Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wow..

Capture.PNG

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Spent 3 nights out tramping this week in the lorry got to admit those were the best nights sleep ive had this week. A/C on through the day, sun roof open through the night with the air cooler pods working through the night. Its been nice not waking up wet through sweating.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
View attachment 149723

And only 5 mins into this hot spell and the emails from the water company have been flying suggesting how to save water.

Fellow oldies may remember that in the 1976 heatwave things got so extreme that the government appointed Dennis Howell 'Minister For Droughts'. They even ordered him to do a little rain dance. He was so successful that the heavens promptly opened, whereupon he was immediately dubbed 'Minister For Floods' :lol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If we weren’t given all these hysterical warnings and they just gave us the forecast and let us deal with it, the vast majority of people would get up in the morning, remark what a lovely day it is and not think about it again.

Similar to the hysteria regarding the “storms” earlier in the year. We were told to stay indoors, twins were cancelled, people missed work. I walked along the coast path form Lancing to Shoreham, met a mate for a session and walked back the same way. If I hadn’t been warned that the world was ending, I’d have just thought it was a bit annoyingly windy but we live on the coast so it happens.

People are a bunch of quivering Nancy’s these days. I think it’s the Covid effect. People are trained to love a disaster, a drama, a national emergency.

Have a Solero and shut the **** up.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m only a couple of miles from the coast and can actually see the Wirral and Liverpool from my house. We are always a few degrees colder than at the bottom of the hill so my point was that if we do indeed get 33 then Birkenhead could easily be 36+.

Weird that it’s grey and overcast this morning. The forecast climb in temperatures in a couple of days is probably as remarkable as whatever heights they reach. Had some lovely days out over your way recently but we aren’t going anywhere beyond the garden this weekend.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If we weren’t given all these hysterical warnings and they just gave us the forecast and let us deal with it, the vast majority of people would get up in the morning, remark what a lovely day it is and not think about it again.

Similar to the hysteria regarding the “storms” earlier in the year. We were told to stay indoors, twins were cancelled, people missed work. I walked along the coast path form Lancing to Shoreham, met a mate for a session and walked back the same way. If I hadn’t been warned that the world was ending, I’d have just thought it was a bit annoyingly windy but we live on the coast so it happens.

People are a bunch of quivering Nancy’s these days. I think it’s the Covid effect. People are trained to love a disaster, a drama, a national emergency.

A clear case of it didn't affect me, so it didn't happen. I know of several people around the country who did sustain damage from the storms.

There is a red warning for Monday and Tuesday in the centre of England. Obviously, the coast will be cooler.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weathe...dYh_gDPZ9TRsrwHPzEcF2ykDk6vU#?date=2022-07-18

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Tbf, had I heard about the cancelling of twins I would have been quite perturbed. I hope nobody on here was affected.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Now we have a national emergency declared for it, is it still "hysteria"? Asking for a friend.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
If that map of max temperatures in post #181 proves correct, then the previous record high of 38.7 degrees C will be smashed by several degrees in numerous places.

There's no need for hysteria, but there is a need to take this seriously.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

somebody was killed by a falling tree round the corner from my house during that storm but carry on

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Clothes are drying quickly out on the line though and it’s making my first leave in while rather much better. A visit to Borde Hill Garden tomorrow and a nice big chunk of the South Downs Way next week. Plus copious dips in the sea, tea in the garden and a few mint juleps to see us into the cool of the evening. What’s not to like!

Mint Julep
The Mint Julep is an iconic bourbon cocktail you definitely don't want to miss. Drinks that are this popular can sometimes seem difficult to make, but this recipe is actually incredibly easy and only requires a few ingredients.
The Mint Julep is the traditional drink of the Kentucky Derby, which has helped propel the cocktail's popularity. Tens of thousands of Mint Juleps are served at Churchill Downs in Louisville, and countless more are enjoyed by fans watching the race throughout the country. With a balance of sweet, smoky, and herbal flavors, the Mint Julep is delicious all year long….

4 to 5 mint sprigs, leaves only
2 sugar cubes, or 1/2 ounce simple syrup
2 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey
Mint sprig, for garnish

https://www.thespruceeats.com/classic-mint-julep-recipe-759323

Treat yourselves.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Don’t forget the sunscreen on the backs of your hands. The second most ageing thing after a sun-fried boat is sun-damaged backs of hands, just ask Her Madgesty (Madonna)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here