Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City fans not happy with us....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Personally it was a f***ing shambles. The club knew in advance so why wait so long?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Some, but why can't they get a train back to hull? Say they get out by 8 at the latest, they'd be back to london by no later than 10. Are there really no trains that late to hull on a saturday night? Trains to brighton go quite late from london, but is that just because it's only an hour ish journey/direct?

Admittedly, I don't do the train journey for footie, so may not be appreciating the delays.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Some, but why can't they get a train back to hull? Say they get out by 8 at the latest, they'd be back to london by no later than 10. Are there really no trains that late to hull on a saturday night?

No, they will get stuck at Doncaster overnight.

Bloody shambles by the club - agree with TMLS.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My parent company is based near Hull and we have people up and down the line to London every day for meetings. The train service is shockingly bad. Last train from Kings Cross weekdays is around 8pm. Miss that and you're screwed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Last train from Kings X to Hull with one change is 20.00

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Who care's about the away team's travel arrangements? That's the problem on here we are too nice to all visiting supporters ???

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair enough.

Perhaps the club were hoping having a 5.30 kick off might sway sky to broadcast, and were holding out so they could blame them instead (not that it excuses them, of course)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My parent company is based near Hull and we have people up and down the line to London every day for meetings. The train service is shockingly bad. Last train from Kings Cross weekdays is around 8pm. Miss that and you're screwed.

Well, if you get an 8pm train out of London heading for Hull, I presume you'll be crossing the Arctic circle, about, say 11 the following morning, with still another 500 miles north to go. It's a long way up there.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe we can Go Orange that day to show solidarity with Hull fans :drunk:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can't disagree too much, I would have thought that decision could have been made very shortly after the fixtures were released. Have a lot of sympathy for away fans generally, getting from Falmer to Brighton to London, across, and anywhere else is not going to be easy (or impossible) for later kick-offs.

One area where I would take issue with him is his view that the reason was "because the local university is holding its open day that afternoon and so its car park – which doubles up as a matchday car park – was needed for visitors. This reason is, when looked at neutrally, comical, frivolous and distinctly small-time".

That comes from someone not aware of the situation. We know what the problems are now, a match without that car park would be carnage.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Some, but why can't they get a train back to hull? Say they get out by 8 at the latest, they'd be back to london by no later than 10. Are there really no trains that late to hull on a saturday night? Trains to brighton go quite late from london, but is that just because it's only an hour ish journey/direct?

Admittedly, I don't do the train journey for footie, so may not be appreciating the delays.

If we kicked off at 3.00 pm, the last train leaves Falmer at 5:31 pm. With engineering works, they might have even be home the same day.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If you did, you'd realise that fans book train tickets weeks if not months in advance to get cheaper fares. These are non-refundable tickets, and are for set trains.

And thats what I have done for Ipswich and Brum.

£12 return from Liv St and Euston respectively.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That comes from someone not aware of the situation. We know what the problems are now, a match without that car park would be carnage.

I think his point is that we rely on another entity for our parking and that makes us small time.

Merseyside Seagull

Dec 18, 2003
Wirral
I've come a cropper the following week. Booked train tickets (x2)from home (Liverpool) to Brighton foir the West Ham game, then not content from just changing the time, the match is moved to Monday night. Advance yrain tickets are non refundable!! That's £100 down the swanny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here