Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The worst thing about the six o’clock news last night was that the Huw Edwards story was followed by the Trump assassination piece, both of which are proper news items, but then a DULLARD appeared and started waffling about Manchester City and charges. It made me so angry that I threw a brick through the TV screen and sent Graham Norton the bill.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The worst thing about the six o’clock news last night was that the Huw Edwards story was followed by the Trump assassination piece, both of which are proper news items, but then a DULLARD appeared and started waffling about Manchester City and charges. It made me so angry that I threw a brick through the TV screen and sent Graham Norton the bill.
Stefan Borson ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Now you’ve done it. Two tier Kier will be personally banging you up for five years for the racist abuse of an Asian television.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Now you’ve done it. Two tier Kier will be personally banging you up for five years for the racist abuse of an Asian television.
And no doubt someone will be laughing when there’s PISS and SHIT in my food when doing porridge.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
But you admit you have no knowledge on this particular subject (specifically the sentencing guidelines for his crime), then immediately say he has been treated leniently.

He hasn’t. He’s been treated in a legal sense exactly the same as a nonce in a council estate committing the same crime. Now the wider question, are sentences for this type of crime too lenient? Perhaps. But that’s not the point you’re making.

On this specific instance, specific to the crime he has been convicted of, his sentence is absolutely in line with guidelines and not an instance of two tier policing by any stretch of the imagination
Having read the sentencing report it does feel like he was treated leniently within the guidelines. His depression and alcohol consumption was considered mitigation as a mental disorder, he was not treated as having purchased the material because the payment was determined after the transaction (I think this is ridiculous; once he knew payment was expected he was buying it), he was treated as having desisted but this was not overridden by him asking for material to be sent when he knew it was underage. This is all the result of being able to afford a good lawyer. I bet he also got some very good training on what to say to the psychologists for their reports.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Having read the sentencing report it does feel like he was treated leniently within the guidelines. His depression and alcohol consumption was considered mitigation as a mental disorder, he was not treated as having purchased the material because the payment was determined after the transaction (I think this is ridiculous; once he knew payment was expected he was buying it), he was treated as having desisted but this was not overridden by him asking for material to be sent when he knew it was underage. This is all the result of being able to afford a good lawyer. I bet he also got some very good training on what to say to the psychologists for their reports.
The expert on R5 said that 80% of these crimes are not given a custodial sentence. He is campaigning for stricter sentencing guidelines for judges for these offences that would lead to more prison time for offenders but didn’t believe that this sentence was lenient given the guidelines.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with having good lawyer. Apparently, the defence offered is typical for this type of offence.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
And no doubt someone will be laughing when there’s PISS and SHIT in my food when doing porridge.
I’m always laughing at the bed wetters on here laughing about national treasure pedos they defended 12 months ago, it kinda puts things into perspective.

Like trying to sleep in a PISS soaked mattress……….you KNOW what I mean don’t you.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
From your link: "Tyler Kay, 26, of Effield Court, Northampton, was jailed for 38 months after stirring up racial hatred by using social media to call for hotels housing asylum seekers to be set alight" and from the judgment:

On Wednesday 7th of August on the social media platform X (Formally known as Twitter), your account named @tyjkay made a public post stating “mass deportation now, set fire to all the f***ing hotels full of the bastards for all I care… if that makes me racist, so be it”. The post added the hashtags: #standwithlucyconnolly #fucknorthamptonshirepolice #conservative #farageriots #riotsuk #northampton.
Following his posting of the message “That’s 100% the plan, plus gloves. No car either so no number plates to travel and a change of clothes nearby”.

F***ing damn right he should have got 38 months. If I incited murder I'd expect a stiff sentence.
I bet a review on NSC would identify a number of posts that incite violence on an assortment of individuals including Brexiteers, Tories, Reform supporters, Farage, Boris etc. and no doubt for the sake of balance there are nasty posts about dyed in the wool communists.

Then we add in to that heady brew the ingredients of intolerance, bigotry, ignorance with a foam of drunkenness on the side.

None of those posts should be treated seriously, as neither should posts on Twitter etc. Generally speaking, social media, including NSC is the mechanism by which empty vessels make their noise.

There are people on here that reference contributors posting history as a “career” which in all honesty to the cohort that lurk on this board 24/7/365 kinda makes sense. These people are probably ill and deserve sympathy not condemnation.

Mental illness isn’t just about randomly stabbing children at a Taylor Swift event in Southport y’know.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just clicked on this thread for the first time and by default it takes you back to the start. Literally every message by the usual knee-jerk Lefties banging on about ‘poor Huw’ and how awful The Sun was for exposing him. Wonder if any of those posters have had time to reflect on just how wrong they were on this. Probably not…
I wonder if you will reflect on using this crime to score political points against the 'lefties'.

It's not a good look but if it makes you feel good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Without wishing to derail the thread (but....why not? You already have), I was very impressed with your prediction of at least a 60 point deduction for Citeh.

Did you use an algorithm to predict that, or is it simply aspirational? :wink:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I bet a review on NSC would identify a number of posts that incite violence on an assortment of individuals including Brexiteers, Tories, Reform supporters, Farage, Boris etc. and no doubt for the sake of balance there are nasty posts about dyed in the wool communists.

Then we add in to that heady brew the ingredients of intolerance, bigotry, ignorance with a foam of drunkenness on the side.

None of those posts should be treated seriously, as neither should posts on Twitter etc. Generally speaking, social media, including NSC is the mechanism by which empty vessels make their noise.

There are people on here that reference contributors posting history as a “career” which in all honesty to the cohort that lurk on this board 24/7/365 kinda makes sense. These people are probably ill and deserve sympathy not condemnation.

Mental illness isn’t just about randomly stabbing children at a Taylor Swift event in Southport y’know.
It is an interesting point to make, but if you haven't managed to include a single example of incitement to violence, maybe they are not as numerous as you think.

If we were talking about unsubstantiated nonsense then we would be positively swimming in posts.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Not sure you can play that card when it’s not that long ago a UKIP supporter murdered a serving MP…

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
It was funny when it was JSO, but now they are angry when it’s some violent racists
I think there’s some truth in this point, however it won’t mean the perception of a two tier justice system won’t land on the wider general public.

That’s why “two tier Kier” is finished before he started. He hitched his wagon to a principle of the “full force of the law” for the riots following the murder of children, which was frankly rank political stupidity for a man that merely days ago had spoken about a political administration that would tread lightly on peoples lives.

Had he, or the people around him, a germ of political nous, he would have been appalled etc. but let the judiciary do their job. Two tier Kier would then still be in the falopian tubes of public discourse.

He should have also known he is not trusted by the wider public, and played a straight bat, but him and Rachel Thieves decided cover drives was the best political strategy. Idiots that they are.

Huw Edwards is a sexual degenerate, that only other social degenerates will defend, as they did when the story broke. The canny minded would have kept scrum and wait for the issue to play out before going all in.

Like Huw, some people can’t suppress the urge.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How do you know it was Asian ?
He never mentioned it was Asian did he ?
It could have been Dutch or German.
You’re just stirring up hate

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Not sure you can play that card when it’s not that long ago a UKIP supporter murdered a serving MP…
The card is played.

Did that individual kill that serving MP because of what he read on Twitter or because he concluded she was primarily more concerned about the lives of people in foreign countries than her constituents?

I think many people these consider many MPs are that way inclined, in fact some MPs have been voted into Parliament for that stance.

Two Tier Kier knows that position only too well, hence he is prostrating himself to that constituency, and that is why he had “wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, chanted at him at Doncaster racecourse this weekend.

Hopefully he comes to another racecourse soon and I can get my chanting voice together.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Good question . . . . From what little I've read there's a whiff of set up/profiteering going on there. And where did he get the images from . . .

I've not been following this In detail . . . . And have no afinity/sympathy. HE's been really stupid, but is also unwell . . . I do wonder if the 'supplier' has played a part in making matters worse.

From what I have read its photo's. And yes they're wrong, he has said no to things, but they kept coming, but he's not cut the chord of communication. Which would have been the obvious thing to do . .

What's perceived as 'public' money ( definitely his salary the last 6m-year when he wasn't working!) should go to help those victimised in the photo's, or those who help and support victims who are no doubt under funded/supported . . . The BBC should make that call publicly and someone 'lean on him' to make sure it's honoured . . .

H.E.'s life and career are ruined . . . His family broken apart etc etc . . . I wouldn't be surprised if he tops himself. He's already been vilified here by people who, like the vast majority of us, know nothing . . .imagine what the gutter press and their ilk will be doing To fuel the idiocy.

An unwell man without doubt, but I don't think he's a 'peado' or a 'nonce' as several have suggested here already. He's not Gary Glitter, Andy from Windsor or Jimmy Saville. Just another 'married with kids gay bloke' caught in a very successful high profile career who couldn't break out of his closet cleanly . . .nothing new there.

No sympathy, but the punishment seems appropriate.

2 tin hats on tonight if the Mail/Sun readers are online 😂
What we DO know is that he had multiple images. Seven of them in Cat A and 3 of them involving children aged 7 - 9. That makes him both a "paedo" and a "nonce" in my book.

It scares me that we have this man walking the streets and basically having every opportunity to continue to act in this way.

There is something wrong with our sentencing guidelines that somebody contributing to the serious sexual abuse of children is not locked away although him making "I've got mental health" trumps seems to have helped.

In case anybody has forgotten, Cat A images involve rape, bdsm or animals. Think about that.

I have a three year old grandchild, and another on the way next month, and I would feel so much happier knowing that Edwards and his ilk are banged up and not able to abuse other young children.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Personally I think Edwards is incredibly lucky to not be locked up.

The new information (new to me, it may have been available to those following the case more closely) was that he seemed to be actively soliciting this kind of content, (“go on then”) rather than what I understood, he did nothing while someone sent it to him.

Given this, the sentencing guidelines surely should give no chance of being given a suspended sentence. I understand that those are the guidelines in place and the two tier stuff is obvious ignorance, but the sentence seems incredibly light for the offence.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
It is an interesting point to make, but if you haven't managed to include a single example of incitement to violence, maybe they are not as numerous as you think.

If we were talking about unsubstantiated nonsense then we would be positively swimming in posts.
You’re quite right, I always look at a posters miles on the clock which helps put the needle to the dial on just how much nonsense they post.

Life is for living innit, drinking with your mates and shagging the wife. Not stuck on here between bouts of xhamster.

North Stand Chat amongst the living normal populace is also known as Nobody Sad Case……..as an ex poster said to me on train after Ipswich.

Really I exclaimed, then we both laughed heartily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here