Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield ticket shambles.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The only way to guarantee seats is to buy a season tix im afraid. Thats the way its always been. I know that there is a cost implication but to absolutely 100% guarantee entry its the only way.

Trouble is anyone with any amount of sense would have bought their tickets for the FIRST 3 games last August thereby GUARANTEEING they GOT tickets for the LAST 3 games so why the moaning ?
It was advertised well in advance and gave people who couldn't afford a season the opportunity to guarantee their tickets for Southampton and Huddersfield so if you can't get tickets now whose fault is it ?

These.

I do have some sympathy though, the decision to give blue members priority does seem a bit odd, not even existing blue members either as you could pay to join up there and then.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Trouble is anyone with any amount of sense would have bought their tickets for the FIRST 3 games last August thereby GUARANTEEING they GOT tickets for the LAST 3 games so why the moaning ?
It was advertised well in advance and gave people who couldn't afford a season the opportunity to guarantee their tickets for Southampton and Huddersfield so if you can't get tickets now whose fault is it ?

Granted, that would have been the sensible option. I missed that newsflash - my fault. But, they have changed the parameters of memberships for the final lot. Why? Easier for them?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
yeah fire and skill you did...we had the first 3 games of season tickets but couldnt afford at that time to by those tickets plus the last 3 games.....went on about a month ago tog et them as had saved up the money but then that simply wasnt the case...they werent available and when they wer emade avaialble the new system was in place.

You had to buy them BEFORE Christmas, it clearly stated this ibn the smallprint on the advertisements.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
I now its kinda my fault in temrs of not getting them before Christmas..thats fair enough....and any amount of moaning aint going to get me a ticket..just feel a bit let down that the parameters on the membership changed nad the season ticket +2 introduction....i will still be there for other games and first at Falmer!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cobby, surely the shambles is yours (but I understand your frustration)? You went to the first 3 games and have had up to Xmas to buy tickets for the final 3, why were they not on your Xmas list?

Not only that, when the sale policy was announced a couple of weeks ago you've had plenty of time to get a blue membership (they sold them at the same time as the tickets when I was in there) or find an ST holder for their +2. I can't see why any regular attender at the Withdean wouldn't be sorted for this game one way or another, even on here numerous threads were started about getting tickets (and the usual panic that they went within an hour).

Also, away ticket priority has always been just one facete of blue membership, and as you listed does state home game priority for cup of playoffs. Okay, they've not worded it explicitly for the final game, but you would have to accept those that have forked out the £30 for membership deserve to be prioritised.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The point isn't that you 'could have got one if you'd bought tickets for the first 3 games this season' though really is it. Money / Holidays may have prevented that but all the same that is a fair way of doing it. The point is AFTER that deal there were still a good 1000 tickets left and they would have been better being sold to the people who have bought most tickets to home games this season on the clubs database - simples. Can't see how people can make excuses for this as the fairest way would have been to countback etc or just general sale to ALL members - not a priority period and certainly not a '+2' for ST holders scenario. Like I said before if you know people with various accounts / season ticket holders you were OK if you were organised (I was lucky enough to do so) but I feel for regular atendees this season who have missed out like the thread starter clearly is.

I agree that the system wasn't broken so why change it. We have had games over the years that have sold out. These should have been no different.

If you want to be there, I don't think Hudds will sell out for this one - Get one in their end

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
The whole thing comes down to the club wanting extra money...this is indicated by the selling of blue memberships and tickets at the same time in the club shop really isnt it? they made £55 for a £25 ticket......

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree that the system wasn't broken so why change it. We have had games over the years that have sold out. These should have been no different.

If you want to be there, I don't think Hudds will sell out for this one - Get one in their end

They have sold out!! I know someone coming down for the w/e and gutted they couldn't get a ticket. They've been allocated only half the away end (350), and they were told Brighton were selling the other half of the West stand to home supporters.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The whole thing comes down to the club wanting extra money...this is indicated by the selling of blue memberships and tickets at the same time in the club shop really isnt it? they made £55 for a £25 ticket......

I do agree with this, fair enough saying 'existing' blue membership holders, but to sell the membership at the same time as the ticket seems a bit contrived.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The point isn't that you 'could have got one if you'd bought tickets for the first 3 games this season' though really is it.

Cobby stated that he had been to the first 3 games, so in theory had more priority to get tickets than anyone.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm with you on that cobby. They have changed the parameters again. I didn't expect to be gifted a ticket, but I expected at least a chance. I don't have the money to invest in all three tickets and a blue membership in one go. It seems my Notts County game will be the last. 191(ish) and out.

BOF, the wording on the text wasn't very clear, but you didn't have to buy all 3 in one go, that only comes into play once on sale to White members. I called up, upgraded my membership to Blue for £30 and bought a ticket to Huddersfield. I did actually get one for Southampton as well but I didn't have to. So it was £55 to guarantee yourself a ticket for the last game.

But I do agree that the club f***ed it up yet again. It seems like every time there is a big game they think "How shall we do this one then?" rather than just gtetting a strategy in place and sticking to it. I really hope they sort out the ticketing fiasco in time for next season or it is going to be a nightmare. I think they will to be fair.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

for once i agree with you,if youve waited till now to jump on the bandwaggon and not think ahead,its your own fault,not the clubs

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Huddersfield has sold out now. Not many Sheffield Wednesday tickets and a few singles South stand and most of the east stand for Saints.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
waited until now to jump on the bandwagon??????

yeah the 6 seasons I have been going to withdean..damn it didnt realise I was just jumping on the bandwagon now.......will mange 21 of the 23 homes this season now.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not just the first 3 every other home game this year except one!!

If you've been to that many games then really you should have sorted out one of the memberships or got a ST. I can tell that you are genuinely upset at the arrangements, and I do hope you get a ticket, but I feel you could have done more to put yourself in a better position to to get a ticket for what was obviously going to be an oversubscribed game.

No offence was meant by this post and good luck getting a ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here