Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I agree with Ian Hart

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We lose money every game, so things just keep getting worse. The only time we have money is when the Season Ticket money comes in, and what with people buying long term tickets, it gets worse every year.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
We lose money every game, so things just keep getting worse. The only time we have money is when the Season Ticket money comes in, and what with people buying long term tickets, it gets worse every year.

Which is why the club are appealing for money. The Alive and Kicking appeal is meant to do exactly that. Keep the club alive and kicking. I know I am stating the obvious but McGhee says today that in 2 years time the club could be dead and buried if the planning permission fails.

Tom Hark said:
Reports of 'Rejoice!' at Prescott's non-decision earlier in the year are proving to be severely premature.

No. Let me paint a picture for you what would have happened if Prescott had followed the inspectors' advice, which was the only realistic alternative to the decision he came to.

We would not have signed Darren Currie. We would not have signed Alexis Nicolas. We would have sold Danny Cullip, Dan Harding, Leon Knight, Adam Virgo and all the other youngsters for peanuts in a fire-sale at the beginning of the season in an exodus that would have made Leeds Utd look like they were patiently team-building.

Martin Hinshelwood would be our manager, as McGhee would be long gone to spearhead the MK Dons fightback.

We would be currently be 24th in the league, probably quite a few points off Rotherham in 23rd.

We wouldn't be having an Alive and Kicking fund, but another type of fans' collection to avoid the new owners of the club putting us into adminstration. Alas it fails and we approach Christmas with actually minus points in the league table.

That's the Ghost of Christmas Future brought to you on behalf of all NSC's happy-clappys.

So cheer up, Tom, it might never happen :)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bob Booker would've been our manager though :ohmy:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I have never listened to Mike Ward and thought he talked shite but today he made a most relevant point, a week ago we had no Spurs cup tie money spinner or had sold Currie so what would have happened if we had drawn Luton at home for example ?
We need answers and honest answers but I won't hold my breath waiting for the answers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ernest said:
I have never listened to Mike Ward and thought he talked shite but today he made a most relevant point, a week ago we had no Spurs cup tie money spinner or had sold Currie so what would have happened if we had drawn Luton at home for example ?
We need answers and honest answers but I won't hold my breath waiting for the answers.

The answers are that we are broke. We know that. So where are the money men who want to invest then Ernest?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ernest said:
Ask the man stopping them ?

Here we go again. Name names.

I have heard and seen DK say that he will step down if someone will come in to invest money in the club.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Surely the revelation of how serious the financial situation is will convince those who "refuse" to go to Withdean that theiy are damaging the club.Many people have recently stated that they go only to away matches because the atmosphere is better etc.What they need to realise is that only the home club benefits financially from large numbers of Albion fans at away matches.I'm not disputing the fact that the players appreciate the great support they receive,but I'm sure they would be happy to see less fans at away games if it meant full houses at Withdean.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ernest said:
The only thing thrown down the black hole should be Dick Tight

Dodging the question Ernest. I demand answers

Oct 5, 2003
"If we are told and other clubs find out they will exploit this with derisory offers for players such as Harding"

WRONG whilst i understand your thinking unfortunately clubs can see how the Albion are financially already from past sales such as Zamora

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
"If we are told and other clubs find out they will exploit this with derisory offers for players such as Harding"

Not necessarily I believe it was Ipswich's third offer that finally sealed the deal.

Also the first player they have bought for some time.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We turned down a couple of offers from Ipswich for Currie until they raised the price to £250K

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Come on Ernest, it's time you put your money where your mouth is - who are these people queuing up to invest in the club?

And can you prove Dick Knight is blocking them?

'Cos if you can't you should shut the ***k up.

But you won't will you? People like you never do. Moan and bleat, that's all you are good for. While better people keep quiet, and try to help keep this club alive.

What about a bit of positivity, it is the Season of Goodwill!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ernest knows diddly-f***ing-squit. He just sits and contempuously shakes his head at everything DK says. He had a glorious opportunity to pin him down at the fans forum, and he bottled it, because he's got nothing to say and he says it far too often - the fat Worzel Gummdige.

Ernest is the only person in Sussex who makes me feel good about my size.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here