Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
it is a breath of fresh air to see teams like stoke "bully" the likes of so called giants of football at home

Exactly.
I don't see how managers haven't been seeing what football fans have been saying for years about how teams like Arsenal can't stand it when you bully them. Teams like Bolton and Stoke have proven this.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Anyone else enjoying their current freefall after they were talking about a european spot 6 months ago?

Bearing mind that a mere eight seasons ago we beat them home and away in what is now League Two there's no delight in seeing their plight. Teams like Hull and Wigan are what we should be trying to emanate but you obviously cannot see that.

Call yourself a football fan ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not really. they were talking about a european spot because thats where they were in the table, same as any club would in that position.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Doesn't make me happy in any way. As others have said - that is the route we would want to take to the top and I'd like to believe it is still possible for clubs from lower leagues to progress to the top and stay there. Sadly, I don't think it is possible any longer. Stoke may have done it but for how long?

Equally, when we go up to the (laughably named) Championship, how will we compete with the parachute payment brigade? Tis a great shame but the days of teams like Brighton winning there way to the top simply be being better than the other teams are over. You get to the top if a super rich individual puts lots of money in. End of.

Good luck to Hull - a genuinely good club. Bad luck to Newcastle, who could do with a dose of reality.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
It gives me no pleasure to see Hull struggle - they are exactly what we should look to replicate and I love watching the smug, holier than thou smirks wiped from the faces of the MotD pundits.

Stoke the same - great fans, a fantastic manager who has delivered an incredible seasons achievement.

They have refused to spend ridiculous money a la Bradford, Sheffield Wed to stay in the premier league but instead ahve worked with what they have in a style that gave them the best chance of success.

Far more realistic than Mowbray who seems to live on planet moron - to think that he could even compete with the likes of mid-table Premiership sides when it comes to pure footballing ability - still staggered that people think they deserve praise for what is something that was doomed to failure from day 1.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I join the others in saying I take no pleasure from Hull's demise. I love it when unfancied teams do well and exceed expectations. The big clubs with their ooodles of cash, overpaid tarts for players, prawn sandwich spectators and the media need to realise that football is not all about them. So, no laughs here about Hull and well done Stoke.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not enjoying it because they are going to save the geordies at this rate.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
They've certainly got it all to do.They were absolutely dire last night.But as the cliche says(if it isn't injured again),the tables don't lie.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Nope. Not me. They're a template for how we can move forward as a club in a new stadium.

Don't understand your logic one bit.

Absolutely correct.Anyway,Nobby Horton:bowdown: is the assistant manager....the best Albion captain in my time of supporting the club and a nice guy as well,so good luck to Hull!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont like seeing Hull struggle either. Personally I would love a premiership full of teams like Hull, Wigan, Preston (maybe) next season.

Template for us firstly and what we can hopefully do, plus means armchair fans getting a fix of Boro v Stoke or Hull v Wigan makes me laugh. £30+ a month for that. f*** off.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The thing that did Hull in was their manager. Too much up his own arse.

The Britney mike, the orange tan and the suits were bad enough but the bad loosing interviews and the "look at me, look at me" half time talk on the pitch were the undoing.

Buying Bulliard without a proper medical or against medical advice, Marlon King and the other problems in the dressing room presumably caused by Phil Brown haven't done much good either.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Hull are no template for anyone unless you want to sell your fanbase down the river as soon as you hit the premiership (the view of many Hull fans I believe), and have that pull up the ladder attitude when you have been in the premier league 5 minutes (one that is looking very ridiculous now).

All this you cannot be a genuine football fan if you do not embrace the 'little guy' shaking up the prem is utter bollocks. Yet again, selective romanticism over who is 'worthy' of goodwill. Poor old Luton (a club rotten to the core for many years) but horrible old Leeds, the usual simplistic misty eyed rubbish is trotted out by the usual suspects.

The same boring old back of the Sun cliched rubbish repeated parrot fashion and dressed up as football knowledge is what I read in many of these posts.

Well done Stoke too! What the f*** for? Certainly not for their great happy clappy balloon wielding fans or exciting football. No, because they are 'little'. They wont seem so little when they are bashing people up in Brighton and not playing the chummy chummy game that is so popular on here.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Hull have done what we are looking to do - and all credit to them for that.

However it does show how important the manager is to the public face of the club - because Phil Brown has come over as a right tosser - and that affects people's attitude to the club. Including mine - as it would be amusing to see him relegated.

But as a Club. More power to them. It is not so long ago we were on the terraces at the old stadium and they looked like they were going nowhere.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well done Stoke too! What the f*** for? Certainly not for their great happy clappy balloon wielding fans or exciting football. No, because they are 'little'.
For staying up with limited resources and without pandering to the sort of "at least they try to play football" MOTD cliches that get trotted out whenever West Brom are mentioned - a club who have looked doomed since October.

Stoke are a yard-stick for the quality of the division IMO. Brilliantly organised, great use of the long throw, home ground now a real fortress. They do the basics really well, especially at home. If we ever get to the Prem, I hope we play in that manner.

You're right about Luton though - I've never liked them really.

Ipswich_Seagull

The Ipswich Seagull
Apr 6, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
I think it's great to see a small(er) club sticking it's fingers up to bigger clubs. Could you imagine what it was like for their fans when they beat Arsenal at the Emirates? Must have been amazing for the away faithfull, especially celebrating their 2nd goal.

Unfortunately, they have totally lost their way and are now looking in real trouble.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
I hope Hull Get Relegated, Stay In The Championship Next Year Get Destroyed 7-0 home and away by us as they finish the season on 6 points (beating palace twice) and then going to free fall to the point where there in the Sheffield and Burton Agnes northern League Division 4 with 3 fans One of which is a Woman Convicted of Eating Puppys :clap2:

If we do play them I'm going duck shooting :thumbsup:

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
dont want them to go down, but then i dont really care if they do. Again i dont really care if Newcastle go down either but it would be interesting to see how many of the "greatest fans in the world" turn up at St. James's on a cold wet december tuesday night against Barnsley or Peterborough if they are struggling. I am old enough to remember them having gates of 12-14000 in just that situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here