Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hurzeler or Rydstrom [Potter rules himself out]

Please don’t merge. Prefer Hurzeler, Rydstrom, Martin, or other, as new manager?

• Fabian Hurzeler

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Russell Martin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
We've identified some candidates and are sounding them out, I would have thought that was the plan?

It appears that they are rejecting us, rather than the other way around. We aren't getting any of our top candidates.

That's not to say the names further down the list won't be any good - but they're increasingly risky.

Hurzeler seems the best of a bad bunch, but there's no guarantee that he will want to join us either.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Perchance, the club have let Potter know that his services are not required at this time rather than him ruling himself out? If indeed Potter was under consideration at all. The so called "short list" is just guess work based om mainly betting activity
We arent necessarily down to our 5th choice, perhaps we have just been assessing possible candidates, their likley availability, and then maybe speaking to a few of them to see who is best fit, available, wanting to come.

We are a mid table , well run prem club, not a global footballing super power who have the pull to just have managers up sticks and move. An atractive proposition for developing managers,but its delusional to think we are more than that.

We have undoubtedly moved up the pecking order over the past few years-but we are a long long way from the top yet

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
It appears that they are rejecting us, rather than the other way around. We aren't getting any of our top candidates.

That's not to say the names further down the list won't be any good - but they're increasingly risky.

Hurzeler seems the best of a bad bunch, but there's no guarantee that he will want to join us either.
There's one that we know of isn't there? McKenna. Potter was always speculation IMO, and a long shot as both he and the club know there is baggage. I don't think it was ever serious.

We know nothing about the club's moves realistically so saying it is all going wrong is entirely guesswork.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A couple of things about that.

Firstly, why exactly does he feel the need to put that out there, rather than just, you know, not saying anything?

Secondly, why does she announce the news as though she's not only not heard it before, but had never spoken English before, and then basically repeat word for word what the other guy said but with a slightly different tone of voice?
Yes, how she ever got that job - or indeed, any job - is beyond me. What a terrible (lack of) incisive punditry, and a waste of space.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A couple of things about that.

Firstly, why exactly does he feel the need to put that out there, rather than just, you know, not saying anything?

Secondly, why does she announce the news as though she's not only not heard it before, but had never spoken English before, and then basically repeat word for word what the other guy said but with a slightly different tone of voice?

Pads out time :lolol:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Pads out time :lolol:
"In the absence of actual news or insight, here are some kittens to tide you over for the next 25minutes:
raw
"

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

f*** it, I’ve had enough of being rejected and am now off to support the up and coming team of the 20’s - Palace, with four of the Euro winners, it is then.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Sooo, it's a crazy Swede or a zweite Bundesliga gaffer? Is that all there is out there? Will be a long summer...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The Man Who Sold The World

He's young with lovely hair
I didn't know his name
Although I wasn't there
"He's great" emailed a friend
Which came as some surprise
Because he normally lies
"Come and make this your home
The Italian had to go"

[Chorus]
Oh no, we need
A new guy in control
His face, is ace
Fa-bi-an Hur-zeh-eh-ler

What?
I think it should be just so you can go down a 'The Doors' route.

There aren't nearly enough football songs featuring The Doors.
Exactly the one I was thinking of

Ryder Rydestrom

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Admit to being a little disappointed is not Potter, will find it difficult to watch him being successful elsewhere, but so be it.

If it is the Hurzeler fella his football looks exciting, but i am a little concerned he's younger than several of our players, hasn't been in management long and never managed in a top flight and thus not managed international calibre players. Will certainly need time to settle and the premier league isn't very forgiving.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
At least Potter knows where he isn't wanted. If he ever was in the running to come back that is. I never thought that Mr Chairman was the kind of fella who gives out second chances to screw him over.

We move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here