Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I am sick of:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If Montoya is a former Barcelona right back, then could he occasionally play like one?

And if the key is improving the players we have, then when is Potter planning to start on that?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Dominated what? possession means nothing, passing across the back line also means zip.
Bournemouth dominated the only stat that actually counts - goals scored.
We may play pretty passing football, but what good is that, if its totally ineffective and we got 0 points?

I felt we controlled the tempo and pushed muff right into their own half for most of the game. It's hard to pin-point the exact cause for our lose considering we were clearly the stronger team. It's no surprise Websters taken the scapegoat responsibilities being a defender who carries the ball well, and what a surprise that some fans are already outing Potter.

Being realistic, if we can play like that again but this time block out the stupid, unforced mistakes plus swap Stephens for Bissouma like we did against arsenal (i think), i'm still hopeful we have a good chance of picking up at least 6 points from our next 4 games. The signs aren't half as worrying as last year when we were 2-0 down and not even getting the ball near the oppositions final third. It's just another typical overreaction from our fans that we lost a Prem match away from home in a game where there were many chances for us.

I disagree with your analysis that we play a possession game where the back 4 are knocking it around to each other all game. The 2nd half we were extremely direct. Everything went in one direction and that was forward. We were shooting from all angles too. It was clear Potter had told them at HT to shoot more.

I think we need a few new signings but I wouldn't call this a crisis just yet. There's still positives we can be optimistic about. We just need to realise that being 2 points above the relegation teams, lost just 2 of the last 5 games, have a minus 7 goal difference and only have fourteen more games to play really isn't that bad when you're a club like us in the Prem.
We're a club building something which when/if it comes off could see us hit heights we never imagined.This won't happen trying to be like the old Wimbledon.

We're playing very good football, the next stage will be turning it into success. Stupid if you expect that all to happen at once. Step by step which we are doing. It would be a disaster if we get rid of Potter. I highly doubt Bloom would be that stupid so early.
Keep the faith

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I felt we controlled the tempo and pushed muff right into their own half for most of the game. It's hard to pin-point the exact cause for our lose considering we were clearly the stronger team. It's no surprise Websters taken the scapegoat responsibilities being a defender who carries the ball well, and what a surprise that some fans are already outing Potter.

Being realistic, if we can play like that again but this time block out the stupid, unforced mistakes plus swap Stephens for Bissouma like we did against arsenal (i think), i'm still hopeful we have a good chance of picking up at least 6 points from our next 4 games. The signs aren't half as worrying as last year when we were 2-0 down and not even getting the ball near the oppositions final third. It's just another typical overreaction from our fans that we lost a Prem match away from home in a game where there were many chances for us.

I disagree with your analysis that we play a possession game where the back 4 are knocking it around to each other all game. The 2nd half we were extremely direct. Everything went in one direction and that was forward. We were shooting from all angles too. It was clear Potter had told them at HT to shoot more.

I think we need a few new signings but I wouldn't call this a crisis just yet. There's still positives we can be optimistic about. We just need to realise that being 2 points above the relegation teams, lost just 2 of the last 5 games, have a minus 7 goal difference and only have fourteen more games to play really isn't that bad when you're a club like us in the Prem.
We're a club building something which when/if it comes off could see us hit heights we never imagined.This won't happen trying to be like the old Wimbledon.

We're playing very good football, the next stage will be turning it into success. Stupid if you expect that all to happen at once. Step by step which we are doing. It would be a disaster if we get rid of Potter. I highly doubt Bloom would be that stupid so early.
Keep the faith

Really? If it was a one off yes, but this is exactly why we didn't get 3 points v Villa and god knows how many others this season.

Yes the football is pretty at times but also god awful at others (defending and scoring).
We've won 6 games all season, (24 games) only Watford and Norwich won less. We are in a relagation form and I don't see any change.

I was a big Potter fan, been sitting on the fence for the past few games and now starting to think that he's not up for it.

Play like we have been over the last ten games and we're down. Won 1 in 10.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Really? If it was a one off yes, but this is exactly why we didn't get 3 points v Villa and god knows how many others this season.

Yes the football is pretty at times but also god awful at others (defending and scoring).
We've won 6 games all season, (24 games) only Watford and Norwich won less. We are in a relagation form and I don't see any change.

I was a big Potter fan, been sitting on the fence for the past few games and now starting to think that he's not up for it.

Play like we have been over the last ten games and we're down. Won 1 in 10.

relegation form? we've picked up 5 points from the last 5 games. If that continues, we should finish on 39 points which will most probably keep us up. Only 5 teams outside the top 4 have conceded less than us this season and 4 of them occupy the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th positions but yet we're heavily criticising our defence and begging for Duffy to get his place back? Ridiculous to say the least.

If we win our next 2 extremely winnable home games, I reckon everyone will be licking Potters bum. I bet we finish the season much more comfortably than last season. The difference is huge with our performances when we lose compared to last season. We're not looking like a 3rd division team playing a Prem team hanging on to a 0-0 in the 3rd round of the cup anymore. We look like the goals will come and the wins are destined. The 2nd half of last season was hopeless, that's what relegation form looks like, not a team who controlled a game but couldn't figure out how to finish them off.

Even so we were shite we still felt that we'd dropped points against Villa. Last season we just felt every game was us being totally dominated with us barely seeing the ball not to mention entertaining the crowd.

We've greatly improved. The wins will come. Just don't expect us to finish mid table in only Potter's first Prem season with us.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
relegation form? we've picked up 5 points from the last 5 games. If that continues, we should finish on 39 points which will most probably keep us up. Only 5 teams outside the top 4 have conceded less than us this season and 4 of them occupy the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th positions but yet we're heavily criticising our defence and begging for Duffy to get his place back? Ridiculous to say the least.

If we win our next 2 extremely winnable home games, I reckon everyone will be licking Potters bum. I bet we finish the season much more comfortably than last season. The difference is huge with our performances when we lose compared to last season. We're not looking like a 3rd division team playing a Prem team hanging on to a 0-0 in the 3rd round of the cup anymore. We look like the goals will come and the wins are destined. The 2nd half of last season was hopeless, that's what relegation form looks like, not a team who controlled a game but couldn't figure out how to finish them off.

Even so we were shite we still felt that we'd dropped points against Villa. Last season we just felt every game was us being totally dominated with us barely seeing the ball not to mention entertaining the crowd.

We've greatly improved. The wins will come. Just don't expect us to finish mid table in only Potter's first Prem season with us.

I wish I had some of your optimism. I'm generally quite positive but at the moment I'm really not seeing things the same way as you and can't see where the wins are coming from now we've been found out and appear woefully short of having what's needed to grind out the wins we need.

I hope I'm wrong and you're right...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Never understand our managers from Poyet in the play offs to Potter against Bmuff, you know the line up that beat them comfortably why change it when you play the same team again. Jesus wept why do we pay these muppets to manage like ****ing ********s.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Although it's fair enough that individual players, the team and manager get some stick when we are struggling I am a bit sick of 'supporters' seemingly giving up and pronouncing our season is over, we are doomed, championship here we come etc when there are so many games yet to be played and we are still above the relegation zone. Get a f****** grip!

But we are struggling and of more concern, some of our fellow strugglers are finding some form whereas we seem to be in a downward spiral with no solutions in sight.

Wins against West Ham and Watford are vital now.In reality though, how can we expect to win, when we cannot score with 70% possession?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Keep the faith

Good balanced reply! I'm not calling for Potters head, but he needs to quickly find a way to turn possession into goals, change it up, do whatever it takes to win games, use all available assets like Murray if necessary. Be humble enough to see he either got Webster wrong, or that at least he's often a defensive liability who needs dropping and more time to adjust. We all want Connolly to succeed long term, but he's just not doing it and we don't have the luxury of continually hoping to play him into form. He's a passenger as a proven marksman rots on the bench.

It's the age old cliche, it's a results business. The season is not judged on passes or possession, just results. I have no doubt we play prettier football than Burnley and a few others and certainly prettier than last season, but pretty football without effective goalscorers and a ropey defense saw the end of Wagner's/Siewerts Huddersfield and even Ian Holloway's Blackpool.

It's a useless benchmark along with possession or attendances in a results business and will be judged a failure if we get relegated.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Good balanced reply! I'm not calling for Potters head, but he needs to quickly find a way to turn possession into goals, change it up, do whatever it takes to win games, use all available assets like Murray if necessary. Be humble enough to see he either got Webster wrong, or that at least he's often a defensive liability who needs dropping and more time to adjust. We all want Connolly to succeed long term, but he's just not doing it and we don't have the luxury of continually hoping to play him into form. He's a passenger as a proven marksman rots on the bench.

It's the age old cliche, it's a results business. The season is not judged on passes or possession, just results. I have no doubt we play prettier football than Burnley and a few others and certainly prettier than last season, but pretty football without effective goalscorers and a ropey defense saw the end of Wagner's/Siewerts Huddersfield and even Ian Holloway's Blackpool.

It's a useless benchmark along with possession or attendances in a results business and will be judged a failure if we get relegated.

Megazone said that Potter may have told them to shoot more during his half time talk.

I would tell them that before the game rather than at 2-0 down. We do much better in games where we take the lead first.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What really concerns me, well actually it doesn’t anymore, is that we have now played as many games this season under Mr Potter and as of now, he has no idea what his best side is.

Can one of the many pedants on here tell us how many matches we have played this season where we have played the same starting X1 two games on the trot?

Yes dan burn’s injury has caused us problems, however we have a very large squad of relatively expensive players and yet, full backs for example..Stephens is NOT a full back..Montoya is ...bong is...Alzate is not...Bernardo is...solly isn’t..... these are all players that Mr Potter has tried to slot in. IMHO montoya should be the first choice full back. That is his position and one he has played most of his career...

Yes I know it is all supposition as none of us know what is in Mr Potter’s mind or that of his back room staff and we don’t see what goes on in training, however that is what this board is all about , apart from those who like to keep calling everybody ***** as they don’t agree with them, all about our opinions of what we see in front of us.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm sick of letting myself get confident of a result when I hear that the opposition:

1. Are depleted by injuries
2. Are in terrible form
3. Have a key play sent off and is unavailable against us

I should know by now. I will never, ever, get carried away and expect that 3 points ever again. Ever.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm sick of watching us play beautifully up to about 25-30 yards from goal then suddenly turning into the Peacehaven Secondary 3rd XI when we get there.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Although it's fair enough that individual players, the team and manager get some stick when we are struggling I am a bit sick of 'supporters' seemingly giving up and pronouncing our season is over, we are doomed, championship here we come etc when there are so many games yet to be played and we are still above the relegation zone. Get a f****** grip!

Yup!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am sick of the White Flag Waving and the Towel Chucking.

Cool heads, professionalism, bravery and a crisis plan by the club in the next 9 days will still fix this.

Last edited:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I'm sick of our kick off tactic. Punt back to Webster/Dunk to kick a cross field ball to the shortest striker on the left. It's seriously like we have no other way of doing it.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Perfectly sums up my opinion too.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
At the risk of being seen as bit of a bed wetter - I am sick of the club trying to be so 'clever' with on & off field aspects whereby we've found ourselves in a situation that is just so utterly unnecessary.

Trying to game the transfer market somehow with Tau and MacAllister, Playing Alzate at right back, thinking that Dan Burn (a CB all day long) getting into attacking positions down the left is a good, long-term strategy, not sorting out a replacement for Murray, not recalling Duffy etc etc.

Mid table mediocrity was easily achievable this season and, by now, we should have got there and been looking forward to a casual couple of months. We might still get there but christ, we'd have made very heavy weather of it.

Apart from the odd bright spot - we've stunk the Prem out.

Now, I must go and change the bed sheets. Thanks for reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here