Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hürzeler's pre-Ipswich presser

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Game of opinions and all that, I'm the opposite. I think Minteh is brilliant and not quite appreciated enough on here YET. I think he's got more goals and assists in him than Adingra now and he starts ahead of him every single time for me. Adingra couldn't do what Minteh did to get our first goal against Everton and our goal against Arsenal, Minteh is quicker and stronger, you can see defenders are shit scared of him as well as the fact he helps out defensively. Adingra can be quite lightweight at times.

I like Adingra and he's a useful option from the bench but that's where he's best for me. Plus, I prefer him in his favoured position on the left so I think Fabian has got it just right by starting Mitoma and then bringing Adingra on for him late on against tired defences.

Good options!
Given Fabian's positive use of substitutions (and the change they will bring), I wonder if we might see some games where he considers starting Adingra and saving Mitoma for the tired defense later on.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Can see Rutter starting for Pedro depending on his time of arrival.

Same for Mitoma and whoever else was away on international duty.

Would not be suprised with a few changes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Game of opinions and all that, I'm the opposite. I think Minteh is brilliant and not quite appreciated enough on here YET. I think he's got more goals and assists in him than Adingra now and he starts ahead of him every single time for me. Adingra couldn't do what Minteh did to get our first goal against Everton and our goal against Arsenal, Minteh is quicker and stronger, you can see defenders are shit scared of him as well as the fact he helps out defensively. Adingra can be quite lightweight at times.

I like Adingra and he's a useful option from the bench but that's where he's best for me. Plus, I prefer him in his favoured position on the left so I think Fabian has got it just right by starting Mitoma and then bringing Adingra on for him late on against tired defences.

Good options!
I'd rather not compare the two atm, but would add about Minteh that his pressing is off-the-scale, and has enabled us to win the ball back high up the pitch several times, and I don't see that changing.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Good options!
I hope our new found Facebook fans from the Cote De Ivoire are not reading this or you are done for my friend.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
4 posts apart from each other on the first page !!
NSC at its finest, you have got to love it :love:

PS no disrespect intended to either poster, it was just the complete contrast that struck me.
None taken.

Different perspectives.

Our 2 options to cover CM are both full internationals.
To my old eyes, that's incredible depth. But get it that Moder and Ayari may seem like a drop down to some of our posters

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
p.s. It's disappointing that whoever the rookie is that created this thread couldn't spell his family name correctly.
Or am I being whooshed and it's another case of "Were Loose" ?
It’s common when typing German words on a keyboard without an umlaut to add an e after the vowel. So in this case it’s not a spelling mistake but an acceptable alternative spelling.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
These international breaks are becoming a little bit of a problem for us (I NEVER expected to ever write that!!) in terms we are forced to field a potentially weakened side purely based on travel recovery time. It's at the point where we could be better off playing a 'big' side immediately after a break than a less 'big' side, as they would in theory be in the same position as us.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
These international breaks are becoming a little bit of a problem for us (I NEVER expected to ever write that!!) in terms we are forced to field a potentially weakened side purely based on travel recovery time. It's at the point where we could be better off playing a 'big' side immediately after a break than a less 'big' side, as they would in theory be in the same position as us.
I see on the Ipswich forum they're moaning about it as well. Not sure how many players they had away !!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Worth noting he played at RB on his debut for the England U21s. Perhaps it’s time we start thinking of Jack as primarily a fullback?
Exactly what i've started to think.

Loads of players have played one position in the youth set up and then moved on to have careers in a totally different position when they play first team matches.

That said, I look at his attributes and still think ultimately CM is where he ends up. He might just take longer to get there than we thought

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I see on the Ipswich forum they're moaning about it as well. Not sure how many players they had away !!

According to this link they had 10 players on international duty, 8 of those listed were in the squad for their last PL game. Apparently Kosovo sent home goalkeeper Muric after the defeat to Romania for breaking team rules, he missed their win over Cyprus.

Last edited:

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Worth noting he played at RB on his debut for the England U21s. Perhaps it’s time we start thinking of Jack as primarily a fullback?

Exactly what i've started to think.

Loads of players have played one position in the youth set up and then moved on to have careers in a totally different position when they play first team matches.

That said, I look at his attributes and still think ultimately CM is where he ends up. He might just take longer to get there than we thought
I don't agree lads, I think he is a CM longer term but his understanding of the game is fantastic and well ahead of his years. I'm all for him getting gametime wherever he can, and we saw Pascal Gross start games at full back. I think he's a temporary measure there, because he's going to have a career where he's scoring goals and getting assists and really impacting games. I think that's what he's all about, but for now he's finding his way in the game and getting him on the pitch is the key.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well they had the Polish sounding Irish bloke playing for Championship level side ROI.
Hungarian...not Polish (tho it fooled me at first)

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
I don't agree lads, I think he is a CM longer term but his understanding of the game is fantastic and well ahead of his years. I'm all for him getting gametime wherever he can, and we saw Pascal Gross start games at full back. I think he's a temporary measure there, because he's going to have a career where he's scoring goals and getting assists and really impacting games. I think that's what he's all about, but for now he's finding his way in the game and getting him on the pitch is the key.
Time will tell, just want the lad to succeed regardless of his position :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here