Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hurzelers tactics

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well probably need a team of 10 forwards to counteract how many goals we'll let in, given FH game is possession based, attack minded and less priority on defence.

Edit: oh f**k :rolleyes:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Doesn't really go into enough depth on his tactics but it's a nice introduction and looks like there is a lot of similarities to how we already play. It would be nice to see more about how this "no midfield" works. Really need a 442 insight like with McKenna where they really break down how the manager plays.

Well probably need a team of 10 forwards to counteract how many goals we'll let in, given FH game is possession based, attack minded and less priority on defence.

I don't think he completely abandons the defensive sides of the game St Pauli still had the best defensive record in their league last season. The video mentions how they setup if the initial press doesn't work when they loss possession.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A little confused why this warrants a new thread because there loads of stuff about his tactics being discussed and posted on the Hürzeler thread, including now several times the above video. However, on the the first post of the other thread , I posted a link that contains a very detailed analysis on Fabi-ball and how it fits in with our existing system.

This is the article to read IMHO if you really want to understand the Hürzeler system - it also details the roles of each outlier and GK in the St Pauli squad. From here it is possible to see who our key players could be next season and whether they are up for the job - suffice to say, if a squad from the edge of the relegation zone down to 3.Bundesliga, having lost their manager and several key players can get to the Bundesliga in one and a half seasons, without spending any big money on players, it’s a bust for me.

(and I think FH will be more creative with the tools he has than spend too much time pining for the ones he doesn’t based on his recent sucess with St Pauli that clearly out-performed his available recourses.)

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Pretty sure he'll be very decent. Still doesn't address the central issue tho of having a squad full of young kids and old men and not very much substance in between. That's one for the board to address
Hopefully the new medical guy and fitness guru will have a positive influence on who is available and keep some of the older players fitter for longer. Injuries to important players really did stuff us last year.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
He plays with rush goalies ...............and we're all over the place..............and hopefully all over Palace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here