Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hürzeler’s coaching team

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Reported last week on the Hürzeler thread.

Don’t think there’s been any updates since (apart from St Pauli swiping Blessin from USG which could or could not be a cog in a much larger wheel)
What was reported? I can't find mention of Ajax, Kaltenbach etc when searching that thread.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I can think of three reason why.

Firstly, FCSP don't want to have their entire coaching staff gutted, so refuse to negotiate a bulk exodus. We then decide with Hurzeler which members he wants most critically and negotiate individually.

Secondly, he hasn't yet been officially granted a work permit, so why waste time negotiating with them until we know it's truly worth while.

Finally, until they replaced Hurzeler, they don't know what sort of staff their new coach will want to bring with him. They may find that some of Hurzeler's coaching staff are redundant. If that happens we can save ourselves the compensation costs.
He has already been granted a work permit according to all reports I’ve seen

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0197.jpeg

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
According to Andreas Bornemann Knoop likely will follow Hürzeler but it is not yet sure. He had been asked during the presentation of our new coach Alexander Blessin. Nemeth will stay with us.

Thanks for the update - that’s one half of the set piece team (ie the defending set pieces coach) that Hürzeler found so effective last season that could come to us but it doesn’t surprise me Bornemann would want Knoop to stay - losing an assistant manager (and the attacking set piece coach) who has a much more integral role to the coaching team would be harder to replace I guess than the goal-keeping coach.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Twitter rumour is attacking coach. No idea how reliable?
Okay.

He was still playing last month and I would have thought he would announce his retirement from playing if he was moving in to coaching. Unless it will be a player-coaching role.

I guess we'll find out.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Surely Hemed is nowhere near the level required to be playing for us anymore? It’s not exactly in the mould of Lallana/Welbeck/Milner who had all won major trophies and were still competing at a high level.

Has to be as a coach or in some other capacity.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely Hemed is nowhere near the level required to be playing for us anymore? It’s not exactly in the mould of Lallana/Welbeck/Milner who had all won major trophies and were still competing at a high level.

Has to be as a coach or in some other capacity.

We did use Andrew Crofts as an overage player in the DS teams for a while. It was designed to give the youngsters an experienced pro to learn off.

Doubt Hemed would be here in that capacity though, to be fair.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Has he been involved in any coaching in recent years? Cant be returning as a player, but also I cant see any details on him moving into coaching. Maybe Calderon bringing him into the youth set up? They would have played together no?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Has he been involved in any coaching in recent years? Cant be returning as a player, but also I cant see any details on him moving into coaching. Maybe Calderon bringing him into the youth set up? They would have played together no?
They were teammates in 2015-16.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here