Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hurzelers tactics

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Nobody fancies Baleba for that role? Might still be a bit raw, but RDZ's comment that Baleba plays better with the game happening in front of him rather than around him is ringing in my ears.
Yes - I certainly do

RDZ played him as a kind of libero once last season when we were missing half our defenders through injury ( and maybe match bans). He played a sweeper/DMF dropping back into a CB position when we were out of possession.

I thought he handled it well and was clearly more comfortable having play in front of him.

With a bit of training, it’s a role he could shine in. Buonanotte heavily favoured his left foot when we signed him and has become much stronger on his right now - players can improve their weaker foot as I believe Baleba still can. Yes, if not impressing by October/Novem then maybe some posters were right and he should go out on loan in January. I’d like him to have a chance though.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Yes - I certainly do

RDZ played him as a kind of libero once last season when we were missing half our defenders through injury ( and maybe match bans). He played a sweeper/DMF dropping back into a CB position when we were out of possession.

I thought he handled it well and was clearly more comfortable having play in front of him.

With a bit of training, it’s a role he could shine in. Buonanotte heavily favoured his left foot when we signed him and has become much stronger on his right now - players can improve their weaker foot as I believe Baleba still can. Yes, if not impressing by October/Novem then maybe some posters were right and he should go out on loan in January. I’d like him to have a chance though.
One of the benefits of youthful talent. The youngsters can improve and adapt and we can grow stronger. Until they want to move on of course!!

kelvinnewman

Aug 17, 2023
Gross splitting the centrebacks in ther liverpool game

Including where Gross giving away a penalty when in the role o_O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here