Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Town & Lee Clark

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
why didnt the huddlesfield fans stay and watch us get the trophy i thought that was poor and only a handful stayed

I would think that given the fact that they had a long journey home and the fact that SCC had won probably took the shine off their day, I doubt that I'd hang around to watch another club be presented with an award my club had missed out on.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Very impressed with Huddersfield as a club today. Manager, players and fans spot on, unlike a certain other club I could mention.

As for how good they are compared to us, as some have already said you can't judge based on one or two games. Head-to-head the record shows they were better than us, over the season the record shows we were better than them. What I conclude from this is the same as Gus - they and Southampton have a bigger budget and therefore better individual players who on a % basis will punish poor defending more than our players can, but we have the better team in terms of style of play and tactics.

Hopefully they'll pip SCC as they deserve it in terms of class if nothing else.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Huddersfield were very sporting and a credit to themselves and football generally (Southampton take note).

Felt we should've won, however, Huddersfield played better football than Southampton, who we surely would have beaten if Greer had been playing.

Good luck Huddersfield.

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
Lots of you have said that Brighton outplayed us yesterday and since I wasn't at the game I'll have to accept those views, however the radio commentary I listened to (BBC Radio Leeds) didn't report it entirely that way. The commentators aren't noted for biased in their reporting, in fact they always seems to pretty accurate in their assessment of games as they unfold in front of them, so to be honest, I'm slightly confused! Did we really get 'mullered'?

You see, yesterday wasn't just about all things 'Brighton & Hove Albion', we had a serious interest in the proceedings too. In many ways the result didn't really matter to you although 'signing off' at the Withdean and taking the League One Championship with a win would have been the icing on the cake, as it were, but to say we didn't deserve to win is a surprise. As I say, the commentary didn't really communicate that we were taking a hammering although they did comment that Brighton play a very good passing game. However, I don't recall there being that many attempts on goal.

Have a great Summer and time to reflect on what has been a brilliant season for BHA. Long may it continue and hopefully we'll meet again in your terrific looking new Stadium next season! - AceT (HTFC):banana:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Lots of you have said that Brighton outplayed us yesterday and since I wasn't at the game I'll have to accept those views, however the radio commentary I listened to (BBC Radio Leeds) didn't report it entirely that way. The commentators aren't noted for biased in their reporting, in fact they always seems to pretty accurate in their assessment of games as they unfold in front of them, so to be honest, I'm slightly confused! Did we really get 'mullered'?

You see, yesterday wasn't just about all things 'Brighton & Hove Albion', we had a serious interest in the proceedings too. In many ways the result didn't really matter to you although 'signing off' at the Withdean and taking the League One Championship with a win would have been the icing on the cake, as it were, but to say we didn't deserve to win is a surprise. As I say, the commentary didn't really communicate that we were taking a hammering although they did comment that Brighton play a very good passing game. However, I don't recall there being that many attempts on goal.

Have a great Summer and time to reflect on what has been a brilliant season for BHA. Long may it continue and hopefully we'll meet again in your terrific looking new Stadium next season! - AceT (HTFC):banana:

In terms of possession we bossed it, chances were fairly even but your finishing and defending was better.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

From the Beeb website:

Possession 55% 45%
Attempts on Target 8 8
Attempts off Target 10 1
Corners 11 6

Terrier17

Jun 30, 2009
Possession was only 55-45 in your favour though? Was a good day out and well done again on your great season! Hopefully (pray) we will be at yours next season! Can't bare another year in this league! :(

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
We did muller Hudds. we cut through them almost at will and they had no answer to our passing game. They gave us more space and time in the middle of the pitch than I can remember us having for quite a while. We really should have been 2 or 3 up by half time as we missed 2 very scorable chances. Given their recent run and league position Hudds must be a much better side than they showed today. It really looked like they had already accepted they have to go through the play offs. no sour grapes or anything. We really were much the better side.

As for Hudds fans...fair play...very sporting. Players did the right thing with the guard of honour. Lee Clarke went some way to making up for his antics in the reverse fixture when he was far from sporting in his comments about Gus and our team.

Shame Hudds and SCC can't have a at off to see who really deserves to come up with us.

PS - how Hudds still had 11 players on the pitch amazed me. Thought there were 2 reds in there yesterday. Peter Clarke who was already on a yellow proceeded to make 2 more bookable challenges both went unpunished...he also should have had a yellow for accumulation of fouls making several in a 5-10 mins spell. And the 16, again already on a yellow, should of got another yellow for dangerous play when he put in a high challenge on Dicker (I think it was Dicker but not sure)...he totally knew what he was doing. Was just as well we didn't need anything from the game.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
The possession stats are bollox...really don't know how they work it out. Time and time again we have dominated the ball for the stats to then show it was equal. I reckon they make it up. Can't really remember hudds putting more than 3-4 passes together so how they had 45% possession is amazing.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Agree the % stats sound bollocks, we had far more than 55% and at times Hudds couldn't get near the ball. Where they were the better side was in terms of being clinical in front of goal and not gifting us goals in defence. Some of their players were clearly quality and let's not forget they were the away side.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We had so much possession and looked very dangerous around their box but couldn't quite find the end product. Calde cost us a goal and if the ref had given us the foul we were due for OGH being dragged down then they probably wouldn't have scored the third goal.
They definitely wouldn't, we'd have had the ball at the half way line - that should've been a yellow for the foul on OGH. And Calderon's chest down for the keeper was just plain stupid, I was screaming at him before he attempted it. We dominated the entire game, Huddersfield didn't play well, but if you can win away when you've not played great, fair play - we've had our share of that this year, and that's what it takes to get promoted.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Although around the halfway line, Hart would have been clean through 1 on 1, as Huddersfield were pushing up. Should have been a straight red as well - however I wouldn't have wanted the Huddersfield centre half to miss the play offs (would have been a second yellow if not a red).

I think the ref realised this and effecctively bottled it....

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Although around the halfway line, Hart would have been clean through 1 on 1, as Huddersfield were pushing up. Should have been a straight red as well - however I wouldn't have wanted the Huddersfield centre half to miss the play offs (would have been a second yellow if not a red).

Thats exactly how I read it.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Absolutely bottled it. He blew for the foul, ran up, when the player (5?) turned away the ref noticed the number and that he had already booked him, changed his mind then waved for OGH diving.

Anyway away from that i wish Udders and Lee Clark all the best. Their club and fans went well up in my estimations yesterday and really think they did themselves proud and i hope to see them next year at Falmer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Absolutely bottled it. He blew for the foul, ran up, when the player (5?) turned away the ref noticed the number and that he had already booked him, changed his mind then waved for OGH diving.
Yes it was number 5, already on a yellow. The view from F block (dead on the half way line) shouwed it was a clear deliberate foul and he should have been sent off (2nd yellow)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here