gets on this sort of thread just depresses (yes, yes, I know - don't read it if you don't like it).

Obviously you are better informed,though unwilling to share the output of your tremendous brain with the rest of us.

It's 5,if that helps at all.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Obviously you are better informed,though unwilling to share the output of your tremendous brain with the rest of us.

It's 5,if that helps at all.

Ooooooooooh, touchy. I am glad someone rose to the bait, anyway.

As it happens, I didn't claim to be better informed. In spite of a 30 year old Economics degree, I would not even begin to claim to understand the macro-economic forces driving the peformance of either the UK or the global economies.

I was merely expressing my surprise and delight that my fellow Brighton fans are so erudite.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Ooooooooooh, touchy. I am glad someone rose to the bait, anyway.

As it happens, I didn't claim to be better informed. In spite of a 30 year old Economics degree, I would not even begin to claim to understand the macro-economic forces driving the peformance of either the UK or the global economies.

I was merely expressing my surprise and delight that my fellow Brighton fans are so erudite.

This thread started because i am unfortunatly being made redundant from a job i have had for many years, many on here have either offered me wishes of good luck or cast there opinions as to why the housing industry is in the situation it is today, which makes for good debate, you unfortunatly have decided to stick your head up your arse, i suggest you update your aged 30 year old Economics degree and either take part in the debate, or just dont bother reading the thread in the first place.

I can assure you i am neither touchy or rising to your bait, i am simply making it clear as to what the thread is all about.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry to hear about your predicament Hitony. I hope things work out for you.

Also;

Earlier this year...

Today...

:lolol:

Bof

As you have decided to trawl through all the pages of NSC shit and my god there a lot and bounce this let me out some meat on the bones for you. Yes I still believe the media and so called economic experts have stuck their oar in and are irresponsible in causing panic and creating a self fulfilling prohecy of house price falls , they certainly have not helped. If you read my post you will notice i said " unless something happens fast " prices may fall by 20% in 2 years. i did not say prices have fallen by 20% or will fall by 20% , its all ifs and buts. The way the economy have changed and the speed of the change has taken evryone by suprise and I have never encountered lenders not wanting to lend money in 20 years of doing this as a profession. It need an injection of money, it needs a reduction of stamp duty, it needs lenders to split up their cozy cartel and lend money, that will aviod a house price crash, if this does not happen feel free to bounce this thread again if and when prices fall by 40%.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Bof

As you have decided to trawl through all the pages of NSC shit and my god there a lot and bounce this let me out some meat on the bones for you. Yes I still believe the media and so called economic experts have stuck their oar in and are irresponsible in causing panic and creating a self fulfilling prohecy of house price falls , they certainly have not helped. If you read my post you will notice i said " unless something happens fast " prices may fall by 20% in 2 years. i did not say prices have fallen by 20% or will fall by 20% , its all ifs and buts. The way the economy have changed and the speed of the change has taken evryone by suprise and I have never encountered lenders not wanting to lend money in 20 years of doing this as a profession. It need an injection of money, it needs a reduction of stamp duty, it needs lenders to split up their cozy cartel and lend money, that will aviod a house price crash, if this does not happen feel free to bounce this thread again if and when prices fall by 40%.

Even though it is costing me my job, I don't exactly disagree with the slow down in the market, in all honesty it was getting very silly anyway, I am probably right in thinking you are a mortgage broker ? if so it will be hitting you in the same place it is hitting me (about 9 inches below the belly button :lolol:)

I was with a VERY good friend of mine on friday night who is a mortgage broker and he is suffering big time, of course there are the cynics who will be happy that some are suffering because of this, but in most cases you find they are the same people who have quite happily profitered from increasing house prices over the years, so basically it is a case of "I'm alright jack".

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
This thread started because i am unfortunatly being made redundant from a job i have had for many years, many on here have either offered me wishes of good luck or cast there opinions as to why the housing industry is in the situation it is today, which makes for good debate, you unfortunatly have decided to stick your head up your arse, i suggest you update your aged 30 year old Economics degree and either take part in the debate, or just dont bother reading the thread in the first place.

I can assure you i am neither touchy or rising to your bait, i am simply making it clear as to what the thread is all about.

Actually, hitony, I do have every sympathy with you and your posting was why I came to the thread in the first place. Then it changed into a debate, not particularly well informed, as to how well Gordon Brown was managing the economy and what the reasons for varying factors in the economy were. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but, equally, also to point out when that opinion is uninformed.

I have not stuck my head up my arse - if anything the contrary is true. But ill-informed spouting should be challenged (and, to reiterate, that does not apply to your post; if you work in the construction industry I would imagine you are well-informed about it) and this time I just chose to do it by taking the piss, perhaps not particularly constructive, but neither are some of the posts on this thread.

Hopefully, as you have been in a job for a number of years, your package will be reasonably generous and perhaps you could look at this as a new opportunity as I am, having taken 'voluntary' redundancy at the end of April.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
trouble is, its a fuel based economy.
everything is affected by petrol prices.
the government need to act now and reduce the amount they tax fuel.
62p tax on a litre.

legalised theft !!!

remove or reduce fuel tax and everything will slowly recover

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Actually, hitony, I do have every sympathy with you and your posting was why I came to the thread in the first place. Then it changed into a debate, not particularly well informed, as to how well Gordon Brown was managing the economy and what the reasons for varying factors in the economy were. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but, equally, also to point out when that opinion is uninformed.

I have not stuck my head up my arse - if anything the contrary is true. But ill-informed spouting should be challenged (and, to reiterate, that does not apply to your post; if you work in the construction industry I would imagine you are well-informed about it) and this time I just chose to do it by taking the piss, perhaps not particularly constructive, but neither are some of the posts on this thread.

Hopefully, as you have been in a job for a number of years, your package will be reasonably generous and perhaps you could look at this as a new opportunity as I am, having taken 'voluntary' redundancy at the end of April.

Still Got Your Head Up Your Arse, I See. Seeing As You Were The One Expressing Surprise That A Dozen Or So People Out Of A List Of Over 5,000 Might Actually Be As Clever As You I Suggest You Shut The f*** Up.

Just Look At This Lovely Gem In Your Half-Arsed Attempt At An Apology (Which Did Not Include The Word Sorry At Any Time Either):
I have not stuck my head up my arse - if anything the contrary is true. But ill-informed spouting should be challenged .... and this time I just chose to do it by taking the piss

What A Pompous Arse You Are.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Actually, hitony, I do have every sympathy with you and your posting was why I came to the thread in the first place. .......Hopefully, as you have been in a job for a number of years, your package will be reasonably generous and perhaps you could look at this as a new opportunity as I am, having taken 'voluntary' redundancy at the end of April.

He Just Oozes Sincerity, Doesn't He?

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Still Got Your Head Up Your Arse, I See. Seeing As You Were The One Expressing Surprise That A Dozen Or So People Out Of A List Of Over 5,000 Might Actually Be As Clever As You I Suggest You Shut The f*** Up.

Just Look At This Lovely Gem In Your Half-Arsed Attempt At An Apology (Which Did Not Include The Word Sorry At Any Time Either):

What A Pompous Arse You Are.

Indeed, I am. And i wouldn't deny it and haven't done so at all on here (or anywhere else come to that).

But being called pompous by someone who capitalises every word in their posts strikes me as a bit pot and kettle. Also, I find it somewhat problematic to be 'taught' manners by people who use phrases such as 'head up your arse' or 'shut the f*** up' (not that I have anything against the phrase per se, just its application in a post that is proclaiming itself to be a corrective to what had gone before).

And, for the nth time, I was pleading ignorance, not knowledge. At no stage was I trying to put the world to rights or offering an opinion on the handling of the British economy by Gordon Brown.

Now, calm down and go and have a nice cup of tea.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im still convinced the market will not collapse, its not the end of the world as some of papers will play it out. i reckon the banks will start lending again in the next 12 months. they just shat themselves when they realised they didnt know who had what bad debt, once thats washed through the books they'll be looking to recover profits/share prices and will go aggressive again.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bof

Don't take it personally. It was not intended to be a sleight on your character. It just tickled my fancy that you were adamant that there would not be a fall in your usual impassioned posting.

As you say, there is an aspect of self-fufilment, but I am not sad to see prices set to tumble. What it didn't need was money to prop the prices up as they are set at artificial and over inflated prices that are causing vast tranches within various groups of society, in my opinion. I was set to buy a flat (as a joint venture) with my old man, but pulled out before we reached any sort of advanced stage. I saw so many vile properties - The amount of freelance 'property developers' that seem to think they have a skill, but effectively anaethetise the property, devoid of character must take a fair amount of blame for the potential collapse.

I think it is unfair to apportion all the blame on one party. The English culture of treating a house as an investment as opposed to a home does certainly not aid matters. Ah well, it shall be an interesting six months or so to see what the future holds for the market. There are certainly very few 'Sold' signs about in Brighton and the Land Reg/RICs reports paint a very gloomy picture.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Curious.

And There I Was Thinking You Had Posted Comments About "Ill-Informed Rubbish". How Are You In A Position To Judge Whether It's Ill-Informed Or Not If You Are Also Claiming Ignorance?

calm down young man. you have a lot of anger.why don't you go and put a hoody on and pretend to be dangerous on a street corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here