Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Because of his public profile moving abroad would appear to be his best option to escape the public shame, but that would also put new temptations in his way as he'd be starting with a relatively clean slate. But then there would be the additional risk that if he got caught, depending on where he was, the punishment could be much more severe. Wasnt Glitter at risk of execution with one of his trials?
Maybe De Zerbi will sign him in January, put arm round him and treat him like a son?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No-one has been out away for 2 years for retweeting something nasty have they ? Do you have a source ?

"The latest person to be jailed for their online activity during the recent disorder is Tyler Kay, 26.

Northampton Crown Court was told Kay posted on X calling for mass deportation and advising protesters to "mask up", and also retweeted a screenshot of a message inciting action against a named immigration solicitors in the town."

Of course, you could have done your own research rather than glibly insinuating I was wrong. Oh but my mistake - he got 38 months for that, not 24.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

"The latest person to be jailed for their online activity during the recent disorder is Tyler Kay, 26.

Northampton Crown Court was told Kay posted on X calling for mass deportation and advising protesters to "mask up", and also retweeted a screenshot of a message inciting action against a named immigration solicitors in the town."

Of course, you could have done your own research rather than glibly insinuating I was wrong. Oh but my mistake - he got 38 months for that, not 24.
So not just retweeting then but 3 separate things pieced together.

A bit like buying an axe isn’t illegal, but using it to break into someone’s house would be

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

If you think that’s just a ‘retweet’ then I’m not sure you can be helped

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

From your link: "Tyler Kay, 26, of Effield Court, Northampton, was jailed for 38 months after stirring up racial hatred by using social media to call for hotels housing asylum seekers to be set alight" and from the judgment:

On Wednesday 7th of August on the social media platform X (Formally known as Twitter), your account named @tyjkay made a public post stating “mass deportation now, set fire to all the f***ing hotels full of the bastards for all I care… if that makes me racist, so be it”. The post added the hashtags: #standwithlucyconnolly #fucknorthamptonshirepolice #conservative #farageriots #riotsuk #northampton.
Following his posting of the message “That’s 100% the plan, plus gloves. No car either so no number plates to travel and a change of clothes nearby”.

F***ing damn right he should have got 38 months. If I incited murder I'd expect a stiff sentence.

ClemFandango

Oct 2, 2023
I don’t think they’ll be happy and stop until he has killed himself.

The intrusion into his life has been vile and disgusting, up there with the demonisation of Liverpool etc. The very worst of the right wing press powered by an innate hatred of the BBC (because they are overwhelmingly made up of the educated classes).

I wish Huw all the best and hope he recovers soon.
This post didn’t age well, did it

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

If you think that’s just a ‘retweet’ then I’m not sure you can be helped
I don't think I need to be "helped" thanks.
I pointed out the two tier nature of justice and gave an example. Had he genuinely "incited murder", he'd have got more than 3 years, so I don't really accept your explanation.

But let's say he did invite murder - if that is the case then Huw Edwards facilitated the rape of small children. Where's his 3 year sentence?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I pointed out the two tier nature of justice and gave an example. Had he genuinely "incited murder", he'd have got more than 3 years, so I don't really accept your explanation.

But let's say he did invite murder - if that is the case then Huw Edwards facilitated the rape of small children. Where's his 3 year sentence?
It’s not two tier though. Look at the average sentences for his crime

ClemFandango

Oct 2, 2023
Just clicked on this thread for the first time and by default it takes you back to the start. Literally every message by the usual knee-jerk Lefties banging on about ‘poor Huw’ and how awful The Sun was for exposing him. Wonder if any of those posters have had time to reflect on just how wrong they were on this. Probably not…

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It’s not two tier though. Look at the average sentences for his crime
Admittedly I haven't done that, so maybe two tier is the wrong thing to say. But there does seem to be a disconnect between proportionality of sentences across different crimes.

However, I still maintain there is a huge two tier issue in British justice. We all saw how Nonce Andrew was treated, and now Huw Edwards has been treated leniently. But on the specific subject of the riots, how come all these working class idiots got jail terms but posh boy Lawrence Fox barely seems to have been looked at? A day before they started, he declared "war" on the establishment and clearly incited what happened. Two tier justice at work right there.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
.... But let's say he did invite murder - if that is the case then Huw Edwards facilitated the rape of small children. Where's his 3 year sentence?
It was actually more a case of the rapes of the children facilitating the gratification of Edwards' perversion.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just clicked on this thread for the first time and by default it takes you back to the start. Literally every message by the usual knee-jerk Lefties banging on about ‘poor Huw’ and how awful The Sun was for exposing him. Wonder if any of those posters have had time to reflect on just how wrong they were on this. Probably not…
It is worth noting that the thread was originally started on a different news story for which all charges were dropped and he was never convicted of, so attempting some form of pathetic point scoring without that context could be deemed as being rather crass.

FWIW The Sun newspaper is, was and always has been and likely will be awful. A pustule on the arse of humanity, and the day it disappears will be a glorious day for humanity.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Admittedly I haven't done that, so maybe two tier is the wrong thing to say. But there does seem to be a disconnect between proportionality of sentences across different crimes.

However, I still maintain there is a huge two tier issue in British justice. We all saw how Nonce Andrew was treated, and now Huw Edwards has been treated leniently. But on the specific subject of the riots, how come all these working class idiots got jail terms but posh boy Lawrence Fox barely seems to have been looked at? A day before they started, he declared "war" on the establishment and clearly incited what happened. Two tier justice at work right there.
But you admit you have no knowledge on this particular subject (specifically the sentencing guidelines for his crime), then immediately say he has been treated leniently.

He hasn’t. He’s been treated in a legal sense exactly the same as a nonce in a council estate committing the same crime. Now the wider question, are sentences for this type of crime too lenient? Perhaps. But that’s not the point you’re making.

On this specific instance, specific to the crime he has been convicted of, his sentence is absolutely in line with guidelines and not an instance of two tier policing by any stretch of the imagination

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
But you admit you have no knowledge on this particular subject (specifically the sentencing guidelines for his crime), then immediately say he has been treated leniently.

He hasn’t. He’s been treated in a legal sense exactly the same as a nonce in a council estate committing the same crime. Now the wider question, are sentences for this type of crime too lenient? Perhaps. But that’s not the point you’re making.

On this specific instance, specific to the crime he has been convicted of, his sentence is absolutely in line with guidelines and not an instance of two tier policing by any stretch of the imagination
Yer but on the flip side there was all that fuss about making examples of people who caused (fairly minor) trouble through fear of the government losing control. Fat bag pushing a trolley at police springs to mind !!

Whereas there was a massive opportunity to throw the book at horrible people that engage in noncey activity. But no , huwey has the best lawyers. Poor huwey would get ripped to shreds in the slammer. I wonder what will happen to those rioters in the nick when they get put in with Asian gangs........

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

But you accept he didn’t just ‘retweet’ something like you originally said? Something you claimed to have researched…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here