Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~*Huddersfield Town v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Thread*~*~*

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are going to lose games. Let's now bounce back!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have to say we looked pretty ragged after their first. Once Wood came off we failed to hold the ball up and get our midfield into the game. We could ave passed that lot off the park with just a touch more composure. Barnes gave us nothing and Didcott ?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
You could tell they were going to win it once they got on top of us.
Disappointed by the poor defending & the fact we can't put a pen away.

Still didn't expect us to be top of the league in my wildest dreams & Southampton lost!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Played well, what can you say that helps....nothing.

Won't define our season as performed well, will bounce back.

Top sides away all out the way

Pen miss f*** sake. Shit goals to give away

Proud but pissed off

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Calde and Greer certainly thought the ball was over the line , the replay from a different camera angle was inconclusive one way or the other.

Judging by how far forward the keeper was once he caught the ball i'd say it wasn't over. It was however NEVER a free kick for their first goal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
its all kicking off beween the soft shandy drinking poofs and the northern neanderthal thugs.

excellent. Chuck a couple of students in there

'Gay boys what's the score?'. Chuck all thosde horrible northern monkeys under some tarmac. What a horrible advert Hudds fans were :fishing:

The fact that Murray was running the front line on his own for most of the game is partly why we have lost this. Huddersfields midfield were excellent, they bossed the game and roberts made calderon look like an old man with his mazzy runs down the wing. However, yet again, we have been ruined by inept officials who have given two, of which one was 110% not a free kick, in the build up to the goals and that is another factor in our defeat.

We really need a Striker at the moment, although Murray has again shown his quality today, particularly in the second half. In truth that was a poor performance by our standards, particularly when on the ball we tried to force it way too much and Kish/Bridcutt and Dicker were pretty ineffectual. It was again made apparent we need another winger to stretch things as we are having to rely to heavily on the attacking ilk of Calderon/Painter and Bennet. Ah well, we may have lost today but we are still top, I think?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Three defeats in four and a half months...if this is our bad patch, I've seen worse.

One win in 6 is not great, but carry on with the ostrich approach. The bad patch is ongoing, not over, it may get worse.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
At least they've got pretty much a full week of training to get us back on track.

Penalties should be part of their daily routine after the regular training sessions-every day. Missed penalties have cost us and not just the match where the penalty was missed. Bennett's miss against FCUM meant a mid week game we didn't need and that interrupted everything in the build up to this game.

Practice penalties ffs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nobby talks sense, good to listen to. Didn't he take us on our best ever run of away consecutive victories? Let's hope he keeps commenting on away games up North

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The fact that Murray was running the front line on his own for most of the game is partly why we have lost this. Huddersfields midfield were excellent, they bossed the game and roberts made calderon look like an old man with his mazzy runs down the wing. However, yet again, we have been ruined by inept officials who have given two, of which one was 110% not a free kick, in the build up to the goals and that is another factor in our defeat.

We really need a Striker at the moment, although Murray has again shown his quality today, particularly in the second half. In truth that was a poor performance by our standards, particularly when on the ball we tried to force it way too much and Kish/Bridcutt and Dicker were pretty ineffectual. It was again made apparent we need another winger to stretch things as we are having to rely to heavily on the attacking ilk of Calderon/Painter and Bennet. Ah well, we may have lost today but we are still top, I think?
Brian Horton made the point on the radio that you can't just turn up and expect to play, you need to earn the right to play - I think that's spot on. I can understand why he went with Bridcutt today after Wednesday but without Sparrow we got outrun in midfield I think. The three in there are all good players but all thogether it was all a bit too similar.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Wobble over as far as I'm concerned , Saints / FC and todays performance

We'll get a hatful on Fri

That's the stuff. Bring it on. Taking my girl for her second match. Her first was the 1-1 with Bournemouth, which was a valuable insight into the agony and injustice of following a football team. Now she needs the next lesson: the joy of a thumping great win.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
However, yet again, we have been ruined by inept officials who have given two, of which one was 110% not a free kick, in the build up to the goals and that is another factor in our defeat.

QUOTE]

You're so right - but once again the usual NSC 'don't blame the officials' brigade will be out to flame us down. Like when i said the Rochdale ridiculour pen cost us points (which i did). We've had some bloody howlers this season. Add that 'sending off' that didn't happen to the Brizzle home one when Murray was brought down - I think at least one of those cost us points, probably both woeful decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here