Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I agree with Ian Hart

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If we are told and other clubs find out they will exploit this with derisory offers for players such as Harding:nono:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Other clubs all ready know it is bigger then £250k.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They know we're in trouble so they'll offer low anyway. Wouldn't mind Harding going anyway, maybe he'll be a good player one day but he's not for us and he wants out.

At least if we know we know how much we have to do. Is it the 2m (or however much it is) for the Alive and Kicking?

cdavis

May 14, 2004
It seems clear to me how much....£2,000,000.00.....thats how much the board wants to raise....what I,m concerned about, is all the money is chasing a "pipe Dream"

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well I don't know if Falmer is a pipe dream or not. In my opinion the board know more than this about me so I back them in this.

But I do have a horrible feeling that the Falmer decision will be put back and put back until after the election. Whatever decision they make will be unpopular with someone.

cdavis

May 14, 2004
Silent Bob; Quite agree with you....that,s what worries me....yes..the Board do know more than us.......it,s probably THAT reason, why THEY won,t put any more money in....!!!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sigh. We don't need naysayers and pessimists. This board is light ears better for the club than past boards :glare:

cdavis

May 14, 2004
Like all people on here......neither consider myself a pessimist or optimist.........just a "realist"........I so, so hope I,m wrong.......I,ll die a happy man....!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Sigh. We don't need naysayers and pessimists. This board is light ears better for the club than past boards :glare:

What an hilarious typo. :dunce:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The club stated how much money they needed, and we have donated 10% of that. Someone needs to make up the shortfall.

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
_523161_black_hole300.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why are we suddenly in crisis financially though, are all the chickens coming home to roost at the same time ?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Currie situation and McGhee getting no money has reminded/made everyone aware of how bad things are.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Can someone tell me how it was that in the 1999-2000 season we were in a position to spend money on players like Cullip, Carpenter, Oatway etc and now we appear to be one 50p away from having the electricity cut off? What's changed?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
chips and gravy said:
Can someone tell me how it was that in the 1999-2000 season we were in a position to spend money on players like Cullip, Carpenter, Oatway etc and now we appear to be one 50p away from having the electricity cut off? What's changed?

This is exactly where I am getting confused as well.

Two years ago as soon as Coppell arrived we bought in loan players

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well the longer we're at Withdean the worse our debt gets!

Someone on here thought that it was because the board were expecting a yes on Falmer by summer so the financial plan was based around that which seems to make sense :dunce:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Why are we suddenly in crisis financially though, are all the chickens coming home to roost at the same time ?

This extension to the Falmer Inquiry is the killer - and don't the NIMBYs just know it. Every month/season/year this bollox drags on, the club's funds keep hemmoraging away (and there's no fuckin WAY I'm going to even attempt the correct spelling of hemmorage at this time on a Saturday night - chuck in a few 'a's and you'll be close enough aye?). Reports of 'Rejoice!' at Prescott's non-decision earlier in the year are proving to be severely premature.

On the bright side tho, if the Council and the Government decide that 150 fuckin' greedhead NIMBYs are allowed to destroy a club that pulls together the local community like absolutely nothing else could ever hope to come close to, then these people have forfeit any right to ask for our vote. Don't get mad. Get EVEN with these :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here