Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hurzeler or Rydstrom [Potter rules himself out]

Please don’t merge. Prefer Hurzeler, Rydstrom, Martin, or other, as new manager?

• Fabian Hurzeler

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Russell Martin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
A firm no to Potter’s return. I’d take either of the other two happily. Potter’s manner of leaving and comments post-leaving preclude any future return. Bridges well and truly burnt.

Good riddance to the fragile young fool. He can take his particular brand of eMoTiOnAl InTeLlIgEnCe elsewhere.
I am no Potter hater, but I always thought the whole "he's got a Masters degree in emotional intelligence" or whatever it was very odd.

If you need to pay someone to teach you emotional intelligence, that doesn't say much for your emotional intelligence.

Sometimes I think that as soon as anyone in football has even the most basic of formal education, people assume they're a genius. See also - "Mitoma's got a degree in dribbling!!!!"

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It's going to be Hurzeler. The appointment criteria is spot on. Relatively unknown doing well in a second division somewhere. The appointment if it happens has me purring. Young, ambitious, won the German Championship with a club that are not small and are principled. Has a footballing philosophy that is not dissimilar to RdeZ and therefore he won't be teaching an entire squad a full set of new tricks.
I'm already on the 'Hurzeler Express' and looking forward to the ride!

TNBA

TTF

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's going to be Hurzeler. The appointment criteria is spot on. Relatively unknown doing well in a second division somewhere. The appointment if it happens has me purring. Young, ambitious, won the German Championship with a club that are not small and are principled. Has a footballing philosophy that is not dissimilar to RdeZ and therefore he won't be teaching an entire squad a full set of new tricks.

TNBA

TTF
Yep I'm in.

No good reason for it, other than I have been in a very negative space on this for a while, and I need to kick start my mojo, before preseason starts.
The Potter news doesn't hurt either.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Proven? Not seen anything confirming interest from the club itself. Still all rumors I’m afraid.
The only thing you will get from the club is, the new manager is !!!! What interest would you like or expect to see ? I'm not trying to be smart here but interested in what would give you/us any hint from the club.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

TNBA

TTF
Hmmm don't think the normal criteria is zero top flight experience from any country. It's a big risk. But in Tony we trust.

Would be typical if we couldn't get a work permit now.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That kills 1,000’s of posts, multiple threads and has just ruined the weekend for the dozens of his nsc disciples.
I quite liked the idea of Potter coming back, but that doesn't make me 'a disciple' - and it certainly won't be spoiling my weekend. I very much doubt it will spoil many, if any, other's weekends either. The Potter haters, on the other hand, will be turning cartwheels of joy, as demonstrated by posts on here since about 9 o'clock!
:lolol:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That kills 1,000’s of posts, multiple threads and has just ruined the weekend for the dozens of his nsc disciples.

Thank fcuk for that announcement from Potter on a number of levels :clap:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I am no Potter hater, but I always thought the whole "he's got a Masters degree in emotional intelligence" or whatever it was very odd.

If you need to pay someone to teach you emotional intelligence, that doesn't say much for your emotional intelligence.

Sometimes I think that as soon as anyone in football has even the most basic of formal education, people assume they're a genius. See also - "Mitoma's got a degree in dribbling!!!!"
I obviously don't know the finer details of Potter's course, but masters degrees really aren't (or shouldn't be) about learning how to do the title subject. It's not like doing evening classes in "Not Being A Twat" or "Learn to Kick a Ball Better In 16 Weeks".

He may well have picked up certain specifics that might be useful with particular players, but that's not really the point. It's "learning to learn" or however you want to put it without throwing up.
Somebody could do a masters in Medievel English and it would probably give you some skills that would be handy in football management, or anything really.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Nope, didnt want that man anywhere near the club.
That's not "sanity returning" though is it? It's just not being incredibly pissed off.

If they appointed Jeff Beck's corpse being used as a ventriloquist dummy by Ken Clarke with his arm up his arse I wouldn't call it "sane". It could still happen. :lolol:

Edit: Unless he was cremated, in which case insert the name of a different recently deceased rock god.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here