Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Town & Lee Clark

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We dominated today - but lost. Gus will be looking at that.

I thought Lee Clark and Huddersfield showed a lot of class today. Something I would have expected from SCC in previous eras - but clearly not from the current lot.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think they are actually a better side than we are - If they do manage to get through the playoffs as it's looking increasing likely that will have to be the case - then i think we'll struggle to kep pace with them next season.

You can't have gone today. We mullered them. We lost - but there was only one team out there.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
why didnt the huddlesfield fans stay and watch us get the trophy i thought that was poor and only a handful stayed

took an age to sort out, had backs to them, long way to travel back for three reasons

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We played some FANTASTIC football today and absolutely mullered them, if it wasn't for the comedy holiday time defending we would have won easily. They only had chances through our pretty poor mistakes.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
took an age to sort out, had backs to them, long way to travel back for three reasons

Blimey, they are not Brighton fans..they all showed respect during the guard of honour, as did their manager. next you'll want them to wear blue and white home shirts and black and red away shirts like us!....ahh!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You can't have gone today. We mullered them. We lost - but there was only one team out there.

really....not the game I watched! Brez must have clawed away goal bound shots at least 5 times. I cant remember the Town goalie saving that many!

defence was the difference today....ours didn't turn up and Town's one looked solid.

A draw may have been a fair result to be honest!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
really....not the game I watched! Brez must have clawed away goal bound shots at least 5 times. I cant remember the Town goalie saving that many!

defence was the difference today....ours didn't turn up and Town's one looked solid.

You must have had your Yorkshire hat on today. We carved them open at will. There was only one team out there for long stretches of the game. How we lost that I have no idea.

But the Huddersfield record says a lot about the team.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Glenn wasnt playing and we struggled to score despite dominating the game IMO.. We are not a one man team AT ALL but he makes a hell of a difference scoring and creating

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I know it's based on just two performances, but i thought Saints look streets ahead of the Huddersfield performance today. They looked alright, but then that's not difficult when you look at 90% of the dross that turned up to Withdean most weeks this season.
Never be able to truly tell, as you could see the team didn't really care, which isn't suprising.

Completely agree - SCC were MUCH more threatening. However, Clarke & Huddersfield paid us the respect we deserved pre-match, and fair play to them. They were without Pilkington, which was probably a significant loss, but we were without Murray, Ankers and El Abd. I think Hudds will have to spend significantly if they go up (but then again, I think we will too).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry Dave but you're way off the mark. We were by far the better side today, in the first half Huddersfield were dreadful, hoofing it continually and by some distance inferior to anything Southampton offered. How they went in one up only our defence knows. For most of the second half I was amazed by their apparent indifference, the players seemingly not bothered by the fact they were level.

Only when they brought subs on did they show any sign of wanting it. Very surprised by what I saw from them, given their recent run & parity with Saints, I expected better. They certainly didn't deserve the points but hey, nor did we at Daggers: maybe it's a good sign for them. No point judging them on that performance any more that they can judge us on beating us twice. The table doesn't lie.

But no matter.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The fans and Clark were superior to our South Coast counterparts, however the Saints looked a class above them on the pitch.

I thought Southampton employed the right tactics to beat us. They pressed high up the pitch and played at a high tempo. Huddersfield beat us fair and square, however apart from their two goal striker and their right back who was superb today they didn't look great. I thought we bossed the game and apart from defensive lapses we would of won comfortably.

This...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think they are actually a better side than we are - If they do manage to get through the playoffs as it's looking increasing likely that will have to be the case - then i think we'll struggle to kep pace with them next season. Gus needs to work his magic to get at least 5 new players in with the quality required - Can't wait for next seqason.

And i'm sure a fair few people said the same last year and look what happened.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

We still played better football for 75 mins of the game. All their goals were from defensive errors, I also think we would of won anyway if Muzza had been on the pitch/ we had something to play for. Bit worried that we'll lose some momentum going into next season but if Poyet is to believed and we do make several signings I don't think it will matter that much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here