Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hürzeler's pre-Ipswich presser

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
The way FH, when asked about Weiffer, said that Kadioglu gives us another option there, suggests to me that there is a possibility that we might see a centre midfielder, Jack Hinshelwood starting at left back and a left back, Ferdi Kadioglu, starting in centre midfield. It's like 1970s Holland* around here lately.

* - I know, but in the 1970s nobody called them the Netherlands.
If we’re considered in the same breath as that wonderful Dutch*😊 team that’s impressive!

For me it’s the quality of subs that’s a key difference too

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'd rather not compare the two atm, but would add about Minteh that his pressing is off-the-scale, and has enabled us to win the ball back high up the pitch several times, and I don't see that changing.
Totally agree. And he covers the ground so quickly, we’ve won possession a fair few times with rushed clearances from defenders when they see Minteh steaming towards them at 100mph

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Game of opinions and all that, I'm the opposite. I think Minteh is brilliant and not quite appreciated enough on here YET. I think he's got more goals and assists in him than Adingra now and he starts ahead of him every single time for me. Adingra couldn't do what Minteh did to get our first goal against Everton and our goal against Arsenal, Minteh is quicker and stronger, you can see defenders are shit scared of him as well as the fact he helps out defensively. Adingra can be quite lightweight at times.

I like Adingra and he's a useful option from the bench but that's where he's best for me. Plus, I prefer him in his favoured position on the left so I think Fabian has got it just right by starting Mitoma and then bringing Adingra on for him late on against tired defences.

Good options!
This. Minteh is an absolute beast. He’s terrifying top-class defenders.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Verbruggen
Kadioglu Van Hecke Dunk Estupinan
Hinshelwood Baleba
Minteh Joao Pedro Mitoma
Welbeck

Another round of not picking Steele and injury has taken care of Milner! I think that Evan Ferguson will become first choice striker, but for now I think this is the strongest team available. Wieffer and O'Reilly would probably be the midfield pair if everyone was fit and maybe Gruda instead of Minteh but otherwise, this is wonderful.
Kadioglu is a left back, Pervis is rusty as f***.
Why would you do this when we have a real right back?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Can see Rutter starting for Pedro depending on his time of arrival.

Same for Mitoma and whoever else was away on international duty.

Would not be suprised with a few changes.
As he is Cup tied for Wednesday, it might make sense to start him on Saturday. But perhaps instead of Minteh?

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Personally I think it will just be a slower integration. He was looking likely to be in the German euro squad before injury. If the plan was he wasn’t going to get minutes he would have gone out on loan to develop. Even with this short term injury he would have been snapped up by a decent club for the season.
Are we talking Gruda? My reliable German BVB mate described him as a great acquisition but “one for the future”.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
As he is Cup tied for Wednesday, it might make sense to start him on Saturday. But perhaps instead of Minteh?
Struggling to see the ‘sense’ in FH not wanting to not start one of our strongest signings this season?

He’s fast, he‘s aggressive, a tour de force on the ball, he’s absolutely changed a very weak area of the pitch for us last season into a nightmare for opposing defenders.

Have you forgotten this already?

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Ferdi is a right back who has been playing at left back recently.
For now, Hinshelwood is the strongest option in RFB.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I don't agree lads, I think he is a CM longer term but his understanding of the game is fantastic and well ahead of his years. I'm all for him getting gametime wherever he can, and we saw Pascal Gross start games at full back. I think he's a temporary measure there, because he's going to have a career where he's scoring goals and getting assists and really impacting games. I think that's what he's all about, but for now he's finding his way in the game and getting him on the pitch is the key.
I'm not sure what interview it was the other week where someone was talking about just how much Jack pays attention. Specifically mentioned that while he wouldn't have played left back before this season that every time he's been in earshot of a LB being coached he'll have listened.
Anyhow I agree that a player as smart as he seems will eventually end up in midfield, and that quite possibly his rate of improvement as a midfielder will not be reduced by playing elsewhere.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
For now, Hinshelwood is the strongest option in RFB.
Disagree. He did an excellent job when needed last season but at the heights we hope to reach this term I think we need 'real' full backs. I think at some point Jack would be found out, as Tariq was.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Disagree. He did an excellent job when needed last season but at the heights we hope to reach this term I think we need 'real' full backs. I think at some point Jack would be found out, as Tariq was.
I think Tariq was found out because his speed dropped off after injury imo and his decision-making is questionable at times.

Hinshelwood is not only a better all round player than Lamptey but has a Gross-like football intelligence. Although Hinsh was playing RB last season, he still played high at times and often into the oppo’s half - under RDZ Hinsh was used more like an FB - (when Igor was standing in for Pervis) RDZ opting to build from a 3-1 or a 3-2 (depending on the opposition), bringing the left back into the back 3 and pushing Hinshelwood up, either to hold width on the right or join the midfield.

Heat map from 2023/4

IMG_1265.jpeg

We know Hinsh is a versatile player - ok, he may not be the fastest player in the pack, nor a great carrier of the ball but has enough acceleration to chase down players and cover long distances at a decent speed. Like the some of the best fullbacks, his shorter legs and low centre of gravity has meant he adapted well to that position last season imo and he seldom loses possession because what he loses in speed he makes up with manoeuvrability. With Minteh dropping deeper into MF, I can see Hinsh doing very well in a FB/lateral MF position, even in the final third where his ability to find pockets of space off the ball could be really helpful in breaking down low blocks.

I think he’s still too lightweight and needs to bulk out and still has the condition/perseverance of a 19 yr old as well as needing more experience but we absolutely should start him somewhere on the pitch imo.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fabian Hürzeler is a very impressive speaker, his replies to questions come across as very measured and respectful.
If it turns out that he can also create a successful winning team we will have a young future star in our ranks.

p.s. It's disappointing that whoever the rookie is that created this thread couldn't spell his family name correctly.
Or am I being whooshed and it's another case of "Were Loose" ?

Talk is cheap, he’s a charlatan.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I think Tariq was found out because his speed dropped off after injury imo and his decision-making is questionable at times.

Hinshelwood is not only a better all round player than Lamptey but has a Gross-like football intelligence. Although Hinsh was playing RB last season, he still played high at times and often into the oppo’s half - under RDZ Hinsh was used more like an FB - (when Igor was standing in for Pervis) RDZ opting to build from a 3-1 or a 3-2 (depending on the opposition), bringing the left back into the back 3 and pushing Hinshelwood up, either to hold width on the right or join the midfield.

Heat map from 2023/4

View attachment 188856

We know Hinsh is a versatile player - ok, he may not be the fastest player in the pack, nor a great carrier of the ball but has enough acceleration to chase down players and cover long distances at a decent speed. Like the some of the best fullbacks, his shorter legs and low centre of gravity has meant he adapted well to that position last season imo and he seldom loses possession because what he loses in speed he makes up with manoeuvrability. With Minteh dropping deeper into MF, I can see Hinsh doing very well in a FB/lateral MF position, even in the final third where his ability to find pockets of space off the ball could be really helpful in breaking down low blocks.

I think he’s still too lightweight and needs to bulk out and still has the condition/perseverance of a 19 yr old as well as needing more experience but we absolutely should start him somewhere on the pitch imo.
I'd love to see him nail down a starting place & he will before long. But I don't want to see him at full back when we have 'real' options. & I don't think Tariq failed because he lost his speed. I believe his speed masked the fact he was nowhere near a full back at this level. Jack is different class but he's only a stop gap full back, he's been targeted in every game so far

PlayMoran

May 19, 2023
Worth noting he played at RB on his debut for the England U21s. Perhaps it’s time we start thinking of Jack as primarily a fullback?
I see Hinshelwood, Rico Lewis and Archie Gray as modern players who can play 2-3 positions. Versatile.

They're teenagers who have more senior players ahead of them in midfield. They could all play CM eventually.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tariq been found out ?

Not for me, still a very good player. Just keeping him fit only issue

If fit and available all the time , he gets game time during the season

It's only as compared to how he was which is possibly the most exciting player I've ever seen for BHA in my life.

If was coming through now , there would be no issue

( 88 appearanes in prem aged 23 )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here