Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield ticket shambles.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
Can anyone else see why the club felt it necessary to basically cock up the tickets for the last game at Withdean?

I have looked at the club website for details on the blue membership and there is NOTHING saying this will give priority to any home league games it says:

-second priorty for members for high priority AWAY games including CUP TIES and PLAY OFF matches.
- Priority seats for not allocated to gold members for all home CUP TIES and PLAY OFF GAMES.

THE LAST GAME AT WITHDEAN IS NOT EITHER!

As an example I had 2 people behind me at Withdean on Tuesday night who hadnt been to any games there before and even questioned who Brighton were....but there mate had obviously got them tickets for all the remaining games there......

I have looke dand in around 5/6 seasons at withdean I have probably spent in the region £2500 on tickets for withdean and i cannot now get a ticket for huddersfield game.

Just think that the system didnt need to be put in place, season ticket holders had there seat, people with a ticket history should of been next as there is going to be hundreds of people on the last game who have never been to withdean before.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
interesting point as there were a couple sat behind me on Tuesday who I take it had never been before and they had tickets for the last 3 games also

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
But the deal where you have to buy all 3 doesn't come into play until Monday? Not sure how it will work now that Hudderfield has almost sold out and the other 2 games have a few extras left. I guess you would have to buy tickets for Wednesday and Southampton together.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm with you on that cobby. They have changed the parameters again. I didn't expect to be gifted a ticket, but I expected at least a chance. I don't have the money to invest in all three tickets and a blue membership in one go. It seems my Notts County game will be the last. 191(ish) and out.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Surely they have purchased tickets when released, why shouldn't they? We are going to have to get use to "newbies", "JCLs" call it what you will. Imagine what it's going to be like in four years time when we're in The Premiership!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It wasn't fair or right. Also 'Young Seagulls' had priority!? WTF is that all about. My mate got a ticket through his 8 yr old account - hardly fair is it... They should have done a count back on this season and given points to fans re how many games they'd been to on their system - not done a blue membership / young seagulls or +2 for season ticket holders. I'm with you that it was totally wrong.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Can anyone else see why the club felt it necessary to basically cock up the tickets for the last game at Withdean?

I have looked at the club website for details on the blue membership and there is NOTHING saying this will give priority to any home league games it says:

-second priorty for members for high priority AWAY games including CUP TIES and PLAY OFF matches.
- Priority seats for not allocated to gold members for all home CUP TIES and PLAY OFF GAMES.

As an example I had 2 people behind me at Withdean on Tuesday night who hadnt been to any games there before and even questioned who Brighton were....but there mate had obviously got them tickets for all the remaining games there......

I have looke dand in around 5/6 seasons at withdean I have probably spent in the region £2500 on tickets for withdean and i cannot now get a ticket for huddersfield game.

Just think that the system didnt need to be put in place, season ticket holders had there seat, people with a ticket history should of been next as there is going to be hundreds of people on the last game who have never been to withdean before.

i don't see the logic.

you are suggesting that offering tickets to Blue members (second highest form of membership - with £30 subscription cost) before them going on a general sale basis has resulted in tickets ending up in the hands of non-Albion supporting individuals?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The only way to guarantee seats is to buy a season tix im afraid. Thats the way its always been. I know that there is a cost implication but to absolutely 100% guarantee entry its the only way.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
i don't see the logic.

you are suggesting that offering tickets to Blue members (second highest form of membership - with £30 subscription cost) before them going on a general sale basis has resulted in tickets ending up in the hands of non-Albion supporting individuals?

Surely its the Gold members i.e. Season Ticket holders that have +2 entitlement to any of the last 3 games that could have bought tickets for others. You couldn't buy a ticket unless you were a Blue member, or buy one for someone else unless they were.

Also, I was in the ticket office and several people got turned away trying to get tickets on their kids Young Seagulls memberships which simply wasn't allowed. Some parents bought blue memberships to get tickets along with their kids.

Besides all that, all these rules didn't apply to Tuesday nights game anyway!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surely its the Gold members i.e. Season Ticket holders that have +2 entitlement to any of the last 3 games that could have bought tickets for others. You couldn't buy a ticket unless you were a Blue member, or buy one for someone else unless they were.

Also, I was in the ticket office and several people got turned away trying to get tickets on their kids Young Seagulls memberships which simply wasn't allowed. Some parents bought blue memberships to get tickets along with their kids.

Besides all that, all these rules didn't apply to Tuesday nights game anyway!!

I agree if you are organised and want a ticket bad enough there is alsways a way of doing so. As for the Young Seagulls thing - it worked fine online (buying an adult ticket on a child's account) - again it shouldn't have come to that but that was the only way my mate could get a ticket for sure - I don't blame him one bit esp as he's been to 80% home matches this season.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
It wasn't fair or right. Also 'Young Seagulls' had priority!? WTF is that all about. My mate got a ticket through his 8 yr old account - hardly fair is it... They should have done a count back on this season and given points to fans re how many games they'd been to on their system - not done a blue membership / young seagulls or +2 for season ticket holders. I'm with you that it was totally wrong.

same

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you think we'll have a thread like this next year if we are pushing for promotion from the Championship? We will you know...

Tickets/Coming Up/Huddersfield.
Initial priority for Blue or Young Seagulls Members is stated in the 2nd or 3rd paragraph, the x2 additional tickets for gold members kicked in about a week afterwards.
Btw, prior to this Huddersfield tickets had been available for "normal" online purchase for months, as were tickets for Southampton and Sheff Wed.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
Rich SUVNER..no thats not really the point.

The +2 season ticket holder system has got the tickets to the non albion supporting individuals... the point with the blue membership is that it was never meant for home league games..there will be blue members who have tickets who have only been to a handful of games at withdean or not at all...and I am not having a go at the away supporters as they are fantastic ubt here £30 was paid for away tickets and the £30 gets them a ticket...I spend £5000 on tickets with my dad and we dont get one.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Trouble is anyone with any amount of sense would have bought their tickets for the FIRST 3 games last August thereby GUARANTEEING they GOT tickets for the LAST 3 games so why the moaning ?
It was advertised well in advance and gave people who couldn't afford a season the opportunity to guarantee their tickets for Southampton and Huddersfield so if you can't get tickets now whose fault is it ?

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
"Btw, prior to this Huddersfield tickets had been available for "normal" online purchase for months, as were tickets for Southampton and Sheff Wed"

Not true actually as they were not on there, there was a priority period if I remember until christmas time and then they went off again.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
I did by my tickets for the first 3 games at Eithdean this season Ernest....but finding £225 for those and then the same for the last 3 wasnt possible. Simples!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
There was a special offer at the start of the season whereby if you bought tickets for the first two games of the season, you were guaranteed seats for the last three games, as long as you bought those seats before Christmas. It was the wise thing to do if you believed Brighton would have a good season and you couldn't afford the cost of a whole season ticket.

Me and my Dad got on it but only bought tickets for the last two games, have been to many more games than the first two so far this season though, although money is now tight so will probably only go to Southampton, Huddersfield and Notts Co away for rest of season.

Last edited:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Did you not have to have tickets for the first three games to ensure a seat for the last three? Or did I imagine that? [I'm not getting any younger - sorry].

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
yeah fire and skill you did...we had the first 3 games of season tickets but couldnt afford at that time to by those tickets plus the last 3 games.....went on about a month ago tog et them as had saved up the money but then that simply wasnt the case...they werent available and when they wer emade avaialble the new system was in place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here