I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You mean half a season wonders?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
i genuinely think last seasons Derby team would beat them. They were dreadful again today. I think we'll be seeing them in two seasons time.
Hopefully they won't even be one season wonders and will go down this season.

Hull, Newcastle and West Brom for the drop.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why the delight in seeing a side that has gone from League 2 to 3rd place in the Prem struggling?

Aren't they the template for clubs like us? And it's not as if they came up with delusions of grandeur either.

Whoever goes down will deserve to go down.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
4/11 to get relegated at the start of the season and 25/1 at Christmas

Wonder if anyone had a punt!?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Anyone else enjoying their current freefall after they were talking about a european spot 6 months ago?

Not at all - their early season success was one of the most refreshing and exciting stories in the Premiership in years. Not quite sure what's gone wrong there, even if they lost confidence they surely must have the quality to win at least a handful of games in the second half of the season - they only needed a few more points for survival months ago.

Their slide has only been made up for by Stoke's success, and hopefully Stoke will be safe this year (not mathematically safe yet but another point will surely do it and they might not even need that). What a shame that two newly promoted clubs couldn't prove everyone wrong and do respectably.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not really. I like any new team (apart from Palace or Portsmouth) in the premiership to stay up. It really freshens up what is a very dull set of teams down at the bottom. For that reason I think Stoke are absolutely brilliant for the way they put established noses out of joint and get results their way. Hull were the same until christmas, so I think it would be a shame if they go straight back down.

Hull deserve to go straight back down for being too complacent.
Stoke play dreadful football but they've done well to stay up.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not really. I like any new team (apart from Palace or Portsmouth) in the premiership to stay up. It really freshens up what is a very dull set of teams down at the bottom. For that reason I think Stoke are absolutely brilliant for the way they put established noses out of joint and get results their way. Hull were the same until christmas, so I think it would be a shame if they go straight back down.

Well said.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hull fans think they are now the number 1 club in Yorkshire.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
If it was a straight choice between Hull and Newcastle to go down I know who I'D rather see go down...

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Agree completely. What I love most about Stoke is the fact that all the pundits have got all arsy about the audacity of Stoke to attempt to play anything other than attractive football. The fact is they have found a formula that works; they may be route one but they also have great team spirit and have managed to keep the belief that they can get results even when they've lost more games than won. Pulis must be close to manager of the season, he's managed to turn the Brittania into a fortress (which is why they've done so well) and has gone about his job quietly and effectively rather than Brown who has gone for stunts (and that's made him look a bit silly) or Mowbray who went for style (don't doubt he's a great manager and good for football but it's a little tiresome hearing how West Brom deserve to stay up because of their footballing principles).

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
How have Hull been complacent?

And say what you like about Stoke's football, for me they've been the team of the year. Pulis is a superb manager. He knew they wouldn't be able to play football against prem sides and get results, so he's created a style that suits his players. And it works very well. Their fans should also take a bow for creating an intimidating atmosphere, because all of that combined has ensured their home results will keep them up. I can't praise them highly enough. Compare that with that utter twat at West Brom who thought he could play a passing, attacking game AND stay up. Now that is complacency. And delusion. And being thick-as-shit.

Stop beating me to it! :lolol:

It must be the Slade magic if I am in complete harmony with you TCB!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It was cringeworthy to see the old boys club of Hansen, Lawrenson and Lineker smirking between themselves when Stoke were shown earlier in the season. They derided their style, took the piss out of the long throw, and Alan 'I'll always say the safe option' Hansen wrote them off. And now they've had to begrudgingly credit them for being bloody effective. Stoke play within the rules, noone can deny that. So what if they launch a throw in into the box from 40 yards? Noone moans when teams put corners into the six yard box, so why shouldn't Stoke utilise a fantastic weapon? And noone moans when Chelsea hoof it up to Drogba, so what's wrong with a less talented version aiming at James Beattie or Ricardo Fuller?

well said again

lancingtroop

Jul 7, 2008
it is a breath of fresh air to see teams like stoke "bully" the likes of so called giants of football at home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here