Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huge Breaking News - Kerry Mayo Testimonial

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Kerry Mayo might not be the most talented player we've got but he'd run through brick walls for us.There's not many that would.

Well pissed off I can't be there as I'm on holiday because he deserves this and I hope he gets a good turnout.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mr turd said:
Bet its season ticket holders who get priority:glare:

Quite right.

Those who have contributed to the club all year round :p

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
if the tickets are first come first served ,what about regular fans who are away over the next couple of weeks? or is it a case of "if you were a real fan you'd have cancelled your holidays"?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
How do testimonials work, do the players get all the ticket income or just the excess over costs?.

Either way be nice for some of us unable to get to the game to contribute directly into Kerry's fund somehow. Not convinced that buying merchandise as mentioned in ask the club would give him the biggest share.
Perhaps some kind of souvenir ticket that won't take up a seat that someone else could use?

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
munster monch said:
How do testimonials work, do the players get all the ticket income or just the excess over costs?.

Either way be nice for some of us unable to get to the game to contribute directly into Kerry's fund somehow. Not convinced that buying merchandise as mentioned in ask the club would give him the biggest share.
Perhaps some kind of souvenir ticket that won't take up a seat that someone else could use?

The player will receive the net profit after all costs have been paid. (and unfortunately in the case of Withdean, these are SUBSTANTIAL)

There are eight events taking place over the year so plenty of other chances to support Kerry - but the brochure will be a good starting point - it will be on sale at tehe Reading, Crewe and Plymouth matches as well as the testimonial, and also throughout the year in the club shop and at the events.

At a lot of the events there will be raffles and auctions - for each of which the proceeds will, in effect, go straight to Kerry as there is no costs involved (other than buying a book of raffle tickets :) )

Last edited:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
the wanderbus said:
if the tickets are first come first served ,what about regular fans who are away over the next couple of weeks? or is it a case of "if you were a real fan you'd have cancelled your holidays"?

Postal applications will be possible.

We would be very surprised (but delighted of course) if we sell out inside a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Robert Lester Zamora said:
The player will receive the net profit after all costs have been paid. (and unfortunately in the case of Withdean, these are SUBSTANTIAL)

Hang on, we make losses every home game, does Kerry realise that the club will be asking him to cough up after the game :lolol:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Yorkie said:
Quite right.

Those who have contributed to the club all year round :p
Guess you would like there to be 7k at falmer every week just to keep your loyal clan together:lolol:

Thought not,lets not forget the other 10k+ are the clubs future aswell:clap:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
mr turd said:
Bet its season ticket holders who get priority:glare:

We will be discussing this with the club and will ultimately sway to their informed judgment.

Pros: the usual season ticket holders arguments which I won/t repeat here.

cons: we will only have around three weeks to sell the tickets, so any delay could impact sales

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
munster monch said:
Hang on, we make losses every home game, does Kerry realise that the club will be asking him to cough up after the game :lolol:

This is of course a slight worry - should the attendance be poor (i.e. LDV-like). The nightmare scenario is if, after all the hard work in organising, we only break even so no money is raised.

We also have to bear in mind that the last testimonial, for Jock and Malcolm a few years ago, only mustered a little over 3,000 attendees

Hopefully though, the package that we are putting together will attract a large crowd.

...and Wardy is just the first of those to be made public.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
That is a worry, perhaps you might like to consider the souvenir ticket thing for us ex pats who in most probability won't make any of the events. That way we can boost the takings without actually taking up a seat.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that is a better date.

I was playing cricket for the first date.

I will be there

wooooooooooohooooooooooooo

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
that is a better date.

I was playing cricket for the first date.

I will be there

wooooooooooohooooooooooooo

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

It was a shameless bounce by someone. Still the same date as before!

First post was in 2005. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here