Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hürzeler’s (Brighton) Tactics

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Any idea where the counter pressing numbers are from?
The article says:-
Brighton lead the Premier League for not only distance covered but they have made more counter-presses - quick ball regains after losing it - than any other Premier League team this season.

It doesn't say where the stats are frombut, as it's Sky Sports, I would assume Opta.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brighton lead the Premier League for not only distance covered but they have made more counter-presses - quick ball regains after losing it - than any other Premier League team this season.

It doesn't say where the stats are frombut, as it's Sky Sports, I would assume Opta.
Probably….although each data provider (Statsbomb, Footovision etc) have their own versions - can’t find any freebies online though.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

That’s interesting. I think the rest defence element that he’s talking about is what concerns me when I watch us. Whilst we win a lot of balls back quickly, when he don’t win them back quickly we’re often so open and only 1-2 passes away from being completely torn apart. It feels to me like that’s an issue with the 2 8s being too high up, but maybe it’s a case of other players needing to read the game and adapt into these spaces.

I’m sure we’ll improve in this regard anyway.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
It’s a head scratcher the season we retain our best players and add £200m worth of talent is the season we hire an equivalent league one manager or am I being harsh?

I have no idea how far down the list he was but by recent reports he wasn’t near the top.
1. Yes, you are being harsh.

2. What recent report has stated he wasn’t near the top? The club won’t divulge that information so anything reported will be rumour and hearsay.

3. We’re 7th in the League and unbeaten in all games played going into October - now that is the head scratcher.

4. We have a new coach, a load of new players, a new system. Have a bit of patience and enjoy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here