Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield ticket shambles.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
Basically I work a shift pattern that on the fac eof it means I can make just over half the games when they come out...through much begging and annual leave I managed to get to most games..a season ticket wasnt an option when there was a possibility I couldnt get leave or re arrange shift...most tickets were got 1/2 weeks in advance when i knew I was off.

Me being stupid just thought going on around a week ago there would be a system that having a ticket history at withdean I would get a ticket i didnt expect the s/t and blue members system as we have never done that before.

Dont blame the people just disappointed by it and yeah take the stick for not thinking it through earlier.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not just the first 3 every other home game this year except one!!

Sorry if this is stating the obvious, but in light of this, why didn't you just buy a season ticket in the first place then ?

[edit]

I see you've answered already.
I'd still have been inclined to take a flier on a season ticket and used the ticket exchange though.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
waited until now to jump on the bandwagon??????

yeah the 6 seasons I have been going to withdean..damn it didnt realise I was just jumping on the bandwagon now.......will mange 21 of the 23 homes this season now.

but it you left it this late to get the 3 important games,,it wasnt rocket science that since november/dec,these games were going to be important,or am i just orgainised

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Keep an eye out on ticket exchange or have a word in the ear of friendly season ticket holders who might not be going to the game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They have sold out!! I know someone coming down for the w/e and gutted they couldn't get a ticket. They've been allocated only half the away end (350), and they were told Brighton were selling the other half of the West stand to home supporters.

This is news to me!?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm a blue member and give the club 30 quid a year. I'm glad they offered me something back, for me
giving them this additional revenue. I don't understand the problem, obviously if you give the club more
money, they are more likely to offer you more services - that's kind of how capitalism works isn't it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is news to me!?

me too. it's what the Huddlesfield supporter was told from their ticket office. I had said to them I couldn't believe Huddlesfield will sell their full allocation, but I suppose they would if it's just 350. Someone will surely confirm or deny this.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They have sold out!! I know someone coming down for the w/e and gutted they couldn't get a ticket. They've been allocated only half the away end (350), and they were told Brighton were selling the other half of the West stand to home supporters.

Thought that sounded wrong - and it is. Also the club have said they cannot segregate the West stand before - dunno where you got that from?

Huddersfield Town | Tickets | Away Tickets Travel | BRIGHTON TICKETS SOLD OUT

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
me too. it's what the Huddlesfield supporter was told from their ticket office. I had said to them I couldn't believe Huddlesfield will sell their full allocation, but I suppose they would if it's just 350. Someone will surely confirm or deny this.

BRIGHTON TICKETS SOLD OUT
Posted on: Wed 16 Mar 2011

Town's allocation of 894 tickets for their away game against Brighton on the 30 April have sold out as of 5pm today.

Town's game at the Withdean is the penultimate game of the Terriers season and will also mark the arrival of over 170 'Pink Link Pedal for Pound 2' cyclists.

Any season ticket holder wanting to go on a waiting list for any returns should contact the ticket office on 01484 484 123!

:smokin:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But I do agree that the club f***ed it up yet again. It seems like every time there is a big game they think "How shall we do this one then?" rather than just gtetting a strategy in place and sticking to it. I really hope they sort out the ticketing fiasco in time for next season or it is going to be a nightmare. I think they will to be fair.

But surely the club were not to know what position the team would be in. Play-off contenders would have meant not the last game at Withdean after all. I figure they've correctly waited to see what was happening in the league first.

Plus, mental note for the day:

Never trust the word of a Huddersfield fan!

Last edited:

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
n1 gull interesting point but having been a regular at withdean I have given them more money then a £30 membership at £25 a ticket every other week.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I agree. Earlier in the week a mate of mine phoned me to ask if I could buy tickets for him and four of his family for the Huddersfield and Southampton game. I asked why they couldn't as they've been to several games this season and they explained that they needed a season ticket holder to buy them for them as they were not all blue members and therefore couldn't.

So I ended up buying them tickets for both games, a daft situation when these guys have been to a number of games this season anyway. However I'm sure there will some people going who's only qualification is knowing a season ticket holder, not having had to be at a number of games etc.

More reason for a priority scheme which I know they are doing for Falmer but they really should have had up and running many years ago. Not the current owners fault but Ken Brown and DK hang your heads in shame on this one!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
n1 gull interesting point but having been a regular at withdean I have given them more money then a £30 membership at £25 a ticket every other week.

i sympathise with your situation, and hope you can bag a ticket for the game eventually. bound to be a few people who's plans change.

however, there is an element of double standards. you don't agree that a new system, prioritising blue members was introduced on this occasion, but would have been happy for the introduction of a new system, awarding points for matches attended (in a Blue/White membership capacity).

i agree that the introduction of this type of system from next season will be more fair, but in this instance both systems required a deviation from the norm. and introducing a points system in march, would've probably been even less fair, especially having set out a method of guaranteeing a ticket pre-xmas.

all the best though

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
More reason for a priority scheme which I know they are doing for Falmer but they really should have had up and running many years ago. Not the current owners fault but Ken Brown and DK hang your heads in shame on this one!

The ST +2 is clearly a good marketing tool for them. They know most existing ST's renewed at Falmer. By giving them +2 for the last games they are bringing friends / family along to an Albion party atmosphere and the temptation to join their ST holding friend or family member in getting on board at Falmer.

I agree. Earlier in the week a mate of mine phoned me to ask if I could buy tickets for him and four of his family for the Huddersfield and Southampton game. I asked why they couldn't as they've been to several games this season and they explained that they needed a season ticket holder to buy them for them as they were not all blue members and therefore couldn't.

So I ended up buying them tickets for both games, a daft situation when these guys have been to a number of games this season anyway. However I'm sure there will some people going who's only qualification is knowing a season ticket holder, not having had to be at a number of games etc.

What on earth has it got to do with Dick Knight????

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
Well I have just had a nice chat with a gentleman at Brighton and Hove Albion who has looked at my ticket history and has let me but 2 tickets for Huddersfiled and Sheffield Wednesday in block b. Problem sorted! Worth complaining after all...... :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well I have just had a nice chat with a gentleman at Brighton and Hove Albion who has looked at my ticket history and has let me but 2 tickets for Huddersfiled and Sheffield Wednesday in block b. Problem sorted! Worth complaining after all...... :)

They're bloody good in the ticket office and fair. Glad you're sorted! B Block seems odd though - maybe someone gave the club their seat back?

I think it was a bit confusing on the website but you did NOT have to buy three tickets if you were a ST holder or a blue member. This condition only applies to those who do not qualify to buy tickets before 21st march.

I called the ticket office on Tuesday morning, managed to get through after waiting about 15 minutes and asked if I could buy a blue membership over the phone and then buy a ticket for the Huddersfield game. When they said yes that was exactly what i did.

OK I had to lash out 30 quid above the ticket price for the blue membership (actually only 15 being an old fogey) but that was a small price to pay for being sure of being at Withdean for the last game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here