Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield players who are good enough for Championship football

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Afobe seemed good against a weakened Albion at Withdean,
but today against a famously generous Boro defence, I didn't rate his decision-making or lack of instinctive striking in front of goal.
We'll be able to buy far better.

Roberts is great. Seen him in different games.

Huddersfield have money. I don't see the fire-sale there, which Boro' would definitely have had, if luck hadn't gone their way in that last 15 minutes.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Peltier would be good signing, but I'm not really sure any of their players will be available, and I'm sure Gus is looking at more established Championship players in the main.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Let's leave it to Gus, shall we?

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Clarke looks very solid & Peltier, if you don't mind the odd red card & a stack of yellows.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Huddersfield have been getting 15k crowds for a while now, and their spending last summer shows that they aren't short for cash. They've no need to cash in on their best players, as they will be favourites for the title next season IMO, or they should be at least.

Smithies i read somewhere won't be let go for under 800k.
Rhodes would take £1m+, as would Pilkington. So i'd rule those 3 out.

I'd certainly have a look at Ward (who lookes alarmingly like Noone), Gary Roberts, and Lee Peltier, but as others have said lets leave it to Gus.

The Peterborough chairman has already said they'll be selling their best players if bids come in, that may change now they've gone up, but Boyd has always impressed.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Dont think any of them could get into our side next season, peterborough took them apart and we made them look really bad this season :)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Danny Ward and Benik Afobe although they are both loanees.

Are you kidding? Afobe is awful. His second touch is a tackle. No thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here