Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~*Huddersfield Town v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Thread*~*~*

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
lol lol lol. So that wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity no?

If you're talking about the tackle yes after the 4th slow mo replay u can see he gets the ball. However the commentators didn't say it wasn't a pen - that's modern football I'm afraid and he takes a lot of the man. I would prefer it to be it you get the ball u can do anything but it's not anymore and the refs angle suggested a clear pen. Not complaining we've had a lot more bad decisions given against us this year - a lot worse than that. The point is if he's given a pen it is a red card. Also funny how if that game wasn't featured on FLS and you didn't see 4 slow mo replays we'd have all assumed it was a pen from the normal angle - we're n ot Prem lg like Spurs remember.

The defender was coming accross, so in the Laws of the game, no its not a goal scoring opportunity.

They seemed to say on the FL show it wasnt a pen straght away, well they said something along the lines of there wasnt much contact.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No cause for panic, we are still 3 points clear and should have picked up a result at Hudersfield. Need to address penalties though. Several on the radio said we've missed 5 out of 5 this season but actually Barnsey scored one against Exeter. Which brings me to the question, Barnsey or Chris Wood ? I prefer Barnsey so I'm not sure about Wood starting ahead of him.

We've had three of our last 5 saved. (Our last three; v Huddersfield, FC United and Southampton). Before them Wood scored v Bristol, Barnes scored v Exeter. Before that Barnes scored v Peterborough. Before that there were saved pens for Bennett (peterborough) and Murray (v Orient, jpt).

The radio also said we're on one win in 6, when we're actually 2 in six. They had a bad day with their stats yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here